PDA

View Full Version : The problem of lube...(practical considerations)

pepperlandgirl
09-08-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm writing a gay erotic story right now. I've never written homosexual erotica before, but I think I'm doing an OK job.

Except, of course, I can't figure out where the lube is going to come from! Who packs around little bottles of astroglide? Who is prepared with tubes of KY? Condoms are a bit easier to get around in this case, but there still hasn't been anything wildly passionate because I just can't figure out how to work around the practical considerations.

What do you do? Ignore it? Make it as organic to the story as possible? I don't just mean the lube either...I mean any practical problem that brings you out of the realm of fantasy with a hard slap of reality across the face.

veingloree
09-08-2004, 02:52 AM
It is not normally a problem I have, current story excepted. If the guys are careful and not in too much of a hurry a little spit will do the job.

Writing Again
09-21-2004, 06:43 PM
The answer to this is the same as to many writing questions, and is amazingly easy.

Make friends. All kinds of friends. In every profession, in every walk of life, and in every orientation.

Be the kind of person who listens attentively and who never gossips or passes on what you are told. Be the kind of listener who never passes judgement on the speaker, no matter what they tell you. Be the kind of person people can, and will, speak openly to about any and every kind of subject.

Then simply ask.

A writer's best friends are a writer's friends.

veingloree
09-21-2004, 07:46 PM
In this case either sex can have first hand experience also (solo or...) :o

lena matthews
09-22-2004, 05:53 AM
i couldn't even imagine writing an anal sex without lube, because ouch:o

maestrowork
09-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Go to your neighborhood sex shops and you will find little "packets," possibly next to the travel-size condoms.