Poetry

veingloree

Does anyone here write erotic poetry. I wrote one that was accepted by Scared Naked but never got into print due to their current troubles.

Does anyone know of any useful erotic poetry markets or resources?

I know of a forum for workshopping them here: www.everypoet.org/pffa/fo...forumid=16

Nyki27

I once had a poem published in a magazine called Desire - I think I got a tenner for it, but I'm not sure. If it's still going, its website was

www.desire.co.uk

I think a lot of mainstream poetry mags would take erotica, though.

Hapsburg

I was in Scared Naked for a couple issues and sorry to see them go.

Justus Roux publishes erotica poetry online, and occassionally offers print anthologies. Her anthologies are really high quality and pay pretty well with good distribution. Abby's realm (MASC Productions) pays for erotica poetry for their members only section of their website. Blue Food doesn't pay but has a really good website with a lot of traffic, plus the editor is cool.

There is also EOTU, Suspect Thoughts, SMUT Mag, and Clean Sheets. Prometheus is a print with high circulation but only responds to accepted works, which I think sucks so I'm blackballing them.

Oh and Cthulhu Sex Mag in New York has really good circulation if your erotica has a dark bend to it.

And if you don't already know this site, it's a must www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/G/G-Main.htm

veingloree

Thanks for those leads, very helpful. I only have one really good erotic poem at the moment but I'd really like to find a home for it.

nolabohemian

I'm getting an erotic poem published in Cthulu Sex, but it's sort of a niche magazine, for Lovecraft-inspired erotica.

Hapsburg

When? I'm in the next issue, maybe we'll be between the pages together;) (sounds dirty doesn't it?)

nolabohemian

The one that comes out May 1st, I think... just in time for Beltane!