PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

jvc
05-01-2007, 02:13 AM
For all the Harry Potter fans out there, here's (http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/specials/harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-trailer.php) a trailer for the new film.

ChunkyC
05-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Talk about a Potter overload, I'll be in the theatre with popcorn in one hand and The Deathly Hallows in the other. ;)

sunna
05-01-2007, 04:26 AM
I actually watched the trailer four times. I am such a geek. :tongue

facsmth
05-01-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm such a geek that I bought a book called "Geek Love" and thought it was a romance with nerds in it. Turns out the book was about a female circus performer who bites the heads off chickens who marries the ring leader. It's a fictional memoir by the daughter of this odd couple.

The book is by Katherine Dunn.

What was I saying? Oh nevermind. I'm such a geek, I'm tangental about a topic nobody else was talking about. :D

sunna
05-01-2007, 05:16 AM
I'm such a geek that I bought a book called "Geek Love" and thought it was a romance with nerds in it. Turns out the book was about a female circus performer who bites the heads off chickens who marries the ring leader. It's a fictional memoir by the daughter of this odd couple.

The book is by Katherine Dunn.

What was I saying? Oh nevermind. I'm such a geek, I'm tangental about a topic nobody else was talking about. :D

I am, nonetheless, fascinated. :)

dclary
05-01-2007, 05:43 AM
I can't wait for the 7th book to come out so I can finally buy a boxed set.

Who the hell buys a boxed set of a series of 4 books when you know it's a seven book set?

sunna
05-01-2007, 05:50 AM
It's too late for me on the box set - I have to get the damn thing as soon as it hits the shelves. Though I'm slightly sorry now I didn't just borrow them from - oh, any member of my family - and hold off. I've been known to call in sick the day after they come out, because I stayed up the whole night to finish. I'm sure there's some sort of tracking system at work for this now. "Harry Potter Absenteeism Syndrome"...

My aunt actually called me up sobbing hysterically after reading the end of book six (stopping there to avoid spoilers). I use this standard whenever I start to worry that I'm a bit obsessed. :tongue

dclary
05-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Come on, (s)he had to die. It was inevitable. ;)

sunna
05-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Come on, (s)he had to die. It was inevitable. ;)

Right there with you; I applauded (sadly). As long as my favorite character isn't slaughtered, I'm ok. :)
But I'm not looking forward to another hour-long session of hysterical crying this summer if anyone else croaks - I can't even remember how I calmed her down last time.

dclary
05-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, we all know Harry dies, so hopefully no one else will have to go.

If I had my druthers, I'd like to see this:

Ron and Hermoine hook up
Harry fakes his own death and goes into seclusion to live a regular life free of both his muggle relatives and the ministry of magic and fame
Neville gets the credit for saving the world from Voldemort

But I don't think any of those things will happen, so I'll stick to the old reliable: harry dies.

Southern_girl29
05-01-2007, 07:16 AM
Harry just can't die. I'm going to stick to that until the book comes out. But, I agree that the character who died in the sixth book had to die, but I still cried. I couldn't help it.

Anya Smith
05-01-2007, 08:16 AM
It's deplorable at my age to be such a fan of the Harry Potter books, but I can't wait for the last one.

Vincent
05-01-2007, 08:47 AM
It's deplorable at my age to be such a fan of the Harry Potter books, but I can't wait for the last one.

Don't worry, that's why there's a blank cover edition.

jodiodi
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
My favorite characters are likely canon fodder in the seventh book so I'm already resigned to seeing them go. Oddly, I couldn't care less about Harry, Hermione, Ron, etc. Probably goes back to my not really caring much for stories about kids. The adults surrounding them were/are much more interesting to me than they are.

sunna
05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I definitely think Neville is going to play a big part in the endgame - I actually wonder if he's going to get offed. For some reason I still can't believe she'll kill Harry, though I know she's threatened it.
I just wanna see more Snape, that's all I ask. I love that guy.
...not, may I say, in a slash fanfiction sort of way. I wandered unwittingly into some of that the other night, and I will never be the same. :tongue

jodiodi
05-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh yes, I love Snape too. He's such a complex character and I must admit, the type I usually pull for.

