Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
The first one being that I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. If it isn't, I apologize, and please feel free to move it and give me a good lecture.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from two places, an agency and a publishing house. When I sent them my manuscripts, I included, of course, an SASE. The address on it was my college mailbox, because this was sent at the very, very beginning of March, and I had hoped I would get a reply by now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not being impatient because I know how long these processes sometimes take. But with the semester fast ending, I'm going to be packing up my things and going home soon, and if they send their reply to my school when I'm not here, it'll have to then be forwarded to my home address, a hassel I would like to avoid.

I've corresponded with both of them through e-mail several times, so within the next week or so I want to get in contact with both groups and let them know that I need to send them a new envelope if their reply won't be here by the 8th of May, when I leave for home. But I don't know how to word it to them so that it doesn't sound impatient or rude or unprofessional. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they would mind a message informing them that you're moving, especially if you're spoken to them through e-mail before. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

If you don't want to do it that way, you could also give your college PO your forwarding address.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Will's advice sounds sound to me. :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Go with the truth. You're term at college will be done on such-and-such date and your new mailing address will be ------ . Just make sure to reference what you sent, title wise.

I think if you keep it honest and simple it will be readily accepted. Enclosing a new SASE as well for their convenience can't hurt either.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
You can fill out a change of address form at any post office, so the mail sent to your old address will be automatically forwarded to your new address.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In that case, you can either rent a PO box for these two replies (yeah, right) or have them sent to the address of a trusted friend (or former teacher who encouraged your writing, maybe?) who will tell you the day they arrive.

Maryn, who knows a friend who'd do this for her

Status
Not open for further replies.