Let The Games Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/26/crowley.dem.debate/

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina (CNN) -- Ready or not, here it comes -- the first debate of the 2008 presidential race. Eight Democrats will battle for airtime in a 90-minute debate Thursday night. Here is a viewer's guide:....

......read the rest of the article for that.

Good luck, dems.

May the best next Presidential election loser win.
:)

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Trump is producing this year, so expect a swimsuit competition and some racy spring break photos to surface on some of the contestants.

WarrenP

Registered
Reaction score
Debate? Right, more like exchanging talking points for a few hours, then go home.

I wonder if Hillary will use her southern accent at this one?

Reaction score
I wonder if Hillary will use her southern accent at this one?

:ROFL:

That was the classic of all classics.

Anyway....

Good luck, Barack.

May you continue to close the gap.

Good luck to you as well, John Edwards. I'll take a tool over Hillary any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Last edited:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Predicted quote:

"Who wants to eat chimmichangas next year? Not me. See with me, it would be Summer all year long. Vote for Summer!"

... Sorry I was thinking of Hailey, not Hillary. Wrong Duff....

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
You know Billy, the GOP isn't exactly putting up anybody good this year either. I am so blah on who our next president will be. They all, on both sides of the aisle, do nothing for me.

Reaction score
You know Billy, the GOP isn't exactly putting up anybody good this year either. I am so blah on who our next president will be. They all, on both sides of the aisle, do nothing for me.

200px-1101011231_400.jpg

But you can even forget about 9/11. Before that even happened he was the greatest mayor in NYC history.

His record stands for itself.

9/11 handling and leadership qualities are the icing on the cake.

I truly love Rudy. He's a Thrilly Republican. Iron fisted. Hawk. Fiscal Conservative. Somewhat Socially Liberal. Yankee fan.

It.doesn't.get.any.better.for.me.as.far.as.the.perfect.candidate

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
But does being a mayor qualify you for the big seat? I think not. I'd much rather see Rudy run for Gov, but not President.

I think that you like him most because he is a Yankee fan. I bet you believe he'll name the Yankees America's team, or something. But the Yankees are at the bottom, where they will stay unless they trade a big bat for a big time pitcher. At the rate the Yanks are playing, KC will finish with a better record.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
I truly love Rudy. He's a Thrilly Republican. Iron fisted. Hawk. Fiscal Conservative. Somewhat Socially Liberal. Yankee fan.

It.doesn't.get.any.better.for.me.as.far.as.the.perfect.candidate

Do you think he's going to be "The Candidate"? He seems to go against the religious conservatism of the fundamentalist base of the Republican Party.

I have no opinion of the guy as a president, I think he did a good job at 9/11, he stepped up to the plate, but I don't see him having the clout with the religious right.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Nor will he do well with African-Americans (unless they are now up for national random police pat downs in addition to just New York).

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I like Rudy, too, but I think he's unelectable.

The religious right will kill his chances because of his divorces and his abortion stance.

Too bad, he's the middle ground we need so much. Of all of the candidates, I feel he would do the best in office.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
If you thought Bush was train wreck on the diplomacy front, wait till you see what "Up yours!" gets America on the international stage.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Rudy's the same as Bush. Petty, vindictive authoritarian bully who thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a terrorist. The right will nominate him, because the modern Republican Party's only current ideology is power for power's sake. He's the perfect successor to Bush. More pseudo-tough bullcrap.

Parkinsonsd

Registered
Reaction score
Right now, I don't think there are any candidates that the religious right will really get behind, which I think will be interesting because they are the ones who insist on their candidate having an air of Moral Superiority.

I think the Republican candidate will be forced to play catch up with his base for the next election, forget about even trying to convince any independants.

Reaction score
Rudy's the same as Bush. Petty, vindictive authoritarian bully who thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a terrorist.

Vindictive and authoritarian, yes. The other stuff no.