And I agree about the slashy fanfic ... horrific.

ChunkyC
05-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Who the hell buys a boxed set of a series of 4 books when you know it's a seven book set?
Christmas presents. ;)

I've been buying the adult hardcovers from Raincoast Books (http://www.raincoast.com/harrypotter/harrypotterbooks.html) up here in Canada, they look great on my bookshelf. I've had Deathly Hallows on back order since February 9th and can't wait to get at it. I'm even planning my reading so that I'm not partway through anything else come release day.

What can I say, I too am a Potter Geek. :)

Soccer Mom
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
:drools shamelessly at the thought of Book 7 and the movie for O of P:

Writer2011
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Harry just can't die. I'm going to stick to that until the book comes out. But, I agree that the character who died in the sixth book had to die, but I still cried. I couldn't help it.
If J.K. Rowling knows what's good for her and wants kids to read her other books, she won't off any of the main characters... As for who gets it in number 7, I think it will be Neville Longbottom or Draco... But then again we'll see..

As for the fifth movie, it looks pretty intense--a bit darker which is on purpose i'm sure--I haven't read all of the books so I only know what my wife has told me about the story.

sunna
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I've been buying the adult hardcovers from Raincoast Books (http://www.raincoast.com/harrypotter/harrypotterbooks.html) up here in Canada, they look great on my bookshelf. I've had Deathly Hallows on back order since February 9th and can't wait to get at it. I'm even planning my reading so that I'm not partway through anything else come release day.

Those are awesome. I wish I didn't already have 1-6, now I want those. A 7-book box set of them.
But I doubt I could justify the expense to my husband, who finds the whole Potter phenomenon a bit baffling.
Heh. I should show him the fanfic I ran across and see what he thinks of that. :D

Christine N.
05-02-2007, 12:14 AM
"Deathly" Predictions...(yanno, like who will die)

One of the Weasly parents.
Kingsley Shaklebolt
Remus Lupin (such a tortured soul; almost seems kind to put him out of his misery. Tonks will be devastated.)
Mad Eye Moody
Possibly...Snape. He will die defending Harry, because he was in love with Lily.

And, of course, Peter Pettigrew, who will also die protecting Harry, because he owes his life to Harry after Book 3. That'll come back to bite him in the butt.

Also could buy the farm...
Bellatrix LeStrange (killed by Sirius' brother, who you know will appear)
Lucius Malfoy, but I'm betting he'll hang on, like a cockroach.
Crabbe and Goyle's fathers

And just because he didn't believe Dumbledore...

Cornelius Fudge.

Southern_girl29
05-02-2007, 12:33 AM
"Deathly" Predictions...(yanno, like who will die)

One of the Weasly parents.
Kingsley Shaklebolt
Remus Lupin (such a tortured soul; almost seems kind to put him out of his misery. Tonks will be devastated.)
Mad Eye Moody
Possibly...Snape. He will die defending Harry, because he was in love with Lily.

And, of course, Peter Pettigrew, who will also die protecting Harry, because he owes his life to Harry after Book 3. That'll come back to bite him in the butt.

Also could buy the farm...
Bellatrix LeStrange (killed by Sirius' brother, who you know will appear)
Lucius Malfoy, but I'm betting he'll hang on, like a cockroach.
Crabbe and Goyle's fathers

And just because he didn't believe Dumbledore...

Cornelius Fudge.

I, too, think one of the Weasley parents will die. JK Rowling did say that one character who was supposed to do die got a reprieve, and I'm thinking it's Draco Malfoy. I think he's going to come over to the Order, possibly, but I'm not sure how exactly. I hope Remus doesn't die, as I really like his character.

Someone mentioned upthread about Ron and Hermione getting together, and I know they will. Rowling said it always meant to be the two of them together. But, I think Harry's going to survive, and he and Ginny Weasley will wind up together. That way, the Weasleys will really be his family, the family he always wanted.

Of course, that's the happy ending I'm praying for. Rowling could surprise me, but I hope she won't.

dclary
05-02-2007, 12:42 AM
She said "CENTRAL" character. There's only 3. Ron, Hermoine, Harry.

