My Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am still working on my platform. I am pleased to announce that it is now an inch high. It's not much but it's a start. I just opened a myspace account. It's pretty fun! Mine is based on the book I've written about my father and anything and everything related to that. I am editing the book now but it is going very sloooooooooooooooow! I find myself questioning pretty much everything I've written. I actually think I'm over-editing if that's possible. I don't know how to balance it really. Maybe that'll come with time, or maybe I'll just end up rewriting the entire book. Ah...this is a perennial problem for me...perfectionism. It's not a good thing, in my case.

Anyway- just sharing...yet again!

Lavinia

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else looked at your ms yet? It may be that, to get some perspective, you need someone else to tell you what parts are good and what parts need work. If you suspect you're over editing, then maybe someone could take a look at a section before and after your edit and give you comments.

Lavinia

Registered
Reaction score
Great point- Actually I do have a critique group. They rarely have any problem with it other than a few grammar things. They are the ones that have made me realize that I am *crazy-critical* of my own work. I guess I should listen to them. We meet every two weeks and I'll be out of town next time so I have to wait a month. I've set a goal based on that and will take a chapter to the next group. Soooooo...live and learn...to trust myself!

Thanks for the response! Lavinia

johnrobison

A Free Range Aspergian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnrobison.com
You have to believe in yourself, and the importance of the story.

And your story, in this case, IS the platform. Your qualification is simply that you exist, and you carry your father's letters to show the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.