Erotic poetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppyhullings

Just wondering how many write erotic poetry and submit it to erotic markets?

I've only recently begun dabbling in this genre. I submitted one poem to an erotic market the other day, but haven't heard any news about its status yet.

Poetry doesn't pay much, I know, but $5, $10, or $20 is better than nothing and those few dollars can buy supplies like paper, stamps, envelopes, etc.

So is anyone else having any luck (good or bad) in the erotic poetry department?

veingloree

So far i have only written one, rejected by one market currently submitted to another. There are a few paying markets in that area. If anyone os Canadian I know a good erotic poetry anthology coming up (open only to Canadian reisdents).

veingloree

I managed to sell one to Scared Naked Magazine recently, so that is one place if your writing darker stuff.

nolabohemian

If you write dark stuff, Cthuluh Sex buys Lovecraft-inspired erotic poetry, but they can take a long time to get back to you and pay in copies.

nolabohemian

By the way, I just got an email from the editor of Scared Naked saying that the magazine is going on hiatus indefinitely. Sad news for those of us in the dark erotica genre.

veingloree

Oh dear. I hope (selfishly) that the september issue is still coming out.

nolabohemian

No, he had to cancel it 'cause of problems with the printer. So whatever you had in it is up for grabs again. Sorry, Em.

veingloree

I just got that email to. So 'Elsewhere' is going out again. Time for a new search for markets into horror/erotica poetry... :shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.