The waiting IS the hardest part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperlandgirl

Remember when Homer bought a gun on the Simpsons, and they made him wait 3 days. "3 days?! But I want to kill people now!" Anyway, while he was sitting outside, waiting for the days to pass, a lot of people who "needed shootin'" drove by, and of course Tom Petty's song was playing in the background.

That's how I feel right now.

Ellora's Cave said the typical response time is 8 weeks. I submitted on April 28, and I didn't do great in math, but I'm sure it's been more than 8 weeks.

I think I might die.

Though I know this is hardly out of the norm. In fact, I suspect it's downright typical. Anybody else wait for endless weeks on Ellora's Cave (or other erotica publishers?) Is no news good news? Should I lie and tell myself it's good news anyway?

veingloree

The problem is that no news is really just no news -- hence the abject pain of waiting :grin

I have waited on LooseID and Changeling with my current novella (4-5 weeks each) and they both said 'no' (sigh)

But Ellora is the best of the lot and can probably afford to keep folk waiting longer. Good luck and get on with writing th next one!

aka eraser

A short, polite query on the status of your manuscript wouldn't be out of line. My math says you're nudging 14 weeks so I don't think it's too soon. Keep in mind though that it's holiday season in NA and Europe (not sure where this pub is based) so they might well be short-staffed for a while.

pepperlandgirl

short and polite...

I emailed them tonight. On April 28, I submitted "New Frontier" for consideration for Cerridwen Press. I would just like to inquire on the current status of the submission. Thanks for your time

Now here's hopign they respond...

SRHowen

Elora's Cave

I queried them recently and received an e-mail saying they were behind on reading submissions due to a back log and an overwhelming amount of them.

Shawn

pepperlandgirl

waiting...

Yep, that's the same response I got. So the wait continues.

lena matthews

I hate waiting

I submitted to Ellora's Cave my syn. and my first three chapters, and i heard back the same day, saying that they wanted to read the entire manuscript, I was so excited, and now i'm waiting. :wha
It will be twelve weeks next week and i'm going out of my mind. I really want them to pick up my book, but i'm getting very impatient. :head

Status
Not open for further replies.