What's the cutoff on displaying rep points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Not too long ago, I was able to see all of my rep points displayed. Now it seems like it cuts off at about the most recent 1200... is that correct? Is this new?

Deleted member 42

It's about a week old, and may not be permanent. There are problems with some users being unable to even open their CP because the browser freezes trying to display their Rep Comments.

Stuff is being contemplated and tried.

The data is all there by the way, it's just not being displayed.

Deleted member 42

If it's doable -- and that's a big IF -- would you folks be interested in a Web based script such that you click on a link and ALL your Rep comments, the date, the commenter, the comments and the post link were copied and exported as HTML or a tab-delimited text file (which you could open/read in a spreadsheet or Word processor) ?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I only got back to January... surely I haven't gotten 1200 reps since January.

Anyway... to answer Lisa's question: the file would be nice, I suppose... but not necessary, as far as I'm concerned. I don't go back to the beginning and re-read 'em. As long as the tally is kept, that's all that matters to me, really.

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
That works for me and I'm not even close to dclary's rep count!!! Or should I say I'm not as opinonated as dclary is to get all those rep points? Just kidding Dave!!!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
If it's doable -- and that's a big IF -- would you folks be interested in a Web based script such that you click on a link and ALL your Rep comments, the date, the commenter, the comments and the post link were copied and exported as HTML or a tab-delimited text file (which you could open/read in a spreadsheet or Word processor) ?

I would pay cash money for that.

In Zelda Rupees.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
1200?
dang.

I've always wished I could re-read the rp's I've given out.
I have a feeling I'm redundant :Shrug:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Well sort of, but I'm not really a green stamp kind of guy. I live for the moment, so historial stuff is interesting but doesn't co-exist with my lifestyle. Do as you wish, it makes not difference to me.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I use it for statistical analysis of which posts generate the most good (or ill) will.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com

Is this a dumb question: would the link in the spreadsheet or word processor still work? In defense of the possibly dumb question, I ask because I'm wondering what good it would be if it didn't -- assuming that if it doesn't there probably is some good use that I just don't get.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I still think we should be able to trade the old ones in for prizes.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Is this a dumb question: would the link in the spreadsheet or word processor still work? In defense of the possibly dumb question, I ask because I'm wondering what good it would be if it didn't -- assuming that if it doesn't there probably is some good use that I just don't get.

If medievalist can write a script that generates a stand-alone html page, then yes, it's possible that the links can go back to the original repped post (assuming it's not deleted or whatever, I guess)

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score

Um...could you put that in dumb-dumb lingo?:flag:

Hey..think they have rep points on Ebay?

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
If medievalist can write a script that generates a stand-alone html page, then yes, it's possible that the links can go back to the original repped post (assuming it's not deleted or whatever, I guess)

You all are making my head hurt. Now I have to go get my husband, Mr. Computer Programmer, and have him translate this complex computer lingo...Maestro????? Maestro???? Yooohooo...they're doing it again--they're talking smart....

Reaction score
Yep, I did. Did you get my reply to your email? I've been having problems with my ISP recently, some messages take an absolute age to go through but they get there eventually.

A couple of times recently I've had to PM people to check, most emails go through but one hasn't. Maybe lost in cyberspace?

Deleted member 42

It would in most; the Word Processor or Spread essentially kicks the Web browser awake, passes it the URL for the link, and says, 'ere you, you lazy sod, go fetch this 'ere Web page.

Reaction score
My head hurts reading all this.

But as someone has already mentioned, it would be cool to be able to read points and comments we've given as well.

I heart rep points. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.