Ladies writing gay stuff

Hapsburg

I noticed on this board there are a lot of female writers that write gay erotica. Being a man with a proclivity for other men I can't help but have my curiosity sparked by this. I understand nothing of lesbianism so can't help but wonder what you ladies are writing about us boys;) If anyone has samples somewhere let me know...

Just a tip though...The mysterious older rich guy is lame, why do people keep writing about that dude and his seduction adventures? And please ease up on the older guy hitting on younger guys, it's gross and too close to reality. We call those old guys trolls. We need more lockerooms, more boy next doors, more straight guys and more jocks, yeah baby:hat Oh oh and maybe something about a young fit preppie guy joining the firm I work for and I get chosen to mentor him;) I'd read that!

veingloree

I don't think I've ever written about a rich older guy ;) -- although even in MF erotica I sure read about him a lot!

Female authored gay fiction has a really long history and lots of people have offered explanations for it (none of them terribly convincing). Different aspects of it can be seen in literature (Mary Renault, Laura Argiri, 11th century poet Marie de France), japanese manga (shonen ai and yaoi), fan fiction ('slash') and fantasy fiction (Mercedes Lackey, Tanja huff etc).

I look upon it as a harmless fetish that has produce some good writing in both romance and erotica fields. For my own take on it see: www.forbiddenfruitzine.com/friction.htm

This is in 'Forbidden fruit' which is a good showcase for writing of this sort. Otherwise searching for 'original slash' will bring up a lot of examples.

maestrowork

Not to stir the pot (no puns intended), are there any markets for lesbian erotica written by men?

AprilBoo

This if off topic but, Haps, that avatar kills me! Those vicious, mischievious cats. :rollin

arrowqueen

I think it's because straight women like men's bodies too, so it's not a very great step to writing gay bloke erotica, since we're both drawn to the same thing.

Yes/no?

veingloree

There certainly is lesbian erotica by men, both visual and written. I am compiling an anthology at the moment with a good example.

Nyki27

Traditionally, a lot of men have always been fascinated by what two women do together (though often in ways that have little to do with actual lesbianism) so maybe some women feel the same about two men.

Maryn

I'm with arrowqueen

For me, it's just that I adore men's bodies, so extending my work to include M/m was a no-brainer. (This suited my intellect exctly!)

Sorry, I don't have any samples online, unless CF Publishing has picked me for a featured excerpt. (They never tell me, and I don't check--what's the point?)

About the age gap: I've used older guy/younger guy a little, but I'm seriously into real people rather than handsome fantasy guys, masterful in their velvet jackets, keeping naive and helpless loverboys in remote rooms of the castle or manse. I've had a thirty-something professor and twenty-something grad student, but really big age gaps kind of creep me out. Even when everybody consents it feels either like gold-digging or predatory, if not both.

Don't get me started on the age gaps in A Perfect Murder, Bulworth, or Entrapment. E-e-ew, it's like your grandpa!

Maryn