Received my rejection letter today

Status
Not open for further replies.

lena matthews

:( Thank you for your interest in placing your manuscript, ************** After careful consideration, we have decided that this story is not right for us.

Our audience prefers more wordly and sophisticated heroines. While ****** antics are indeed full of humor, she's too flighty to appeal to our core audience.

I do like your voice and encourage you to submit more of your work to us!

blah blah blah,

first place down, forty more to go

veingloree

Oh well. It didn't sound like a standard rejection letter so that's encouraging. I am still waiting on a bunch of subs... I am sure well will soon be sharing acceptances too :)

nolabohemian

I've got a bunch out right now, as well. Anyone know what general response time is for femme-erotique and fish net mag? They've had some stories since the third week of July and I've heard nothing. I even emailed them, asking what their turn around time was, only to receive nothing

So sad...

Nyki27

I've just sent something to fishnetmag, so now I'm worried. I couldn't find any mention of a response time.

The original letter sounds at least as though they read the story and remembered what it was about. I got a reply letter from one magazine (not an erotic market) consisting of a check-box list.

pepperlandgirl

fishnet

I've been waiting to hear back from fishnet mag for a very long time myself. Since July 13.

Sorry about the rejection letter. :( That always sucks, but at least they were encouraging about your writing. And at least the long wait is over. Now you can make any revisions you think are necessary and send the MS to other publishers. I'd rather know, either way, then be in perpetual limbo. I'm coming up on 20 weeks now.

veingloree

Re: fishnet

Is anyone considering thestorymill.com? They are a start up so it is unclear what the yield might be...

Writing Again

Lena I would consider that a very encouraging and informative rejection letter.

Among the ones I have recieved are:

Dear Sir, we do not use humor for humor's sake. If you do not have something socially relevant to say, please do not bother to say it. At least not here.

And one merely supplied me with a list of schools where I could learn how to write.

lena matthews

that sucked

that was really f***ed up. I can't believe people actually said that

Nyki27

Re: that sucked

Did you count their spelling mistakes? Those who can do, those who can't teach, those who can't do either make sarky comments.

arrowqueen

Better luck next time, Lena - at least it was positive.

As for those other rejections, can't you just see the petty-minded, smirking, little oik behind them congratulating themselves on their own 'cleverness'?

Not worth bothering about.

Selenia692

Nolabohemian,

I write for femme-erotique (some of the non fic stuff), Amethyst has been having some medical problems, she just now has started to get back up to speed on everything. You might want to go ahead and email her again since she's been pretty out of it the last few months because of everything.

Hope that helps!

nolabohemian

Thanks for letting me know. I'll drop another line and be patient.

Selenia692

Not a problem

If you want, you can pm or email me your name/story title and I'll mention it when I talk to Amethyst next (email is seleniaATshadow-moon.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.