May 500 words/day thread--all genres welcome

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Hello. I have a confession to make. I've been lurking on the April 500 words thread. A lot. :D I needed to keep track of how Murphy the Muse was doing.

I have been working in fits and starts on my rewrite.

Especially the fits.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No new words, but doing a final (I hope) edit for my Bad Genie. I WILL send out queries next week. I'll add new words to War of the Crickets tonight.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Apparently Murphy doesn't like being watched -- I was a lazy bum today. (Well, ok, I worked late and went for a walk with my mom. Same difference. :tongue) I am starting to get worried about the wordcount vs. how much story's left...I'm going to be doing a lot of cutting!

[how can I never manage to remember when it's a new month??]

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Ssh: I just sent off the first two four five queries for The Bad Genie. I feel naseous.

Last edited:

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooohhhh! Crossing fingers for you Soccer Mom!!! :D

Why do I always stall out after finishing a big project. I have to get back on the horse and get some words, not just thoughts! :whip:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooohhhh! Crossing fingers for you Soccer Mom!!! :D

Why do I always stall out after finishing a big project. I have to get back on the horse and get some words, not just thoughts! :whip:

I hear that. My poor little WIP is being eaten by Genie queries even as we speak. I should be writing new stuff.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a short story yesterday... I think it was around 1500 words, or maybe more. YAY! (I did it while I was supposed to be working... BOO!)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Are we a bunch of deadbeats or what?

I've decided my WIP should be first person POV and I've been re-writing it. (I was only a chapter in anyway.)

I've gotten two rejections on the email queries and I sent one new one out. I hope to get one more e-query out tonight. And some beta reading. And finish re-writing my chapter.

I hope there's no posting because everyone is simply too busy writing.

That's it. Right? :Sun:

ETA: Done. I sent out the new e-query to replace today's rejection and wrote 500 new words. Now I'm off to beta. Where is everyone? Do they all have lives except for me?

Last edited:

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here Soccer Mom, no worries! :D I've just been slacking off wordwise. Toying with building a blog, making a real dent in my TBR pile, plotting the next novel, and (gasp) housecleaning.

So I guess I can either post how many dust bunnies I've chased down :sleepy: ...or how much pre-writing I'm getting done. ;) So far I'm getting a little stuck -- I think I need to get out Holly's Create a Character Clinic and get to know my MC a little better before I can get to the good stuff. :Sun:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! :Sun: You can post on your request for a partial! Good job, moth.

I, on the other hand, can post about my latest rejection. Evidently, some of the agents at Writer's House work weekends. Oh well. Time to send out another query. ANd to add new words to WIP.

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Hah! :Sun: You can post on your request for a partial!
I put up a whole thread about it...don't want to sound bigheaded by mentioning it in more than one place...;)

I, on the other hand, can post about my latest rejection. Evidently, some of the agents at Writer's House work weekends. Oh well. Time to send out another query. ANd to add new words to WIP.
:Hug2: New words to WIP are great medicine...but nothin' beats chocolate. Here you go. Just don't get smears on the keyboard (you know that comes through on the e-queries! Chocolate smudges all over an agent's desk! :eek:).

ETA: I hope everybody else in this thread is getting words too...BIC wishes going out! *grin*

Last edited:

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been very busy, partially with writing and partially with rl stuff. No words today, though.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, 1000 new words and edited a short story.

Last edited:

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Whee, 1000! I wrestled 797 out of Murphy tonight. Either he disapproves of my work hours, or he doesn't like being watched, one or the other.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Go, MOM AND ANNIE! Whee!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
730 today. At least it's going somewhere!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote a new flash piece-537 words. I'm such a bad girl. I wrote it in church. One of these days, God's gonna smite me.

No new rejections today! Whoot. :D gotta find the joy where you can.

You rock, Annie! You add new words every day. I'm very impressed.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
What, you missed the four days or so where I dropped off the face of the board this last time? :tongue

(I have to be stubborn about this, 'cause otherwise Murphy will flake on me totally. And this way I'm not too hard on myself when work and such crowds out words. Or even basketball. ;) )

Husker@Heart

Registered
Reaction score
Newbi Here :flag:

I am actually stating a new project (and it's a few days into May...) but my goal is to write AT LEAST 1000 words a day for the next 30 days of my "Semester Break" in school.

A good friend recomended this thread to me, so I thought I'd stop by!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Husker! Keep us posted or we'll have to break out the whip! ;)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Husker! Welcome to the madness. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Edited on both the new story and the one posted in SYW (horror forum). And got a very nice, personalized rejection from one of my queries. :sigh: Once more into the breach, dear friends.

Husker@Heart

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Soccer Mom, personalized rejections are always better to get than the generic one! So there is a shiney side at least!

Husker@Heart

Registered
Reaction score
I'm crawling into bed for the night; but I'm so excited with how my writing went today that I thought I'd stop by here!

I was starting a new piece today; had a thought of where it was going and so I sat down to write and it took a whole different direction! But one that I'm even more excited about!

I quickly pounded out 1600 words! So now I'm off to bed to hopefully sleep without too much thought on this piece!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: Good for you, Husker. I spent the evening at a cubscout cookout. That's 0 words. But I did quite a bit of editing earlier. That's my excuse. :D