PDA

View Full Version : Veingloree

lena matthews
11-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I have a question. Have you thought about or have you, written a story where the gay love story (if you do write love storys, i'm assuming alot here) is secondary characters. I don't know if you feel like that is selling out or not, but i know that Marilyn Lee as well as Rachel Bo (an author for EC,LSB, and many more) had books where their couple is a threeway all the way, and also where the secondary character is gay, and they were able to sell to sites. (ebooks)

Also a new ebook publisher LooseId (www.loose-id.com) publishes gay erotica if its a romance.

veingloree
11-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Curiously enough I just sold a novella to Loose-Id -- a straight forward gay romance/smut.

I haven't had the gay romance as a secondary plot yet. I am working on a book which is a three way with equal emphasis on gay and straight 'dyads'. The e-publishers seem very much to emphasis threeway stries that focus in the women whereas mine fiocuses on the man, but the main problem with pitching that story to them is that is has only one sex scene in 80,0000 words ;) . When the book is erotica I am not sure that it is a good idea to mix het and gay material too much as those markets are quite separate on the whole.

lena matthews
11-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Did you really. Thats GREAT!!! I have two books submitted to them so hey cross your fingers maybe we'll be published there together one day.

I agree that the markets are different, but i also know that there is an audience (or maybe just me and my freaky friends) who enjoy reading about guy on guy action when we read threeways. Any way, i'll keep an eye out for your book.

Whats 'dyads'?

Congrats.

veingloree
11-05-2004, 04:10 PM
If you come across any publishers that publish threeways with an equal gay/straight emphasis please let me know as I have another similar stories in the works. 'Dyad' is just any pairing of two people within a larger relationship ;)