Spock shoots ultra-plus-sized models (link NSFW)

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Rachel was bombing around cyberdom last night when she overturned this crazy diamond...

http://leonardnimoyphotography.com/7body.htm

Normally, I'd be inclined to make some non-PC joke, but having seen Real Women Have Curves recently, I must applaud these women for their courage, and Spock, for transmogrifying them into art, pop art though it may be
11_1_216.gif

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Wow.

A few of those pics remind me of the unfortunate results that followed the appearance of a jug of white liquor during the waning hours of my 1976 family reunion in Arkansas.

It's amazing how quickly being described as a "handsome young man" can deteriorate to "come here, boy, and let me give you some lovin'!" :(

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Fascinating. ::raises eyebrow::

Way to go Nemoy. There are cultures where that size is considered just about perfect; it's a pity our own isn't more accepting of that, IMO.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Honestly, my inital reaction was one of surprise, but on closer examination of my opinion, it's certainly no more shocking or less appealing than collar bones and shoulderbades jutting out with nothing but a little, paper-thin flesh keeping them out of the breeze.

I thought some of the compositions were really very good.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
That reminds me my divorce will be final next Tuesday.

Reaction score
Extreme underweight or overweight are both unhealthy and shouldn't be encouraged by anyone saying, "This is me, take me as I am." The fact is, it's unhealthy.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Extreme underweight or overweight are both unhealthy and shouldn't be encouraged by anyone saying, "This is me, take me as I am." The fact is, it's unhealthy.

I agree that both extremes are unhealthy, but I think it's a choice people should make based on just that: health, and not on body image and cultural standards.
Anyway, didn't mean to derail this thread...back to work...:)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Man, a guy will come up with any excuse to be around naked women.

The Grift

Tom Swiftly's Favorite Adverb
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, how about a NSFW warning?

(Before anyone jumps on me, I would be asking the same thing regardless of the size of the models. Why? Because it's highly logical.)

BTW, I agree with Scarletpeaches... The I'm-okay-you're-okay thing is an excuse to stop trying to improve oneself. Certainly I would never begrduge anyone a few extra pounds (or needing a few) but when one allows oneself to become unhealthy from lack of effort, it upsets me when they try and justify their choice and lack of willpower and work-ethic by attempting to realign an entire societal paradigm by making everyone else feel like they are bad people for not buying into their self-rationalization.

There are always exceptions. Medical conditions, genetics (to a certain point) and whatnot. But beyond that, sorry. Try a chicken breast and some rice instead of that pizza special and hop on a treadmill while you watch your four episodes of CSI.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Try a chicken breast and some rice instead of that pizza special and hop on a treadmill while you watch your four episodes of CSI.

I think there was actually an episode on CSI where some guy choked on a piece of chicken while walking on a treadmill. I'm not sure what he was watching on television when it happened, and I believe it was a chicken leg instead of a breast, but it was still a fatal combination. It turns out his wife bought him "regular" instead of "extra crispy", because she knew he would eat it faster.

And yes, I just made all that up.

The Grift

Tom Swiftly's Favorite Adverb
Registered
Reaction score
I think there was actually an episode on CSI where some guy choked on a piece of chicken while walking on a treadmill. I'm not sure what he was watching on television when it happened, and I believe it was a chicken leg instead of a breast, but it was still a fatal combination. It turns out his wife bought him "regular" instead of "extra crispy", because she knew he would eat it faster.

And yes, I just made all that up.

LOL. Okay, good catch. This is why you have to pay attention to sentence structure on a writer's board. What I meant to say, of course, is that in addition to altering one's diet, one should also exercise more. Probably not both at the same time.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm all for efficiency. Eat the chicken while squeezing the thighmaster, hurtling down the left lane at ninety mph and talking to your cardiologist on your cellphone.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
They looked happier than the po-faced models you see on the Paris catwalks. Those ones are being paid a small fortune to wear expensive clothes and they're still scowling as if somebody stole their scone. Jeezo, you'd think at least the cocaine would cheer them up.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
They looked happier than the po-faced models you see on the Paris catwalks. Those ones are being paid a small fortune to wear expensive clothes and they're still scowling as if somebody stole their scone. Jeezo, you'd think at least the cocaine would cheer them up.

They're looking FIERCE! Don't you watch America's Next Top Model? I can't even look at myself in the miror any more without striking a pose and looking FIERCE!

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
What about Janice Dickinson? Nobody could ever convince me that she didn't begin life as a man.

The Lady

Critical Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theladywolf.livejournal.com
What about Janice Dickinson? Nobody could ever convince me that she didn't begin life as a man.

She has big boobies. But that prooves nothing I guess. There is somethimg drag queenish about her. I have to say sometimes on that programme, I just couldn't agree with their assessments of who took a good picture or not.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
They're looking FIERCE! Don't you watch America's Next Top Model? I can't even look at myself in the miror any more without striking a pose and looking FIERCE!

LOL!!!

I agree with scarletpeaches, neither extreme (skinny vs fat) should be encouraged nor justified as a way of life. And I hate the body mass index because it doesn't take into account muscle mass and bone structure. What's healthy for one is not healthy for another, and I hate that we promote that sort of flawed measuring system.

However...

I do admire those women for braving the camera and I also respect Nimoy for doing that project. Those are great pictures!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, I agree with Scarletpeaches... The I'm-okay-you're-okay thing is an excuse to stop trying to improve oneself. Certainly I would never begrduge anyone a few extra pounds (or needing a few) but when one allows oneself to become unhealthy from lack of effort...

How do you know they are unhealthy? You don't. I actually know one of those models, and I know that her health is just fine. Not all fat people are unhealthy, and not all thin people are healthy. You cannot tell by looking at a picture of someone what their health is like.