New tattoo!!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I took the pic with my phone, so naturally it's all grainy and dark, but I just couldn't wait to post SOMETHING about it. :) I've been planning to get another one for a while now, and tonight decided to do it!! Didn't actually expect to get it done tonight, but the artist had a slot available.

Hurt a HELL of a lot more than my other two. (could be because they're both about 2" wide....this one covers most of my calf).

I LOVE MY NEW TATTOO.

l_cfb004456f47e1e15dca51b56071591e.jpg

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Awesome!!! Congrats! I do so love tattoos. Especially mine. I actually recently lost my favorite tat! Though it survived the burning, the doctors skin grafted right over it! My chest used to say "Faith & Passion". Now it just says "assion". Perhaps I'll post before and after pictures for your amusement. It was maybe one of the worse aspects of my accident, aside from the whole not being able to use my hands for two months. I'm literally counting the days until my skin is healed enough to fix it.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Awesome!!! Congrats! I do so love tattoos. Especially mine. I actually recently lost my favorite tat! Though it survived the burning, the doctors skin grafted right over it! My chest used to say "Faith & Passion". Now it just says "assion". Perhaps I'll post before and after pictures for your amusement. It was maybe one of the worse aspects of my accident, aside from the whole not being able to use my hands for two months. I'm literally counting the days until my skin is healed enough to fix it.

I dunno, dude. Assion's pretty cool XD

As in, I lahk me some assion movies.
Or, Lez go out and git sum assion!

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to have a "little butterfly" tattoo, but I'm such a coward when it comes to needles it out weights my decision to just do it. Every damn time!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I've always wanted at tattoo but my ex-husband thought they looked trashy and would constantly talk me out of it. Now I'm getting one! I can't wait. It won't be nearly that big...just a small four leaf clover on my right shoulder blade.

Now if I could just find the time to do it...and someone to hold my hand! I hate needles. :D

Love your tat, tt42. Very cool!

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
my ex-husband thought they looked trashy and would constantly talk me out of it

I think people still tend to have quite differing views on tattoos, especially on females.

For me, they are really sexy. Probably not "hate" across the knuckles in prison ink. But professional tattoos are cool in my books.

Nice tat there thinker!

Last edited:

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Just remember that it'll be there forever, and think it through before you decide on the image and its location.

I prefer tattoes in shades of black, because they are more subtle.

Got a small one (10x5cm) on my right upper arm five years back. I mostly forget it's there until I see it in a mirror, and then I'm pretty happy with it.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
As to the "needle fear," it's really not as bad as some people make it out to be. As TT42 points out, some parts of the body are certainly more sensitive to pain than others. I'm pretty chicken about needles too, but when I got a tatt on my left arm it didn't really bother me too much. You think of needles and some sort of piercing pain...actually it was more of a burning sensation, particularly when he did the lettering and outlining. It's also kind cumulative, the longer I sat there the more the burning sensation began to bother me. Fortunately he was almost done by that time, and in all honesty, at its worst, the pain was negligible. That said, one of the dudes that I was with at the time got a tribal band all the way around his arm, and he said that the work they did on the under portion of his arm hurt like hell. Just a little heads-up there ;)

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Lovely tat!

I have a butterfly on my lower left thigh, about three inches up from my knee. The only part that really stung was the outlining on the outer edge of the wings, but the rest if it felt more like friction than anything else.

Reaction score
I hope your tattoo goes foosty [another one for the Dundee dictionary] and your leg falls off. :D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always envisioned what it would look like when I was 97 and chickened out.
Having seen old ladies with tats, in the gang showers at the Y--good call.

If I were to get one, I'd be careful to avoid both straight lines and parts of the body likely to sag, bulge, fold over other parts, or overwise change shape or texture with age, weight gain or loss, pregnancy, and all.

Maryn, amused at the belly-button circling tats because she can imagine them as crescents in 15 years

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Yeah, the calves hurt surprisingly bad compared to the arms. Perhaps the concentration of muscle?

Could be -- I found that when it got close to my shin (near bone) or when it went around towards the back of my leg (wickedly sensitive skin) it hurt the worst. I have a small tat on my right leg, in the middle of my calf, and it didn't hurt all that much. The one on my shoulder barely registered on the pain scale.

Now my leg is all stiff and sore -- probably from holding my leg all tense (couldn't help it!!) for almost 3 hours as much as the skin/muscle being tender from the tattoo itself. Thankfully I am doing upper body at the gym today -- no leg workouts for a few days! LOL

Sorry to hear about the loss of your favorite tattoo...hopefully it can be repaired back to its former glory!! :)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'd love to have a "little butterfly" tattoo, but I'm such a coward when it comes to needles it out weights my decision to just do it. Every damn time!

To be honest with you, I am petrified of needles, but I'm hooked on tattoos and acupuncture. Tattoos hurt, but not the same way as a hypodermic needle. Just make sure you get it on a fleshy part, not over a bone (why most women seem to get their wrists and ankles tattooed is beyond me...). Both of my smaller tattoos were easy as pie. The big one? Definitely hurt more...but it stretched into some uncomfortable sensitive spots. It was mostly the outer edges that hurt -- in the middle, it wasn't so bad.

So...it's really not that bad, even if you're a needle-phobe.

Edited to add: Also, when I got my first one, the guy "tested" my sensitivity my putting the needle on my skin without any ink...basically made a "line" with no ink, asked if I was okay with it, and THEN started applying ink. So he gave me a chance to wuss out!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I've always wanted at tattoo but my ex-husband thought they looked trashy and would constantly talk me out of it. Now I'm getting one! I can't wait. It won't be nearly that big...just a small four leaf clover on my right shoulder blade.

Now if I could just find the time to do it...and someone to hold my hand! I hate needles. :D

YOU GO GIRL!! :) Just dig your hands into the chair...that's what I did last night. LOL

Love your tat, tt42. Very cool!

Thanks! :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I can't quite make out all of the tat. Would you mind posting another pic showing more leg? Actually, way more leg.