ARE YOU WILLING TO TRY SOMETHING NEW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightwater03

Registered
Reaction score
I’m looking for suggestions and critique for an on-going, chapter by chapter, work-in-progress: a murder mystery, GATHERING TERROR.
It is an experiment, based on long involvement with advertising, promotion and PR and a conviction that computer technology can help a writer find a market. Assuming, of course, that the book is interesting and salable, I think it's possible to "build-in" a pre-publication audience through the use of on-line links, podcasting and blogging that can make the end result greater than the sum of it's parts.
The “how” and “why” of this approach is unique. It should be of interest to other writers. I’m quite willing share what I’m learning with other mystery writers on this site.
Although GATHERING TERROR is the first full-length work of fiction I've ever undertaken, I've had some experience in publishing - thirteen "specialty" books published, including four by Simon and Schuster.
  • I’m currently posting each chapter on www.gather.com where I’m also a member and I’m podcasting each chapter on www.talkshoe.com.
  • There is an easy, animated, “portal” leading to each of the various component websites (some of which I own). By clicking the link below you can read, listen to the story (plus other articles), enter an on-line limerick contest (the killer in the novel leaves clues in the form of limericks) and even purchase gifts and apparel related to the mystery and limerick contest.
Anyone here willing to look at this unusual approach, comment or make suggestions? Here’s the link:

http://www.limerickcontests.com/Limerick%20Newsletter%20One.htm
user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("1262343")
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.