Woooohoooooo! Cover!

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Cardiff. Berlin. Mars. (One day.) Buenos Aires, so
Website
www.herrad.net
We have a cover! :snoopy: It's not quite final yet, but it's not far off, & I like it :D

saintscover1x-1.jpg

AND Welsh poet Menna Elfyn has come up with a really, really good quote / endorsement type thingy for the blurb.

:snoopy:

Edit: and despite what it looks like, it's not a religious book. Does it look religious? *suddenly assailed by doubts*

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful! And I don't think it really looks religious. In fact, it reminds me of the cover of my copy of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which, of course, isn't religious at all.

Congratulations, you must be sooo excited!

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.herrad.net
Congratulations! What religion is it about?

Thank you.

It's not. :)
It's a collection of short stories retelling & subverting legends about Celtic women saints. But not religious. More playing with the themes of myth and legend, lie and invention, and yes, stuff that is the stuff of saints' legends: violence and pain, the struggle for freedom and spirituality. It also involves, to quote from the blurb: refugees, circus acts, birds, rape, love, death and miracles.

KCH

Registered
Reaction score
It also involves, to quote from the blurb: refugees, circus acts, birds, rape, love, death and miracles.

So it's pretty much an autobiography? ;)

Wonderful cover, Penguin! Savor all these delicious moments. You earned them. Congrats! Your book sounds made to order for talk shows and interviews. I know I'd stay tuned over the break if I heard a teaser like the ones you dropped here!

--KCH, perplexed at the glaring omission of octopi and circus acts from her copy of "Lives of the Saints."

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.herrad.net
Originally Posted by Penguin Queen
It also involves, to quote from the blurb: refugees, circus acts, birds, rape, love, death and miracles.

So it's pretty much an autobiography? ;)

Pretty much -- apart from the circus thing. And never strictly speaking been a refugee, although at times felt like one. I'm sure though I must have been a bird in some past life. ;)

Have been doing the proofs all weekend. Wow. Slowly begin to feel that is really going to happen. Me? A book? :e2faint: