threesomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

veingloree

I am about to write my first threesome sex scene, quite light as it is for fantasy/romance not full on erotica. Any tips? i haven't read many such scenes and have only my imagination to really on in this particular case. :eek:

Are there any threesome cliches? (Its a guy-guy-girl one btw)

Maryn

3-Way Tie

I haven't written one lately, but I remember struggling with pronouns in a three-way scene. Be very careful with antecedents or your reader won't be able to 'see' what's happening.

Another caution, depending on how graphic and how realistic you're trying to be, is positioning. Try hard to remember these are people, not athletes and certainly not contortionists. I have been known to draw stick figures to help me figure out whether Person C's arm is in the way of Person A's leg, or whether Tab B can enter Slot C in this position.

The only cliche that comes to mind in a threesome scene is if the two of the same gender, in your case the men, are straight when the scene begins, and by its end they're bisexual. I've seen numerous, uniformly ludicrous, attempts to have a three-way romp change characters' sexual orientation, and it just ruins it.

BTW, there's not one, not two, but three calls for erotica in a paying markets section. Check it out!

Maryn

pepperlandgirl

bisexuals

I agree about the straight-to-bisexual cliche. That's annoying.

nolabohemian

forgetting a character

I find sometimes when writing threesomes that two characters sort of take over and there is an odd-man (or woman) out. You have to focus on making sure that all three have, if not equal, at least pivotal parts in the action. It's something to think about, especially if you don't do them a lot. It can be easy to forget there are three people there instead of two.

Status
Not open for further replies.