Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, now it's starting to get hard. Two will be going home, and everyone who is left has talent. My power rankings for this week are as follows. The poll allows for multiple options so you can pick two who should go.

This week, I'm gonna channel Randy.

1. Blake: :hooray: My man is back. That was hot, dude. Seriously, you blew it out of da box.

2. Melinda: Loved the attitude. That was da bomb.

3. LaKishia: Give it up for Kiki. The girl is back. That was hot.

4. Phil: Dude. You're best performance ever, man. You should totally be singing country and southern rock. It's where you are.

5. Chris R.: It was just aw'ight. It wasn't bad, but you're just outclassed by the competition, dawg.

6. Jordan: (okay, I'm gonna be Simon for a minute) As much as it pains me to say this, that was not good. You've been doing quite well, but that was shreiking and if I'm being completely honest, it was a bit kareoke for my tastes.

Who will go: Chris and Jordan.

Who should go? This is hard. Probably Chris and Phil.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Blake was AWESOME! I loved that!

going home: Chris and LaKisha. (yes, she was good this week, but I don't think she has been good enough the last few weeks to outlast Melinda and Jordin's popularity.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I loved Blake, too. My husband didn't like what he did to the song. I think Simon was right in that half the people will love it; the other half won't.

I'm hoping it will be Phil and Chris. If they go home, we'll have the perfect top four.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
gotta agree w/ Soccer Mom for last night's rankings. However, I still don't think Jordin will go home. I think she has enough popularity & got enough votes last week to keep her alive (keep in mind that they're totalling the votes from this week & last to choose the bottom two).

I suspect this is it for Chris, although, having missed last week's performance, maybe he pulled through then. The other person in the bottom two.... Well, I'm just not sure. Maybe Phil or LaKisha, even though they both had a good week.

I'm pretty sure that even if half the country HATED Blake's performance, nobody votes anyone off, you vote them to stay on, & the half that liked Blake's performance, LOVED it (from what I've observed), so he's probably safe.

Anyway, I'll post my individual contestant opinions/observations when I get home.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Weren't Chris and Jordin the bottom two last week? If that's the case, I'm afraid that she could be in trouble.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Weren't Chris and Jordin the bottom two last week? If that's the case, I'm afraid that she could be in trouble.

I don't think they really said they were in the bottom two, because Ryan said something at the beginning about not announcing the top or bottom. I think they were just the last two he went over and did it for shock value.

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
LaKisha really pulled it out last night, I just hope it's enough, her previous weeks were just bad and I really think not sending someone home last week saved her.

Kudos to Blake for being himself and to Melinda for channeling Tina Turner.

Phil and Chris can go home tonight.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Jordin did okay but she's been so strong in the past, I hope she stays.

Phil was really good but I'm not sure the performance will save him.

Frankly, I'm tired of LaKisha, she was good this week but she hasn't been in the past...I wouldn't miss her a bit.

Chris...<sigh> I'm just tired of him. He was just okay for me this week but I'm sick of the boy band thing with him.

Melinda obviously wasn't comfortable with her song this week but holy crap, she nailed it! She's definitely staying.

My man Blake...wow, freakin' awesome! I loved it...I voted as much as I could! :)

I think it'll definitely be Chris this week and either LaKisha or Phil. I'm hoping it's LaKisha and Chris.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of Phil, so he can go. And Jordin sucked. I like her, but last night she just sucked.

Everyone else was great. It was a good show last night. It stinks that I can watch the damn show but I can't vote. :(

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
lclary and I liked Blake and his beat-boxy-ness. He's not the best singer in the world, but hell, who in Pop is? She would have liked him to win the whole thing, so I'm going with him.

Lakisha did the "Not a Love Song?" That was the perfect song for her, and she has great stage presence for a BBBW. She can stay.

Melinda? Meh. Doesn't do anything for me.

Phil? He's average. I don't like bald guys.

Chris? He's not bad... but he's really... WHITE. He has the worst rhythm (watch him try to dance. It's like a marionette being handled by a robot), and just average chops. I'm indifferent toward him.

6. Jordan? Yeah. She's just not really that good. Of all the idols, I detest Fantasia. She's the worst idol ever, and Jordan is just a poor imitation of that. Make the world a better place, vote Jordan out of my face.

Who should go? Jordan and Melinda. Who will go? Probably Jordan and Phil. We're at the traditional stage in the contest that whoever DOES go will be eliminated over the protests of the judges and fans, because anyone still there has something that makes them unique over the others. I say traditional stage, because sanjaya's extended stay meant a lot of other more-talented contestants were knocked out earlier than they should have been already this year.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
CAUTION: THREAD HIJACK

I didn't want to start another thread but I'm so excited I can't stand it...I just bought tickets to see Chris Daughtery in concert on July 3rd! I can't wait!

*****WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED THREAD*****

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i thought i heard that they were going to combine last week's voting with this weeks.

...if that is indeed the case, the bottom two from last week will likely get the boot this week regardless of what happened last night.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Well... no... the bottom two in combined voting will go. Theoretically.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Considering that Ryan was using Jordin as a red herring for his "most shocking results show ever," I suspect she actually had the most votes last week.

