Call for erotica submissions - ETERNALLY NOIR

captivatex

ETERNALLY NOIR

www.logical-lust.com/currentcalls.html

Part of the series, 'Eternally Erotic Anthologies.' An eBook series of genre specific anthologies of around twenty stories per book , each story will be between 2,500 and 4,000 words long. This call is for the for next of these, entitled; 'Eternally Noir.'

Guidelines; I seek powerfully dark, erotic short stories of between 2,500 and 4,000 words. Original, unpublished works only, please. NO EXCEPTIONS as the e-book will be advertised as having content that has not been published anywhere else, in any format. Elements of mystery, the supernatural, BDSM, foreboding, tragedy, fear, revenge etc., can be included. However, hate, necrophilia, racism, minors, etc., cannot be used. Rape can be indicated or implied upon but if depicted you must do so very carefully. It CANNOT be potrayed as triumphal or as the ending to a plot.. If it used as a means to forward the storyline to another conclusion, then that is acceptable. Boundaries of consent, by the very nature of 'noir,' can be pushed and stretched. The purpose of the eBook is to shock, or scare, but not to disgust the reader. The editor's decision will be final in all cases of acceptance.

Submissions must ONLY be in the form of a RTF (rich text file) and attached to an email that contains your full authors bio and a declaration that the material is original, unpublished, and that you own the copyright. Send your email, entitled 'Eternally Noir,' to [email protected]. Any deviation from this will result in the submission being ignored or deleted. The deadline for submissions is 30th Sept 2004. The aim is to have this e-book on sale by the end of Nov 2004.

Payment;&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Equal share of 75% of the net sales revenue for each story published and up to 5 downloadable copies of the e-book.

Rights; Logical-Lust will retain first publishing rights, which will be exclusive for a period of one year from date of publishing. After this period of time each author is then free to grant secondary publishing rights with the condition that the anthology is cited as the primary source of the material.

Once published, the e-books will remain on sale with no maximum time period set. It will be sold through both eternallyerotic.com and logical-lust.com, and other sources that may become available, or viable.

Info & queries to [email protected]

nolabohemian

Oi! Thanks for the reminder! I forgot that the deadline was so close, but sent the two stories I had in yesterday! Good luck!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Just thought I'd let you know that my submission was accepted and paid for! Yay!

I hope you will all keep as up to date with your recent successes and inevitable disappointments.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm prying, feel free to say so--I mean it!--but I'm curious how much you were paid. 75% of the net sales revenue divided by X number of authors--did this come to very much? Secondary question: How often will you be seeing a royalty check?

Maryn, who will understand completely if you'd prefer not to say

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Actual I had got that mixed up, the paypal was from Torquere and I just got the LL contract today. I will let you know how it goes but probably via PM!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
veinglory said:
Just thought I'd let you know that my submission was accepted and paid for! Yay!

I hope you will all keep as up to date with your recent successes and inevitable disappointments.

Way cool! Congrats, veinglory! :Thumbs:

nolabohemian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cbcalsing.blogspot.com
eternally noir

Veinglory, I'm thrilled to be in an anthology with you and can't wait to read your piece! I've got two stories in it as well. Perhaps we can orchestrate some sort of promotion...;)

captivatex

Veinglory and Nolabohemian, if you decide to do any promotion, jointly or severaly, please let me know if I can help you in any way. I have website banners you can use, and I'm not averse to giving away the odd free copy as a competition prize, etc.

Let me know :)

Jolie du Pre

LESBIENNE EROTIQUE - Jolie's Lesbian Erotica Contest

To celebrate what turns me on I'm offering a LESBIAN EROTICA CONTEST. The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.

Contest Rules:

IF YOUR STORY APPEARS ELSEWHERE, CHECK WITH PUBLISHER BEFORE SUBMITTING!!

1. Authors may be female or male 18 years or older.

2. All flavors of F/F welcome - from Vanilla to BDSM. No men.

3. Stories only. No poetry or flashers.

4. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS. They will be deleted/unread. Your submission should be in the body of an e-mail.

5. INCLUDE TITLE OF YOUR STORY, YOUR NAME OR PEN NAME, YEAR OF COPYRIGHT.

6. Include a bio.

7. INCLUDE THIS STATEMENT WITH YOUR SUBMISSION:

"I am the author of (title of your story) and I own the copyright to (title of your story). I would like to submit my story to Jolie's Lesbian Erotica Contest."

8. E-mail you story to [email protected] with LESBIAN EROTICA CONTEST in your subject line.

9. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: November 1, 2005. WINNER ANNOUNCED and story posted : January 1, 2006.

GOOD LUCK!

Jolie du Pré

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
captivex,

I will get in touch by email. I would be very happy to use any banners and If you would consider letting me use a copy as a competition prize I am sure I could make great use of it.

Jolie du Pre

Oops! Sorry Captivatex
EmoteKiss.gif
! I'm new and didn't pay attention to the thread. Working too fast.

Jolie

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Eternally Noir will be out very soon. I am looking at starting a contest with a copy as a prize. Something like 'describe a sexy/scary character' or 'what does noir mean to you?' (50-250 words).

ashlee111

Registered
Reaction score
Website/ contest

veinglory said:
Eternally Noir will be out very soon. I am looking at starting a contest with a copy as a prize. Something like 'describe a sexy/scary character' or 'what does noir mean to you?' (50-250 words).

Veinglory, I did not know you had an erotica website. My Genre is, writing romance with deception. The sexy /scary character you talk about is one of my characters in my book that is, in love with the main character, but he is a scary character, because he obsesses over the main character, even though , she is married. This scary character is, also a dangerous man. He ends up kidnapping the main characters daughter. I just joined your website. When are you starting this contest? ashlee111

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
As of today the eternally noir anthology has yeilded no payment, not any information about sales or potential future payments.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh. That's discouraging, isn't it?

Maryn, sighing in your behalf (like you couldn't do that for yourself, eh?)