Iraqi Kurds stone girl to death for dating Muslim boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
A 17-year-old girl has been stoned to death in Iraq because she loved a teenage boy of the wrong religion.

Reports from Iraq said a local security force witnessed the incident, but did nothing to try to stop it. Now her boyfriend is in hiding in fear for his life.

Miss Aswad, a member of a minority Kurdish religious group called Yezidi, was condemned to death as an "honour killing" by other men in her family and hardline religious leaders because of her relationship with the Sunni Muslim boy.

They said she had shamed herself and her family when she failed to return home one night. Some reports suggested she had converted to Islam to be closer to her boyfriend.

Miss Aswad had taken shelter in the house of a Yezidi tribal leader in Bashika, a predominantly Kurdish town near the northern capital, Mosul.

A large crowd watched as eight or nine men stormed the house and dragged Miss Aswad into the street. There they hurled stones at her for half an hour until she was dead.

An Amnesty International spokesman in London said they receive frequent reports of honour crimes from Iraq – particularly in the predominantly Kurdish north.

Most victims are women and girls who are considered by male relatives to have shamed their families by immoral behaviour.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=452288&in_page_id=1811

Perhaps Iraq needs five or six hundred more years of social development before they will be ready to enter the modern world and consider concepts like equality, secualrism and democracy.

Maybe they need to be left to their own devices in order to find their own way through history while being contained from influencing or threatening the rest of the world.

It is a shame that so many people have died for such a futile and meaningless venture.

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=452288&in_page_id=1811

Perhaps Iraq needs five or six hundred more years of social development before they will be ready to enter the modern world and consider concepts like equality, secualrism and democracy.

Maybe they need to be elft to their own devices in order to find their own way through history while being contained from influencing or htreatening the rest of the world.

It is a shame that so many people have died for such a futile and meaningless venture.
Wasn't stoning a historical trait of other cultures to punish infidelity?

Where does "...cast the first stone." come from anyway? Did a few American Indian tribe not participate in this ritual? I can't recall. But the act isn't isolated to Iraq.

Two things to say; I don't condole this act now or ever. And if judging a culture by the acts of nine men makes any sense then I'm a little befuddled. I smell a little racism here.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
customs and practices of foreign cultures will always shock.

in india, members of the lowest caste are never spoken to by 'superior caste' members, and are literally spit upon.

also in india, a wife is burned (dowsed with gasoline and set on fire) by other females in her husband's family if she fails to give him a son.

in china, girl infants are 'aborted'.

eskimo men would be insulted if an honored guest refused to bed his wife.

in saudi, convicts are still being executed or have their hands cut off every friday in a public display.

we are not a gentle species.

Last edited:

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
And if judging a culture by the acts of nine men makes any sense then I'm a little befuddled. I smell a little racism here.

I proudly condemn cultures which feature/condone/tolerate honor killings as a tradition.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
And if judging a culture by the acts of nine men makes any sense then I'm a little befuddled. I smell a little racism here.

Just nine guys...

Really?

Just nine guys keeping Iraq in flames for the past four years?

In case you haven't noticed, Iraq is a culture in chaos.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Just nine guys...

Really?

Just nine guys keeping Iraq in flames for the past four years?

In case you haven't noticed, Iraq is a culture in chaos.
Yeah, like America is the bastion of civilization.

Look closer to home:

Confronting Impunity in the Americas and the World
Today in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America - Latina, Indigenous and African descendant women and children are facing an unparalleled epidemic of severe sexual harass-ment, rape with impunity and a well financed international criminal industry of forced sexual slavery.
Responding to quickly changing modern realities, we must actively defend them and also support the spiritual healing of children, women and men, creating a bright future of dignity, true equality and freedom.
Literally millions of Latina and Indigenous women and girl children are trapped by criminal sexual exploitation today. Millions of others are at risk.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
yesterday i saw graphic pics of this... 'event' in the papers here. 'they' proudly posted cell-videos on the net as well...

it made me ashamed of my previous 'philosophical' take on it... i apologise!

the longer i stick around on this plane, the more i fail to understand humanity -- the way we rationalise cruelty. and then find excuses for it...

wish i were.... a leaf...

:(

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Yeah, like America is the bastion of civilization.

Look closer to home:

Confronting Impunity in the Americas and the World
Today in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America - Latina, Indigenous and African descendant women and children are facing an unparalleled epidemic of severe sexual harass-ment, rape with impunity and a well financed international criminal industry of forced sexual slavery.
Responding to quickly changing modern realities, we must actively defend them and also support the spiritual healing of children, women and men, creating a bright future of dignity, true equality and freedom.
Literally millions of Latina and Indigenous women and girl children are trapped by criminal sexual exploitation today. Millions of others are at risk.

You find the bullshittiest URLs on the web, you know that?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
LOL.

Show me where there's an unparalleled epidemic of rape and international sex slavery of latino women in the United States. Or Canada.

Please.

That site boasts of all these terrible offenses, the vast and global evil organizations exploiting latinas across the world. Where's the proof? Where's the evidence? Where's anything but a bunch of bitching by a group trying to drum up money for their charity of choice.

You should know better than to listen to charlatan websites begging for your time and compassion, Spooks.

KingRat

Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't just nine men. The throng of onlookers participated by allowing it. Sad..

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
customs and practices of foreign cultures will always shock.

in india, members of the lowest caste are never spoken to by 'superior caste' members, and are literally spit upon.

also in india, a wife is burned (dowsed with gasoline and set on fire) by other females in her husband's family if she fails to give him a son.

in china, girl infants are 'aborted'.

eskimo men would be insulted if an honored guest refused to bed his wife.

in saudi, convicts are still being executed or have their hands cut off every friday in a public display.

we are not a gentle species.

India, China, etc. are big places with long histories. You present these practices as though they still occur. Do they?

Just curious.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
India, China, etc. are big places with long histories. You present these practices as though they still occur. Do they?

yes

Reaction score

I believe it was Thomas Edison who tried to invent the Tivo and upon failing for the 100th time said "I have not failed, I have figured out 100 ways to not invent a Tivo."

And luckily Abner Tivo finally got it right.

There is no futility or meaninglessness in Iraq.

We have learned but one way to not help these people towards a better life.

Nothing futile about that.

Except for them.

Lunatics.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Amen, Billythrilly.

Thank you for restoring my confidence in American Gumption and Can-Do!

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps the Kurds are finally grasping Western culture.

This incident was actually filmed for an episode of the Iraqi version of PUNK'D.

Reaction score
This incident was actually filmed for an episode of the Iraqi version of PUNK'D.

No joke.

This was taken at the stoning at Armidjeankaiangaiuanaianbian stadium.

ashton%20kutcher.jpg

And here's a publicity shot from the soon to be shot Israeli Punk'd.

kutcher.jpg

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
These people disgust me on a very deep level.

Status
Not open for further replies.