Which one dies?

I say Harry. It makes the most sense.

Killing Hermoine's just mean, and Harry would kill himself if he let Ron die in his place.

Southern_girl29
05-02-2007, 12:49 AM
She said "CENTRAL" character. There's only 3. Ron, Hermoine, Harry.

Which one dies?

I say Harry. It makes the most sense.

Killing Hermoine's just mean, and Harry would kill himself if he let Ron die in his place.

Hmm, in everything I've read (and I'm such a geek that I've read a lot of JKR interviews), I don't think I ever read "central." I'm still holding out that Harry lives, along with Ron and Hermione.

I remember when reading Order of the Phoenix I heard the spoiler that a main character died. I couldn't figure out who. When I read the book and found out it was Sirius, I thought that he wasn't a main character. If he was considered a main character, then any of the Weasley's could be considered a main character, along with Neville or some of the other members of the Order.

dclary
05-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Do you have the prophecy handy? I don't.

JKR says this about the prophecy:

The prophecy Harry hears in Dumbledore's office suggests to me that both he and Voldemort will have to die, is that true?

Both Madam Trelawney and I worded the prophecy extremely carefully and that is all I have to say on the subject!

Christine N.
05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
No, it suggests that ONE will die.

"Neither can live while the other survives."

If that's not the exact wording, it's pretty damn close. Meaning that neither will be able to move forward with their lives until one of them is dead.

And the fact that Neville was born on the same day as Harry is not a small coincidence - I'm sure that will come into play in a HUGE way. Remember, we still ASSUME the prophecy is about Harry, but it could have been about Neville. His parents weren't killed outright, only their sanity driven from them in such a way they might as well be dead.

Oh, and Lockhart will get his memory back in Book Seven too.

Okay, I looked it up, here it is exactly...

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies . and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not . and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives . the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies .'

Neville's parents were also members of the Order... we don't know how many times they defied him, do we? The only thing that really defines it as talking about Harry is the 'mark'. We all assume it means the scar.

ChunkyC
05-02-2007, 01:35 AM
ooOOOoo

Is it July yet? ;)

dclary
05-02-2007, 01:54 AM

If that's not the exact wording, it's pretty damn close. Meaning that neither will be able to move forward with their lives until one of them is dead.

And the fact that Neville was born on the same day as Harry is not a small coincidence - I'm sure that will come into play in a HUGE way. Remember, we still ASSUME the prophecy is about Harry, but it could have been about Neville. His parents weren't killed outright, only their sanity driven from them in such a way they might as well be dead.

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies . and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not . and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives . the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies .'

Neville's parents were also members of the Order... we don't know how many times they defied him, do we? The only thing that really defines it as talking about Harry is the 'mark'. We all assume it means the scar.

Neville is a red herring, thrown out there specifically for conspiracy theorists.

And the Potters defied him when he rose to power, they defied him the chance to kill Harry when he killed them, and they defied him the chance to kill him at the end of Goblet of Fire. Trifecta. Thrice defied.

So here's the thing... Will Harry Potter kill Voldemort? Has Harry killed anyone? COULD he kill anyone?

Isn't losing his soul worse than losing his life?

ChunkyC
05-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Good questions.

Is it July yet?

sunna
05-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Rargh - now I have to go take a hot bath and read Half-Blood Prince again. I just accidentally wrote Ron into one of the scenes in my 2nd WIP. :)
::delete delete delete::

Wake me when it's July...

dclary
05-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Dude, wouldn't a book 50 years from now, with the big guy who played Hamish from Braveheart playing Ron Weasley at his demise be a great book? Like, he's fallen away from everything, become an old drunken redheaded wizard, Hermoine was killed years ago, some sort of accident, and he gets a chance at redeeming himself and his family's name.

Christine N.
05-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Doesn't say 'born to those who WILL thrice defy him'... it says 'born to those who HAVE thrice defied him'. Past tense. Something so carefully worded wouldn't miss that. This prophecy was made before Harry and Neville were born, remember.

