PDA

View Full Version : Do some posts not count?

dub
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I noticed my post total only changes occassionally, not each time I post. Maybe this is a subspace thingy and I am being maginalized as I type, each lettter causing a deletion of my soul...omg, I better shut up.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Posts in Office Party and TIO do not count toward post totals... they used to, but some folks stuck to TIO and OP and weren't contributing to other areas.

So... in an effort to get those who cared about post count to participate in other areas, the post count rules were changed.

dub
05-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanx...subspace particles are now falling into place, I may once again be whole and able to post further. You are an angel in disguise, my thanks to your for clearing up my stupidity.

dub

Medievalist
05-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Dub you might want to take a look at The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886), wherein much arcane wisdom may be found.

Bartholomew
05-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I noticed my post total only changes occassionally, not each time I post. Maybe this is a subspace thingy and I am being maginalized as I type, each lettter causing a deletion of my soul...omg, I better shut up.

We have a complicated formula for what constitutes a "post."

Basically, if Poster = Dclary, then PostValue = Zero.

Otherwise, we use PV = (wordcount of post)(amount of time elapsed since joining) / time elapsed since last post.

So if you followed up a valid post four minutes ago with a 5000 word rant, after joining site seven days ago, you'd enter these numbers:

PV = 5,000*7 divided by 4.

If the number you end up with is greater than the amount of posts William Haskins has accumulated, but less than my number of rep points, the post counts.

Otherwise, it is ignored.

I hope this helps!

Maryn
05-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Nobody told me there was going to be math!

Maryn, hiding under her desk

JulieB
05-06-2007, 12:50 AM
There will be a pop quiz later...

dub
05-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Omg

Dub you might want to take a look at The Newbie Guide to Absolute Write (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34886), wherein much arcane wisdom may be found.

I'm male, do you really think I would read the directions?

Maryn
05-06-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm male, do you really think I would read the directions?Hope is the last to die.

Maryn, whose husband read directions yesterday--wow, huh?