Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time to rank the amateurs...um...singers. Again, this is only THIS WEEK'S performance.

1. Jordin: knocked it out of the park. I love that song and loved her rendition

2. Melinda: Song was just okay. She was fab.

3. LaKishia: Disagreed with Simon. I liked her.

4. Chris R: Can't believe I'm putting him here, but I liked it better than...

5. Blake: Loooove Blake still, but I was bored. I also hate the song.

6. Phil: Snooze. Lost all moment that he had from last week.

Who should go: Phil. Who will go: Phil

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
I think LaKishia might pack it in this week. And I'm not yet ready to admit I was wrong about Sanjaya being indestructible--I believe there is some secret code that teenyboppers will dial to bring him back to life tonight...somehow.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I also think LaKisha is in tough competition with the two other fabulous females, and she will be packing up.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
It's time for LaKisha to go..she wears pretty much the same thing every week and sings the same types of songs...

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Does anyone else find American Idol rather dull this season? I'm a closeted Idol watcher usually, but this season, I haven't watched much since Hollywood week. Aside from the beat box boy, everyone seems really dull (and I'll admit Miss Doolittle has a great voice . . .but we've seen it before). What's happened to the Bo Bices and Carrie Underwoods?

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
It is a bit dull this season...I find myself fast forwarding through a lot of it when I have it on DVR. There's just no one I really find myself pulling for...I like Blake and I like Melinda but when/if one of them goes, I won't be completely devesated like I was last season when Chris went.

I think it might be LaKisha this week...she's just not improving, she sounds exactly like she did at the beginning of the season and she just can't seem to pick songs that make her voice sound good. She seems to pick them for the wrong reasons i.e. sentimental reasons.

Last edited:

Rainy Night

INFJ
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rainynightproductions.com
I think it's LaKisha this week. I'm really glad that she made it this far and I hope that it's opened some doors for her, but this is a competition and she's not been that strong the past few weeks.

Jordin was incredible last night, and I think Melinda has the best voice, but Blake's going to win the competition.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Lakisha keeps picking songs from past Idol contestants. Not the best way to sound original, nor to put a fresh spin on something. Plus, most who would like Lakisha would probably also like Melinda, and there's no contest who is consistently better.

That said, I'm going 60/40 with Phil/Lakisha to go home.

Blake has to come up big next week or all the teeny boppers who vote for Chris will swamp him.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My top six as I watched them.

1. Melinda: Gorgeous performance, even though I don't know the song so I couldn't compare to the original (which the judges were doing and saying it was still stellar).

2. Jordin: Aww, she's crying. This was another great performance from Jordin. I think that crying strained her voice in a spot or two, but just wonderful.

3. Blake: While I agree with the judges here, I'm kinda getting the feeling that Simon isn't being as mean as usual... perhaps because he thinks it will reflect negatively on Idols Give Back somehow? Hmm. I have the John Lennon "Imagine," on my iPod, along with another version I like more, so I know that I could enjoy that song sung by someone else. I also have a CD with a version that I hate, so I know that someone can screw up the song horribly. Blake's was okay. Not bad. Not stunning.

4. LaKisha: Why, LaKisha, why? You failed with a previous AI's song last week, why would you try it again? At least, I see that Simon's mediocre crit of Blake's song wasn't because of IGB. Another song I don't know, so I didn't notice the pitch problems, and naturally I wasn't comparing it to the original. I thought it was okay, but definitely give props to some diva-esque vocals during the song.

5. Phil: Sometimes I really liked his voice here, but sometimes I really didn't like it all. When he started, I thought "Oh, this might be pretty good," and then he hit the low note that he almost spoke, and it seemed to go up and down after that. Overall, not a good performance, IMO. I'm surprised by the judges' reaction.

?. Chris: Missed his performance completely (Ryan was giving us his # when I tuned in). I saw the clip at the end of the show, and I liked the song choice and thought that two seconds was fairly decent.

I sometimes wonder about choices made for background music in shows and commercials. Here's another example where the verse seems to work for the theme, but the verses prove it to be the opposite. If you listen to the verses of "Waiting on the World to Change," JM's saying that he doesn't feel he can do anything yet, that the world has to change before he could make a difference. Obviously, not what AI wants to say during this performance.

Anyway, I suspect LaKisha is out, though I would prefer to see Phil gone this week.

Incidently, this was the first & only time I have voted (since it was Idols Give Back), & I voted for Melinda, Jordin, & Blake. When I tried to vote for Melinda & Jordin, I got through very rarely. Blake was about every other try (once House was over, I stopped voting, though), so it was pretty obvious that Melinda's & Jordin's numbers were much busier than Blake's.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
M
I sometimes wonder about choices made for background music in shows and commercials. Here's another example where the verse seems to work for the theme, but the verses prove it to be the opposite. If you listen to the verses of "Waiting on the World to Change," JM's saying that he doesn't feel he can do anything yet, that the world has to change before he could make a difference. Obviously, not what AI wants to say during this performance.
My wife made the same comment last night.

Like anyone who ever had "Every Breath You Take" as a wedding song or prom theme. Creepy.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
"Shocking results" Ryan says. Shocking based on last night, every night, the judges' opinions, America's opinion? Hmmm....

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My wife made the same comment last night.

Like anyone who ever had "Every Breath You Take" as a wedding song or prom theme. Creepy.

Nothing says "Love Forever" like the official stalker anthem being played at your wedding.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Did you hear what Ellen said in response to Ryan's "shocking results" statement? She said something like, "What's so shocking? Am I being voted off? I mean there are six contestants, one of them is being voted off. What's shocking about that? So am I being voted off? I really don't want to."

It was very cute. And very funny. Man I love Ellen. She's got this little edge to her that makes her loved by the cynics, and loved by the people who don't notice that little edge.

BTW who got booted out (I gave up watching)?

ETA - never mind. No one got voted off. Truly shocking indeed.

Last edited:

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
My husband forces me to watch, but we really only skip through while watching other things. I've always been bored with the show and can't tell that this season's any worse. I'm rooting for Melinda mainly because she's from around here and has the only really good voice. Jordin gets on my nerves--smiles waaaay too much and cries at the drop of a hat. The guys--dull as dirt. Lakisha--I like her but her range isn't very wide as far as style goes.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Talk about a shocker last night...I was not expecting that at all...but that means two will go next week :( Hopefully LaKisha will be one and maybe Phil or Chris!! If Jordin goes i'll be really mad

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't all that surprised, especially once we got down to Jordin & Chris. Chris wouldn't be shocking, & while Jordin would have been, I didn't believe for a second that she was gone.

I wouldn't worry about Jordin (next week) for that very reason. There was a reason they put her last after warning us of a "shocker," so I suspect she actually got the most votes. She still could "voted off" if she completely goofs next week & everyone forgets how good she is & fails to vote for her completely, but I doubt that will happen.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't hear all of the shocker part and such...I was at a meeting last night and didn't get home until around 9:30...