Spiderman 3

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have just found out that one of the few times Taiwan is better that the West is Spiderman 3 is released here on May 1st. 3 -4 days before state side. So if you guys want I will go and see it and blab all about it here.

Don't you just LOVE people who tell you the whole story before you see the movie!!!!! ;-p

Spidy is my all time hero. I saw 1 & 2 but i thought to myself that I would not go see No. 3 but then when I saw the trailers I quickly changed my mind.

I have high hopes for this one.

Kev

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite excited about it too. I just hope they handle the rather large cast much better than in Batman & Robin, the one with George Clooney as Batman. It had way too many primary characters: Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy ... far too many to keep track of.

Spidey 3 has a bunch too: Spidey, MJ, Harry Osborn, Sandman, Venom ... but Spidey has Sam Raimi in the director's chair, where he's been since the beginning. Batman 4 fell victim to a really poor script and Joel Schumacher's cartoonish direction.

So I'm hopeful. :)

Writer14

Christina.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Omg! I hope to see it the day it comes out (may 4th where i'm at. Florida,USA,lol)

I'm sure Raimi will do a fine job with the cast, as always!

VeggieChick

Registered
Reaction score
It comes out in Russia on May 3. We're also half a day ahead, so... Can't wait :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I hope it will be a good film, I really do, but I think it may end up being like X-men 3 with too many characters vying for the top spot.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, according to the Internet Movie Database, the runtime is two hours and twenty minutes, so that gives them a good length in which to tell the story.

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
Hey KC, It's being released here (Japan) early too. They are making a huge dealio of it. All the actors came and did all those interviews. I'm sure they were in Taiwan as well. They looked awfully tired.

I just got invited by my friend's husband to go see the movie the day it comes out (she has to work), which is tomorrow, OMG! But it's Golden Week here which means EVERYONE will be there. Still debating.

Michael

Little Doggie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tol.myfastforum.org
I'm quite excited about it too. I just hope they handle the rather large cast much better than in Batman & Robin, the one with George Clooney as Batman. It had way too many primary characters: Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy ... far too many to keep track of.

Spidey 3 has a bunch too: Spidey, MJ, Harry Osborn, Sandman, Venom ... but Spidey has Sam Raimi in the director's chair, where he's been since the beginning. Batman 4 fell victim to a really poor script and Joel Schumacher's cartoonish direction.

So I'm hopeful. :)

You're not kidding about Batman and Robin. I was so disappointed with that movie.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have just got back for the the screening. I won't tell you as I don't like being told what will happen in a movie. Here are just a few comments.

I thought it was excellent in the story and how they worked with all the characters. It all fitted together rather well. There was a bit in the middle that seemed to plod on then the tempo picked up.

There was a interesting twist at the end which i did think off but looking back I should have picked up on that!! Maybe you guys will think of that!!!!!

Any a very good movie.
ENJOY.

Kev

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Just hope its' better than the last two---I grew up (as i'm sure a lot of others did) reading the Spiderman comics and such-- I'm glad they're introducing Venom this time around--I knew by the black spiderman suit Venom would make his grand entrance :)

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
The trailer revealed the whole story anyway.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey CC

Does that mean you are excited by the moive? Have you revied it yet?
K
No, I haven't seen it yet. It's not released here until Friday and in my little town I don't get to attend a press screening since I'm the only local reviewer. So I get to go when it comes to the theatre. VERY much looking forward to it. :)

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to see it tomorrow (Friday)...looking forward to it the more and more I see commercials and such... I am sooo glad they're introducing Venom in this one :)

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
i heard it was terrible. one friend who works at a movie theater: 'go watch the notebook instead; just as much crying in half the time.'

just my two cents. i haven't seen it yet.
peace.
d and f.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Spidey 3 is CRUSHING box office records overseas (in 10 of the 14 markets it opened in, it set the opening day record... in other markets it outpaced Spidey 1 + 2 COMBINED).

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
There's no doubt it's going to do well -- maybe even the biggest box office champ of the year. But is it any good. I hate to go into it with great expectations only to be disappointed.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I am expecting it to be middle of the road. On the one hand, Spidey-2 so completely blew away my expectations for it, and Venom was my wife's favorite character, so I've got heightened demands on the material already. And yet it's a 3rd pic, AND a multi-villain movie (something no hero movie has ever done well) so it's going against some severe challenges.

If it's average, it did a good job.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spidey 3 is going to do phenomenal business in the opening weekend no matter how good or bad it is. The true test will be if it can hold the number one spot the following week against such mega-competition as Delta Farce. ;)

Seriously, though ... Shrek the Third is being released 2 weeks after Spidey, and Pirates of the Caribbean 3 a week after that. Spidey's gonna have to be incredible to hold top spot against those movies.

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just saw it. I won't say anything about the plot. It was good, but I think I'm disappointed.

Last edited:

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
We're going tomorrow night. I can't wait to see it. We're going to go to a little drive-in and take our four year old. She loves the Spidey movies, but I'd rather take her somewhere she doesn't have to sit still and be really quiet.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I'm not going tonight (I don't like crowded cinemas). I'll go tomorrow.
My main concern is the multi-villain-ness of it.

I can see the argument, if it was spidey versus a villain it could be seen as the same formula as spidey 2.

*WARNING: Little baby spoiler that doesn't really qualify as a spoiler but better safe than sorry*

But, from a review I heard, they don't explore the bad guy's backstory as much as if it was just one bad guy. Which is a shame.