Toxic_Waste

Registered
Reaction score
Darn, I keep forgetting to watch (not much of a loyal TV viewer). Last season I watched the show every time, but for some reason I just can't get into it this time... it's like it's beginning to be too contrived. Even the judges are told how to respond, how to act...like producers say "more arguments! less (this or that)!" I don't trust the responses and comments to be heartfelt and genuine. And I don't think the Sanjaya (or however you spell it) thing was on the up-and-up. I didn't read the thread about him, but wasn't he hanging on for so long mostly because of the "vote for the worst" faction?

Maybe next year............

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
i thought i heard that they were going to combine last week's voting with this weeks.

...if that is indeed the case, the bottom two from last week will likely get the boot this week regardless of what happened last night.

Well... no... the bottom two in combined voting will go. Theoretically.

i just dug up the article,...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18424350/

and forgive me if i missed the point of it as i read it with one eye on it and the other on my work.
You got the point right, & it makes sense, but that doesn't mean that this week's votes don't matter. It really depends on how much of a gap there was in the voting last week, & how much of a gap there is this week (not as important as last week's, but still important). If everyone was fairly close last week, then the bottom person last week could pull through if two people who were above them last week get significantly less votes than them this week. So if, for a hypothetical-ish example, Blake made the bottom two last week, but half of the people watching (or voting) completely loved his performance this week (which, let's face it, is pretty damn good in a contest against five other people) & felt compelled to vote for him, making him the top Idol this week, it'd probably be more than enough to knock him out of the bottom two. Of course, it's more likely that last week's will have twice as much impact than this week & we might end up w/ the same bottom two regardless, but it's impossible to say without having the numbers that that's true.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You got the point right, & it makes sense, but that doesn't mean that this week's votes don't matter. It really depends on how much of a gap there was in the voting last week, & how much of a gap there is this week (not as important as last week's, but still important). If everyone was fairly close last week, then the bottom person last week could pull through if two people who were above them last week get significantly less votes than them this week. So if, for a hypothetical-ish example, Blake made the bottom two last week, but half of the people watching (or voting) completely loved his performance this week (which, let's face it, is pretty damn good in a contest against five other people) & felt compelled to vote for him, making him the top Idol this week, it'd probably be more than enough to knock him out of the bottom two. Of course, it's more likely that last week's will have twice as much impact than this week & we might end up w/ the same bottom two regardless, but it's impossible to say without having the numbers that that's true.

Right, for instance (with totally made up numbers)

last week
Chris 6.0
Blake 5.6
Jordin 5.2
Phil 5.1
Melinda 5.0
Lakisha 4.8

this week
Blake 4.2
Jordin 4.0
Melinda 3.8
Lakisha 3.7
Phil 3.5
Chris 3.0

total:
Blake 9.8
Jordin 9.2
Chris 9.0
Melinda 8.8
Phil 8.6
Lakisha 8.5

-- so in this case... Melinda, even though she was in the bottom two in the first week, escapes because Phil's numbers drop farther than hers do, while Lakisha, despite not being in the bottom two in week two ends up being knocked out anyway.

It's a composite of votes from both weeks, with the weight being on the week that had (obviously) the most votes.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Top 6, part 2

Blake: When Bon Jovi started talking about him taking a risk and mixing up the song, I only hoped we'd see a bit of the old Blake. Yay! This is one of the few Bon Jovi songs I know well, and I loved Blake's rendition, vocals and beat-boxing. This is the first beat-boxing we've actually heard from him since the top 12. I don't think he's in danger at all, although last week wasn't stellar and there will be a lot of people who won't like the change he made with the song.

Melinda: I'm sorry, Melinda is just so cute when she's talking to the pros and camera. I liked the vocals (almost goes without saying), but I also liked the choreography and attitude she brought to it. I think I liked Blake's a little better tonight, but still a great show.

Phil: He has certainly found his niche here. Stick with the country and the rock, dude. Maybe record a country rock album, just to get them there together. Wonder if he got the lowest number of votes last week, based on Simon's comment that he didn't do enough to last this round (considering he's the first to go, and we haven't seen anyone else today; I had to go back to my post last week to even remember his last performance and where I ranked it. Sure enough, I put it at the bottom, and now I'm sorry I remember ;) ) ETA: I ranked him above LaKisha, but realistically, they were about even for me & I probably upped him in the rankings due to low expectations, while I always have high expectations for LaKisha, which are not always met (but were last night).

LaKisha: It was nice to give her a real reason to use her "gospel" voice. I thought it was really good. I guess Simon agreed :D

Chris: Singing a song that Chris Daughtry nailed, not only on AI or the AI cd, but on the radio as well, is going to be tough. Yep, so far, he's not doing even close to Chris Daughtry's or Bon Jovi's performance. It's far from horrible, but it wasn't great. I'm sure he could have found something for his JT-like voice/appearance.

Jordin: Uh oh, doesn't sound too certain in her video before singing. She did much better after the key change, but I wasn't loving this performance. Hopefully, the great number of votes she probably got last week will save her. Jordin was adorable with her answers to the judges, though. I can't believe it, but when everything's said and done, she's at the bottom this week. Everyone who loves her had better vote their hearts out just to make sure.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm...very interesting, though not shocking. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I have to say I really hoped it was LaKisha that went, though I wasn't surprised at the two that left.