And it worked like a charm in NYC. To run a zoo like NYC and Los Angeles, one must rule with an iron fist.

And yes, he's the perfect successor. His way or the highway. His way has more often than not been right.

Anyone who lived in NYC pre-Rudy and post-Rudy and can't give him a positive overall approval rating for his tenure is such an ideologue of mammoth proportions that there is just no hope.

It's the height of absurdity.

"I long for the days of Koch and David Dinkins, high crime, unrideable subways, muggings, seedy Times Square hellholes, budget deficits and people calling the city 'ungovernable."
Ideologue Loon

Reaction score
I think that you like him most because he is a Yankee fan.

Nope.

I truly idolize Rudy. He's the perfect Thrilly Model politician.

And I lived through the beautiful results of his mayorship.

I loved his methodology.

Others whine "Oh...he doesn't listen."

Yeah...you're an idiot. What you're saying is stupid.

And he's the mayor. He's the decider.

There's nothing I don't like about him.

Loved him since he was battling the mafia.

Love him now.

And his record speaks for itself.

I can't wait to see him in the debates.

Reaction score
Do you think he's going to be "The Candidate"? He seems to go against the religious conservatism of the fundamentalist base of the Republican Party.

I have no opinion of the guy as a president, I think he did a good job at 9/11, he stepped up to the plate, but I don't see him having the clout with the religious right.

The religious right does not run the Republican party the way the loony left seems to be controlling the Democratic party. They're like 15% of the party.

Giuliani is so far out in the lead that barring a child molestation scandal or something of mammoth proportions the nomination is wrapped up.

I've been listening for two years about how Rudy can't get the nomination.

Well, his polls get stronger and stronger and he is essentially unchallenged.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
The religious right does not run the Republican party the way the loony left seems to be controlling the Democratic party. They're like 15% of the party.
Both sides have their vocal minority, which happen to be some of the more frequent contributors as well. This plays out in the primaries, and the fringe groups get their voices amplified.

Giuliani is so far out in the lead that barring a child molestation scandal or something of mammoth proportions the nomination is wrapped up.

I've been listening for two years about how Rudy can't get the nomination.

Well, his polls get stronger and stronger and he is essentially unchallenged.
I don't see how being a mayor of the country's largest city isn't enough executive experience. I don't have same year comparable figures, but there are more people in NYC than in 40(+/-) other states.

Plus he's tough on illegal immigrants...from NJ.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
The religious right does not run the Republican party

The guy in charge thinks G-d appointed him to that position. So there's that. Terri Schaivo is another nice example. The religious right has a ton of sway in the modern Republican party. But social views aren't necessarily a barrier if you can play it off with an air of superiority and pseudo-toughness. Which is why Newt Gingrich (a reasonably intelligent person, as it turns out) continues to find gainful employment. So it's not neccesarily that the GOP has adopted every position of the religious right (although they're close), but more that they've grafted the religious right's air of superiority, paranoia, and persecution complex onto most of their viewpoints, and merged it with the crony capitalist attitude that only those judged (in their own minds) to be right for power should hold positions of power. They're government insiders and yet persecuted outsiders all at once; self-righteous and paranoid, imbued with their version of altruism and petty and vindictiveness all together.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
As a right leaning person, I'd love to see the GOP put forth an upstanding candidate that doesn't need to (or feel that they need to) pander to the religious right. The issues that they push to the fore are typically nonsense when it comes to governing our nation.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
As a right leaning person, I'd love to see the GOP put forth an upstanding candidate that doesn't need to (or feel that they need to) pander to the religious right. The issues that they push to the fore are typically nonsense when it comes to governing our nation.

But those teletubbies really are gay, I tell ya.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Politics isn't really my thaaang, but I definitely think the field is wide open for a dark horse candidate this year, at least from the GOP. I could see someone like Newt peaking at the right time and taking the nomination. Too bad Perot went back to his old job as the Hamburgler.

Status
Not open for further replies.