Inspired Thievery Thread

Nolita

Registered
Reaction score
What's your latest bit of inspired thievery? Mine's Country Girl by Primal Scream. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8AJB8mfm9Zg (alternatively you could go to their official site and watch the video in full after a search, if you hate youtube).

They swiped the melody of Precious Lord Take My Hand, and wrote a song about redemption that isn't sappy. Not easy I dare say. Most redemption songs are pretty dang sappy, if not downright wimpy.

Oh and check out the back of the lead singer's jacket! If all Christian Rock stars wore stuff as cool as that, I'd totally watch their videos.

If you still feel too clean after watching the video, search for their song Rocks. You should feel pretty good and filthy after that(helps if you dance with the song).

Rivana

Walks in the shades.
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rivanacreations.com
*grins* Oh, Sweden's winner and runner up in the eurovision song contest qualification rounds. They're both blatant rip-offs, the winner isn't too bad, but the runner up. *blushes* I'm just glad it didn't win cuz that would have been embarrassing. See the refrain is identical to Glory of Love by Bette Midler, the words aren't exactly the same, but it's definitely painful to hear.