Romantica (TM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veingloree

Erotic romance is a great new market. I was thinking that my next project might be a novella or category length book along these lines -- equal parts heart and... other anatomical parts. Is anyone else working in this area?

Would you agree with Ellora's Caves (ellorascave.com) definition of this sort of thing?
--------------
"Erotic romance is defined by us as: any work of literature that is both romantic and sexually explicit in nature. Within this genre, a man and a woman develop "in love" feelings for one another that culminate in a monogamous relationship.

In a piece of Ellora’s Cave Romantica™ literature, sexual language is typically expressed in frank adult terms, rather than couched in flowery phrases. In other words, rather than describing lust in a woman's body as "a whirlwind of electricity that jolted through her love valley" as is generally found in mainstream romance novels, an author of Romantica™ might say, "intense desire coursed through her body, making her wet with arousal." (E-rated and above titles typically use much more graphic language than that.)

Romantica™ doesn't begin from the premise that women's sexual experiences are dirty and therefore in need of being perfumed up by flowery phrases. The premise of Romantica™ is that women's sexual experiences are legitimate, positive, and beautiful."
------------------

I do wonder about the explicit heterosexuality and monogamous-ness :wha of it all. But I suppose those are important aspects of trad, romance?

Can anyone thinlk of a market that might take a longer work where there is romances and sex but possibly soem other aspects no acceptable in trad. romance like brief infidelity, bisexuality, threeways etc?

Would people be interested in a list of e-publishers of erotic romance novellas? I have a few squirrelled away and will be submitting a gay novella along these lines soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.