PDA

View Full Version : Google Hop Animal Trivia

lastr
09-12-2004, 01:21 AM
The way this works is that we start off with an animal and ask three questions about it. Whoever gets the answers first posts them and asks the next questions - extra credit for posting a picture of the animal in question. Google is your friend on this one. ;)

First one:
What is the common name of Dendrobates pumilio?
Why are they considered great Mothers?
Where are they found?

Ready - set - go.

reph
09-17-2004, 09:42 AM
I learned some interesting facts about the strawberry poison dart frog, but it seems to me that this game could use a twist of some kind if it's to fly. Google as a friend makes it too easy because my friend Google can always come out and play.

lastr
09-18-2004, 08:15 AM
it seems to me that this game could use a twist of some kind if it's to fly.

Excellant point there reph. What kind of twist should we do? Maybe write a poem using the facts found or a post the answers in a short story of 50 words or less?

reph
09-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Maybe a trivia quiz, ten questions or so, with a prize for the first set of correct answers?

Oh, but then you'd ask me to write the quiz and provide the prize, wouldn't you? Not that that wouldn't be a reasonable response, but I'm doing so much volunteer work in other venues these days.

I'll keep thinking.

Yeshanu
09-20-2004, 07:11 AM
I like the poem/flash fic idea...

lastr
09-20-2004, 08:04 AM
I like the poem/flash fic idea... I sort of like the ten question quiz with Reph as the reward. :jump

reph
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
with Reph as the reward

I'm flattered, but I can't help thinking that people would rather win a kitten or a rat.

My husband had a rat as a childhood pet. His mother didn't like rats, he says, so this rat was an honorary mouse.

lastr
09-21-2004, 06:24 AM
I'm flattered, but I can't help thinking that people would rather win a kitten or a rat. I think maybe the prize will be a stuffed animal - that way we don't have to have a separate contest for deciding what the prize should be :grin