PDA

View Full Version : Request For Full! First Time Ever

joyce
04-26-2007, 05:02 AM
I was about to scream so I had to share this.....an agent I just e-mailed a query today (my new revised one thanks to you guys!) e-mailed me back tonight requesting a full. Oh my gosh.....this is the first time this has ever happened. I've been getting the ole rejection after rejection, then I revised everything and this happened. I know it still could mean a rejection, but just to think after reading the first 50 pages they still want the rest of it....makes me want to jump for joy! At least that means there's hope.

Will Lavender
04-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Awesome, joyce!

This is just the tip of the iceberg... :)

Susan Breen
04-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Congratulations! That's a really big step.

Nicole_Gestalt
04-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Congratulations!

:e2cheer:

I hope all goes well.

Pat~
04-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Joyce, that's terrific! congratulations! (Isn't it fun to have some people to scream to?!) :)

Rolling Thunder
04-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Great news, Joyce. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

oarsman
04-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Congratulations, Joyce! Go ahead and scream, jump, flip, and bounce! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/bouncy.gif

janetbellinger
04-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Here's hoping for you. I have yet to receive a request for a full.

Saundra Julian
04-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Wow, Joyce, that's wonderful. Congratulations!

CaroGirl
04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Fantastic, Joyce! Well done. I hope it turns into an offer. All the best!!

san_remo_ave
04-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Whoot! Congrats and good luck!!

joyce
04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks everyone. This place is so great. I don't believe any of this would have happened if it had not been for all the help I've gotten here. If anything, I've learned to just keep plugging away and trying. In the long run it may still lead to a rejection, but for a brief second I had a glimmer of hope.

RLB
04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
That's awesome Joyce! I just got my first non-rejection repsonse (only a partial though) and I know all about the glimmer of hope! It is encouraging to know that someone, somewhere, may want to read beyond just your query letter.

Best of luck to you!

Susan B
04-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Congratulations! A big step--let us know what happens!

Susan

kristie911
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling?! :D

Penguin Queen
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Way to go!! Well done you. :Jump:

You know, yes, it may be a rejection.... or it may not. ;)

...I've learned to just keep plugging away and trying. ...

And that, plus a few cups of talent, is the secret of a successful writer. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Pisarz
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
What a wonderful rite of passage! Congrats.

Claudia Gray
04-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Woohoo! Great news! We'll have our fingers crossed. :D

The Scip
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
congrats! Way to go!

Judg
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
It's more than a glimmer of hope. You have succeeded in keeping an agent - an AGENT, who reads constantly for a living - interested enough over the span of fifty pages to want to read more. That is impressive. And that means that even if you get a rejection, your ability as a writer has still been validated in a very important way. That kind of hope should keep you going for a long time.

Susie
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Sure hope she or he is smart enough to take it! Keepin' fingers crossed for ya.

Dollywagon
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Na, it must have been my suggestion to change the main characters names to Derek and Gladys that did it - I am right Joyce, aren't I?:roll:

One minute she's over in SYW pleading ignorance, the next ... well!

Requesting a full after 50 pages is a tremendous achievement and I really, really, hope this comes off for you!

Pamster
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Congratulations Joyce! Way to go! :D Keep holding that hope alive, you will get your work sold soon from the sound of it. Just keep on keeping on. :D

Sury
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I share your excitement, Joyce! That's wonderful news, especially the AW camaraderie part.

GOOD LUCK!

Sury

joyce
04-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I can't believe my crappy query I've revised 1000 times and still need to revise caught someones eye. They probably felt sorry for me. Heck, I can't believe I was arrogant enough to send the stupid thing out. Desperate people do desperate things. I still have not heard anything back, but so what, it held someone's interst for a few minutes.

P.S. Dolly you are so funny! If you lived in my area I swear I would take you out for a drink, get you drunk and convince you to re-write my query letter. LOL

KCH
04-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Can't say it any better than judg did, so here it is again:

It's more than a glimmer of hope. You have succeeded in keeping an agent - an AGENT, who reads constantly for a living - interested enough over the span of fifty pages to want to read more. That is impressive. And that means that even if you get a rejection, your ability as a writer has still been validated in a very important way.

Yep. Yep. Yep.

Congrats!

Dollywagon
04-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Thing is, Joyce, whatever happens now, you have to accept that you have done something very, very right!

Even if it does come back as a rejection, which it may well NOT do, you know that you have a very good premise, that your writing is strong enough to hold somebody for 50 pages, and also you will get feedback as to how to put it right. The only way you can now go with this is forward - whichever way you look at it!

Nice thought about the drink and query letters, but let's hope you never have to write one of the damn things ever again;)

Anya Smith
04-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Congratulations! I hope it turns into a sale. :)

joyce
04-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Thanks again everyone. I wish I did not have to write another query letter again. Hell, I'm still not happy with the crazy one that got my full requested. I've been looking at it, knowing I should revise it again so I can send more querys to other agents. I still have not heard back and hate putting all my eggs in one basket.

KCH
04-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I still have not heard back and hate putting all my eggs in one basket.
:roll:
You only mailed it on Wednesday! Four days (two of which are weekend) and you're fretting already? Oh, dear. May I suggest margaritas?

You've barely had a chance to savor the high over being asked for the full. I command you to enjoy the achievement.

joyce
04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Margaritas sound very good! I'd like a whole pitcher. I e-mailed the thing to her. I'm not really fretting at all, just anticipating. I know it could very well take a while to hear back and that's ok. I'm still excited over the fact someone wanted to ready it at all. I'll probably still torture everyone over in the SYW section with a revised query as I'm still not quite happy with the one I submitted. I suppose everyone feels that way though.

Aprylwriter
04-29-2007, 09:45 PM
That's awesome, Joyce! We'll be rooting for you. :) A literary agency still has my first fifty pages, I hope I can get as far as you have. Good luck!

Apryl

Eskimo1990
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Congrats! Great job, hope everything works out well!