Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/

A friend recently introduced me to Television Without Pity. He's a huge film and TV buff, and I feel a bit clueless in comparison to how smart his thinking is about media and pop culture -- do you guys know this site?

I'm blown away. The forums look fairly intense, too.

Last edited:

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
The title sounds like an insult:

"Hey, you dirty TWoP! That's my mother you're talking about."

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
heh...

Television Without Pity.

The reviews and weekly recaps are friggin' hysterical. From the Lost recap:
. . . Meanwhile, Charlie, Desmond, Jin, and Hurley (Island Scout Troop 108) are out in the woods trying to save the downed pilot's life and finally earn their field medicine merit badges. The pilot was skewered by a branch during her emergency drop and is quickly dying. Luckily the flare that Hugo accidentally set off brings help. Unluckily the help arrives in the form of the recently dead. Zombies?! Here? No! Yes, Mikhail, a.k.a. Patch Adams, has risen from the grave and is responding to cries for help. He saves the pilot's life in exchange for everyone pretending he was never there. He makes it hard for them to pretend, though, when he tries to steal their satellite phone.

To make matters even worse, once the pilot wakes up, she claims that there is no way the Losties are survivors of Flight 815. Because they found that plane and there were no survivors. Aw crap, is M. Night Shyamalan guest-directing this episode and no one told me?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I was just reading that 'recaplet'. Actually, there's some nice stuff in their style that could be used to write an interesting mini-synopsis for a query.

Thanks for the link, Mac.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Yep, they have some wonderfully snarky reviews of the TV shows, and the forums are a lot of fun - although a lot depends on the show and the room moderator. Scott Bakula is known as "Captain Quantum" in my house thanks to the Enterprise forum.

If you really want a laugh, check out some of the later recaps of Charmed. They're hilarious.

It used to be MightyBigTV back in the dark ages.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love TWoP. :D Warning: the recaps will make you snort coffee out your nose.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Add me to the "loves TWoP" list! I just roll around laughing my ass off at their recaps.