Musicals and songs

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
What are your favourite musicals? ... and why are they your favourite?

Oliver for me - self explanatory - that young man sings beautifully, and the characters are tremendously spot on. This is the actual film, I am talking of here. I have never seen the broadway musical. The song 'who will buy' does it for me. It's a very long piece and beautifully written and performed. Also, some of the casual songs like 'pick a pocket or two' are fantastic :D

Rivana

Walks in the shades.
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rivanacreations.com
Honestly? I've got a weak spot for Jesus Christ Superstar. Love the stage version on DVD, the humor, the drama, the sheer gall of the play. Does it for me every time. Granted, I haven't seen many Musicals even though I love them so I've got a pretty narrow field to pick from. ^o^

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Big fan of Sondheim, and love Into the Woods and Sweeny Todd (will be interesting to see the film this winter of it!) best. Though I think my top favourite musicals would have to be Guys and Dolls and Little Shop of Horrors, just because they are so clever, and the lyrics incredibly witty.

And of course Singing in the Rain when it comes to movie musicals! Make 'em laugh indeed

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Honestly? I've got a weak spot for Jesus Christ Superstar. Love the stage version on DVD, the humor, the drama, the sheer gall of the play. Does it for me every time. Granted, I haven't seen many Musicals even though I love them so I've got a pretty narrow field to pick from. ^o^

I've never seen that, or heard of it. What is that about? It's not related to a rainbow coat is it?

Big fan of Sondheim, and love Into the Woods and Sweeny Todd (will be interesting to see the film this winter of it!) best. Though I think my top favourite musicals would have to be Guys and Dolls and Little Shop of Horrors, just because they are so clever, and the lyrics incredibly witty.

And of course Singing in the Rain when it comes to movie musicals! Make 'em laugh indeed

Definetly, one of the classicals :D

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Godspell for me. I saw it as a kid and it really freaked me out, but seeing it performed live as an adult was a great experience.