What's your memory of the worst television series?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
For me it was the A-Team. My goodness this show was so lame to begin with that any veteran would poke holes in the premise and story line. I always remarked how poorly they were trained in the Army because they never could seem to hit anyone even though they had modified M1-carbines.

Whenever the networks decide to re-run the original series then I know it's time to buy more videos.

What's your memory of the worst television series?

newmod

Registered
Reaction score
Seinfeld, absolutely hated it and all the characters in it. Bloody useless programme.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
New, you should watch it again. The whole point is they are a bunch of losers judging others. They are so great, but can't keep a job or a relationship because they are all so shallow. The main characters are the butt of every joke.

Give it another look, the show was brilliant.

newmod

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Joe, I know what the premise was for the show, I just don´t think it´s funny in the least. The worst bit by far was always his stand up, awful.

Just not my type of humour at all.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Seinfeld, absolutely hated it and all the characters in it. Bloody useless programme.

I, too, hated Seinfeld, so much so that I can't bear to watch anything else the actors are in.

Worst show ever? Pretty much any sitcom, and Coronation Street. And Airwolf. And anything "reality TV."

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
And Airwolf. And anything "reality TV."

I have to admit to loving Airwolf as a child. I look back now and shudder, yes, but then to me it was one of the coolest shows on TV. *hangs head in shame...

I'm with Robeiae, it's the reality crap that gets me - Big Brother and all that nonsense.

I watch TV to escape reality (except for Deadliest Catch, I am addicted to that show and really cannot tell you why...) not to experience it all over again. I think the worst is yet to come with the whole Bingo thing starting sometime this summer, I believe. Yes, you heard me right, a reality TV show based on BINGO.

The universe is officially coming to an end...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Any reality TV. I'll ban it when I rule the world.

Hi-de-Hi is one my worst memories of childhood. And although I don't remember many of them from the first time as I was born in 1977, I have to say a lot of the Godawful 70s sitcoms that are endlessly repeated now. Is it me or are they painfully racist and simply not funny?

abemorgantis

Zizban
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates Seinfeld. Sometimes in group of people, I'm the only one.

Anyone see Life On A Stick two years ago? I watched it because it was like watching a slow motion train wreck; I couldn't pull my eyes away.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
For me it was the A-Team. My goodness this show was so lame to begin with that any veteran would poke holes in the premise and story line. I always remarked how poorly they were trained in the Army because they never could seem to hit anyone even though they had modified M1-carbines.

But that was the whole point, Spooky. Sensationalized violence without anyone getting hurt. The characters were not vigilantes, they didn't want to kill or mame people. Just to do the right thing, and (hopefully) get paid for their efforts. It was escapist television, and one of my favorite childhood shows.

It's why I fear the upcoming feature film. I don't want those characters to turn into bad-ass killers who leave a swath of carnage in their wake.

Small Wonder. Remember, that awful little girl robot? *shudder*

OMG, yes! Ack...get the theme song out of my head!!!!

Besides adding my vote to ban "reality" TV shows from the face of telelvision, I can't think of any horrible shows. Why? If I hated it, I didn't watch it.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not alone; I really don't like the reality tv thing for the most part. I've never watched American Idol, Survivor, The Bachelor, Big Brother, etc. Also didn't watch Seinfeld, because it just irritated me. However, what most people consider bad TV I embrace for its cheesiness: anyone remember Pink Lady and Jeff from the 70s? Adored that when it was on, of course I was all of 9 or 10 at the time. That's probably why I loved the Naked Trucker and T-Bone show during its brief life on Comedy Central--it had that 70s variety feel to it.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone remember BJ and the Bear? That was pretty darn awful.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone remember BJ and the Bear? That was pretty darn awful.
* groan * Now that you mention it, yes I do. I agree the show was pretty lame. Air Wolf was another dingy movie. Jan M. Vincent sure did go down hill from there...* sigh *

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Hullabaloo. (the birth of bubblegum rock. May God have mercy on NBC's corporate soul). Petticoat Junction (I would have liked to climb into the water tank with the gals, though). Good Times (dy-no-NOT!). Family Affair (the series which begged the question, how is it possible for a show have a saccharine content greater than 100%?). Night Gallery (poor Rod Serling. I have to believe he did this to ransom his nephew from a Turkish prison. Or something). And others. So many others...

Last edited: