PDA

View Full Version : Do not emulate...

aka eraser
12-15-2004, 01:10 AM
How not to write erotica... :D

story.news.yahoo.com/news...rature_sex (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&e=1&u=/nm/oukoe_odd_literature_sex)

Kate St Amour
12-15-2004, 02:52 AM
Thank you! I laughed so hard I cried.

~Kate

maestrowork
12-15-2004, 06:00 AM
You're all just jealous! Mr. Wolfe is selling million copies of his masterpiece and we're not.

Bra Hump-bug!

lena matthews
12-15-2004, 12:45 PM
i rather liked the oiled berry. lol. I think the reason Wolfe got rimmed was because of his use of the word otorhinolaryngological.......which is what by the way?

Kate St Amour
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
"otorhinolaryngological"
I do believe he is referring to several orifices. "Oto"= "ear", "Rhino"= "nose", "laryn"= "throat"... you get the point. Ah, I'll have to call my mom and let her know that my nursing knowledge isn't wasting away under a pile of smut. ;)
What I would like to know is, why on earth did Wolfe think that was sexy? I will say that it is good to know that even "major" authors aren't "perfect" at everything they toss their hat at. I think I'll go buy one of his books (not the one in question) just to support his humanity...

maestrowork
12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
His non-fiction books are excellent. Personally, I'm not crazy about his fiction.

arrowqueen
12-16-2004, 05:08 AM
After the first 'slither' I'd be up and running, leaving snakeboy to his own devices!

Kate St Amour
12-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Wait a minute arrowqueen, perhaps if he were writing about a snakeboy--hmm... Perhaps, we should add "making snakeboy work" to our discussion on taboos?

LOL.

~Kate