So I'm not buying that, dclary. The question that came up then was this - is Harry who the prophecy is about because he it was him all along, or did Voldemort MAKE him the 'chosen one' when he picked him and gave him the scar? Did Voldemort make the prophecy self-fulfilling? Would it have been better to watch and wait until both boys were grown?

All good questions.

Soccer Mom
05-02-2007, 04:48 AM
WHY ISN'T IT JULY YET!!!!!!!

sunna
05-02-2007, 05:29 AM
The question that came up then was this - is Harry who the prophecy is about because he it was him all along, or did Voldemort MAKE him the 'chosen one' when he picked him and gave him the scar? Did Voldemort make the prophecy self-fulfilling? Would it have been better to watch and wait until both boys were grown?

Ah HA, I just read it again, and that sounds right to me. (spoiler alert!)Dumbledore specifically makes the point that He Who Must Not Be Named chose Harry out of two possibles, thereby ensuring that it was Harry he would face and giving Harry the tools to beat him. And, interesting passage that I totally forgot about, he also very pointedly says that Harry is free to make his own choice because of this - and that his choice may even be to not participate in the prophecy. Or that's what I get from it, anyway.
So maybe Harry won't be killing anyone after all. I admit I'd prefer not; these books have gotten steadily darker and I like that, but JKR has taken great pains throughout not to tarnish Harry's innocence.
Plus my little cousins will have nightmares for weeks, and my aunt may call in a bomb threat on the publisher.

I really, really need to think of something else now. I'm scaring me. Quick! Pink elephants!

Southern_girl29
05-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Ah HA, I just read it again, and that sounds right to me. (spoiler alert!)Dumbledore specifically makes the point that He Who Must Not Be Named chose Harry out of two possibles, thereby ensuring that it was Harry he would face and giving Harry the tools to beat him. And, interesting passage that I totally forgot about, he also very pointedly says that Harry is free to make his own choice because of this - and that his choice may even be to not participate in the prophecy. Or that's what I get from it, anyway.
So maybe Harry won't be killing anyone after all. I admit I'd prefer not; these books have gotten steadily darker and I like that, but JKR has taken great pains throughout not to tarnish Harry's innocence.
Plus my little cousins will have nightmares for weeks, and my aunt may call in a bomb threat on the publisher.

I really, really need to think of something else now. I'm scaring me. Quick! Pink elephants!

I was also going to post that Dumbledore said that Voldemort chose Harry and by doing that marked him as his equal.

I've always had a problem with the fact that Harry will have to do the actual killing. I agree that JKR has not tarnished Harry's innocence. I read somewhere a theory that someone else will wind up killing Voldemort. One theory was that Peter Pettigrew would do it in an attempt to save Harry's life. Another was that Snape would wind up doing it, again to save Harry. I don't know. I just wish it were July.

Soccer Mom
05-02-2007, 07:12 AM
My vote is that Snape will do it.

jodiodi
05-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I hope Snape does. Anything to give Snape more screen--or is it page?--time.

sunna
05-02-2007, 05:56 PM
I hope Snape does. Anything to give Snape more screen--or is it page?--time.

I think/hope so too. Gotta love those dark, tortured souls. :)

Soccer Mom
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Add me to the Snape fan club. LOVE me some Snape. (but not in the squicky fanfic way).

Southern_girl29
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Snape. For me, my favorite dark tortured soul of the series is Remus Lupin. I absolutely loved him.

jodiodi
05-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I never cared for Remus--he just didn't strike a chord with me. My other favorite character is Lucius Malfoy. I don't know why. I just think there's something else under his haughty facade that makes him so insecure he must act the way he does. Can't stand his brat, though.

ChunkyC
05-02-2007, 09:55 PM
My other favorite character is Lucius Malfoy.
Up until now he's been Voldemort's fawning sycophant, but it would be REALLY cool if there was more to him that gets revealed in book 7.

sunna
05-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Lucuis is definitely cool. I'm hoping for a slightly humbler version of him in book 7. I like Remus all right, I guess, but I've got a soft spot for bad guys with good reasons to be bad guys. Or dark heroes. Or bad guys with no reason to be bad, if they're well drawn and fabulously sarcastic. Torment. Gimme torment.

