PDA

View Full Version : Resource For Erotica Writing Sales

denipink
07-19-2003, 11:28 AM
There is a little known site called www.lulu.com where you can register for free and receive a free storefront from where you can then peddle your wares. Other writers can view your writing too and notify you of their interest to collaborate in some way with you. These alerts come by email to your inbox, again or free.

You can submit your writing in simple Word doc format and they will reformat any way you choose. You can opt for pdf ebook or any number of other options.

They mark up your asking price by 20% as their take and they actively market and advertise your own storefront for you. They give you a personalized URL to your own storefront so you can maintain it and continue to upload your writing.

Lulu provides you with a likeminded community of fellow writers and a number of opt-in, paid for services and perks those so inclined.

I have no idea what their policy is on Erotica writing but thot you all might like to check this one out for yourselves. I have earned just shy of $800 dollars there this past three months. I am very happy with that kind of result. I expect it to only grow and I continue to upload my writing. Perhaps you can have this kind of success, too. My writing right now is commercial only as this is my line of work too but I plan to offer erotica writing there too if they allow it.

Best of luck in your erotica writing.
Denise ;-)

WriterBee
09-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Dear Denise

Thank you for the lulu.com tip. I published a work of fiction on the site and if that goes well, I'll consider trying to sell some erotica there, too.

Sincerely
WriterBee

gabnash
08-10-2004, 01:58 AM
So how did it go? Was it worthwhile?

veingloree
08-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah of few posts, this feel like SPAM to me. If you want to recommend a vanity publisher I don't feel that this is the correct forum for it.

gabnash
08-11-2004, 04:51 AM
O ye of many posts - where is a good place to sell my erotic scribblings? I'm rather new to this!

veingloree
08-11-2004, 04:11 PM
This is a good general starting point: www.erotica-readers.com/E...Frames.htm (http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/GuidelineFrames.htm)

Other than that it depends what sort of thing you write.

nolabohemian
08-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Sounds sort of like what cafepress.com does, but Lulu, Inc. only had one complaint at www.bbb.org, which was resolved. Not bad for three years.