PDA

View Full Version : Venus Press

Jyndral
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I got this in my e-mail this morning. I don't know how legit it is/isn't, but I thought I'd pass it along in case it's a good-to-go thing.

-----------------------

Now taking Submissions for Venus Press
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:23:19 -0500

Hi, everyone!

Permission to forward . . .
What we are looking for:

Venus Press specializes in erotic fiction, be it erotic romance or pure erotica. We publish all sub-genres, including fantasy, science fiction, suspense, historical, etc. The story must be engaging, with a solid plot and fully realized characters.

At this time, we are interested in quick eroticas (5000 to 9,999 words), short stories (around 10,000-18,000 words), novellas (around 19,000-30,000 words), category length novels (around 31,000-45,000 words), and novel length works (46,000 to 80,00 words).

These are the genres we are looking for: Historical, Contemporary, BDSM & D/s, Greek & Roman Mythology, Gay & Lesbian/Alternative Lifestyles, Suspense & Mystery, Vampires, Shapeshifters, Time Travel, Fantasy, Magic & Ghost. We are also open for interracial stories as well, but they will be placed within the above genres.

Venus Press will open its doors on January 5, 2005! You can visit their website at www.venuspress.com/! (http://www.venuspress.com/!)

Rachel Carrington

Kate St Amour
12-11-2004, 02:50 AM
Hmm. For starters: publishers don't usually contact you, the link doesn't work and the site is a redirect from a tripod site. I don't feel inspired to have confidence in them, yet. Do you know of anyone who has submitted to them? What else do you know about them? You may also want to post to the Beware's Board, someone there may know something.
Please keep us updated!

lena matthews
12-11-2004, 03:20 AM
Venus Press is a real ebook publisher. They open in January. Adrienne Kama a writer with exctasy has a book coming out, over there (thats how i found out about them)

Here's the correct link ladyisabeau0.tripod.com/venuspress/ (http://ladyisabeau0.tripod.com/venuspress/)

Kate St Amour
12-11-2004, 03:32 AM
Aha! Thank you Lena. As soon as I read their guidelines I remembered someone posting a thread about them a month or so ago.

veingloree
12-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I think they look quite good for a new outfit and they take novella length. I just can't find the time to buff up a few things to submit...