...Now if only I could write a character like that. Oooh. I think I've come up with my monthly writing experiment.

jodiodi
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I have a villain I've written in several books who is thoroughly bad. We know why and yet we don't care. He's just so evil--but is absolutely beautiful to behold. He doesn't look bad. I'm trying him out in a new setting now to see if I can get him out there (since my fantasy romance series will likely never see the light of day in published form). I adore him, though, and love writing him, even though the people who read him have very strong feelings about what they'd like to see done to him.

I'd like to see Malfoy humbled a bit, but not too much--that arrogance is one of the things that makes him who he is. I'd like to see his character explored a bit more like Snape's has been--give him more depth.

Soccer Mom
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I love the bad boys, I must confess.

MAJOR GEEKITUDE WARNING

for example, on BBCA's Robin Hood, I don't get what she sees in Robin. I love Grisbane or whatever his name is. :drools:

I warned you.

dclary
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
In the new Russell Crowe Robin Hood movie, Robin *is* a bad guy. It's being set up as a love triangle between Marion, Robin, and Nottingham.

Soccer Mom
05-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Good. Robin should be a bit dark, IMHO.

sunna
05-03-2007, 12:05 AM
In the new Russell Crowe Robin Hood movie, Robin *is* a bad guy. It's being set up as a love triangle between Marion, Robin, and Nottingham.

Eh? I have not heard of this. ::rubs hands together:: When is this coming out?
This is what I get for not having TV...

I definitely agree that Malfoy shuld retain his arrogance. I'm not sure anything short of death could dent it. I can picture his sneer right now. And his lovely pale hair. :)
I just love watching a really great bad guy, or, hell, good guy, get taken down a notch - if it's done right you learn all sorts of new things about their character. And JKR just loooves to make you feel a little bit sorry for the villian.
I wonder what she'll do with Voldemort in the end.

...All right, I just checked and it's still May. Who's driving this thing? Are we there yet?

dclary
05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Robin Hood link:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117958414.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Skarpz
05-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Talk about a Potter overload, I'll be in the theatre with popcorn in one hand and The Deathly Hallows in the other. ;)

I can't believe you're going to WAIT a week and a day after it comes out
:cry:

No it couldn't have been about Neville, it's been confirmed.

These two are from Mugglenet.com:

The prophecy refers to Harry, and not in any way to Neville.
The final part of the prophecy does not mean Harry has to kill Neville, or vice versa
Doesn't say 'born to those who WILL thrice defy him'... it says 'born to those who HAVE thrice defied him'. Past tense. Something so carefully worded wouldn't miss that. This prophecy was made before Harry and Neville were born, remember.

So I'm not buying that, dclary. The question that came up then was this - is Harry who the prophecy is about because he it was him all along, or did Voldemort MAKE him the 'chosen one' when he picked him and gave him the scar? Did Voldemort make the prophecy self-fulfilling? Would it have been better to watch and wait until both boys were grown?

All good questions.

yes it was about Harry ;) Read up on Mugglenet.com and you'll know more :)

P.S. I think Robin Hood should get its' own thread if it hasn't already so I can keep track of it more :) I heart Robin Hood :)

FatTire
05-03-2007, 06:09 PM
MY gut tells me that JK kills off Harry, but only because she doesn't want another writer coming along and doing the Harry Potter adult years. Though, that would be a rad series (yes I said rad, help me bring back this word).

My wife and I love the audio books. The guy reading them does all these different voices. They are better than some of the movies.

Okay, back to my hope that all 3 character survive and JK does the Harry Potter adult years.

ChunkyC
05-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I can't believe you're going to WAIT a week and a day after it comes out
I have to review the movie, so I'll actually be going opening night. Believe me, I ain't waiting for either the movie or the book, I'll be on both of them like Hagrid on a dragon's egg. ;)

Toothpaste
05-03-2007, 07:14 PM
My cousin is terrified someone is going to give away the ending before she finishes the book. I am too, but she is so cute about it. She sits me down with a look of serious concern and asks me what she can do. I tell her read the book as fast as she can.

katiemac
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
My cousin is terrified someone is going to give away the ending before she finishes the book. I am too, but she is so cute about it. She sits me down with a look of serious concern and asks me what she can do. I tell her read the book as fast as she can.

And stay away from the internet, for sure.

Skarpz
05-04-2007, 05:10 AM
And stay away from the internet, for sure.

I'll have to stay away for however long it takes me to read about 800 pages (I'm a slow reader.)

Sage
05-04-2007, 08:51 AM

All good questions.Both sets of parents have thriced defied him. Why else would DD believe it could have been either boy? I think the books make it clear that it was because of Voldy's choice that made Harry the chosen one, but Voldy hadn't heard the part about marking the chosen one, which explains why he didn't avoid making it self-fulfilling.

No it couldn't have been about Neville, it's been confirmed.

These two are from Mugglenet.com:

The prophecy refers to Harry, and not in any way to Neville.
The final part of the prophecy does not mean Harry has to kill Neville, or vice versayes it was about Harry ;) Read up on Mugglenet.com and you'll know more :)
I had to go to Mugglenet.com (wouldn't it be better to go to Rowling's site & get the answer to the question there, which is what I eventually did) to see for myself what was actually confirmed. It doesn't exclude that an "other" person may be involved in the prophecy, just excludes Neville.

I have tried adding punctuation in other places or reading the word either in a different way, but nothing makes sense except what seems to be clear. The only thing I can make out that could be a trick (& I'm not the first or only, I'm sure) would be that "the other" refers to a third party. I've suggested & have seen suggested elsewhere that the sentence could be: and either must die at the hand of [Neville] for neither can live while [Neville] survives, suggesting that Neville & Voldy will kill each other & Harry lives happily ever after (or that Neville kills them both because Harry is a {insert spoilerish term mentioned in the 6th book}). I don't think that 2nd "other" necessarily needs to be reinterpretted to make the theory that the first "other" is a 3rd party work.

So, having found out that Neville isn't involved, what about this theory? The "power the Dark Lord knows not," doesn't necessarily refer to the love & sacrifice of Lily which has protected Harry 'til book four. After all, that's been neutralized by now anyway. What if the power has to do with true loyalty someone will show Harry? Voldy's followers mostly follow him because he gives them power & they fear him. But Harry inspires true loyalty. Naturally, this is true for his friends, as we've seen time & time again. But what about Peter Pettigrew. He still owes Harry, & has failed to pay him back. He could go either way: Voldy could ask him to kill Harry, & he might 'cuz Peter fears him, but instead he could turn on Voldy & repay Harry for saving him in book 3 (as was foreshadowed in that book, & hasn't played out yet). Thus the line could be: and either must die at the hand of the other [aka Pettigrew] for neither can live while the other survives.

But really it could be anybody. Or the interpretation of "the other" could be totally wrong. But it still seems like there should be a trick in interpretation somewhere in there & we'll all be smacking our foreheads when we find out.

Christine N.
05-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes, but it's about Harry BECAUSE Voldemort made it so, not because the prophecy was necessarily ABOUT Harry. Now it's Harry, but it could have just as easily been about Neville, had Voldy gone to the Longbottom's house instead.

It's all very existencial (I know I spelled that wrong. Brain needs more caffeine before trying to spell big words)

And I want to see Sirius' brother, who we know is in there somewhere.

Skarpz
05-05-2007, 11:19 PM
I had to go to Mugglenet.com (wouldn't it be better to go to Rowling's site & get the answer to the question there, which is what I eventually did) to see for myself what was actually confirmed. It doesn't exclude that an "other" person may be involved in the prophecy, just excludes Neville.

Well, they even had interviews with J.K. Rowling herself and always keep a wathc out for anything harry potter that may not be on her site. It's neater and I can find information faster on their site. It takes a while to go through her site. But also, They go through every interview she has ever had and check their information thoroughly. It's probably the best site for the most information about harry potter besides J.K. Rowlings site.

Toothpaste
05-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I like The Leaky Cauldron best, but I know they have a good relationship with Muggle Net so it's neither here nor there.