Why do I keep logging out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I log out every few minutes. I'm not doing this, the computer or system does this automatically. I'd like to make it stop if at all possible. I can't tell the site to remember me becuase then I can't ever log out at all!

If the problem is most likely with my computer I'll understand but if anyone knows how to make it stop, please tell me!

infinitus_kaze

Brutally honest...to a fault
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaelocheskey.com
The reason you are logging out automatically is because you are timing out. If your browser remains idle (if you stay on one page) for too long then the server will log you out automatically. The only way to stop the automatic log outs is to tell the server to remember you. Then, you can log out manually when you are finished by clicking "log out" option on the right-hand side of the screen in the menu bar that has the control panel, faqs, member links, search, and other options.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinkimg it was timimg put but it does it even if say I'm reading a thread and clicking a new page every couple of minutes. Internet explorer is just kinda kicking me off.

I can't tell the computer to remeber me. I can't log off withput erasing my footprints if the computer remebers me . . . which reminds me I need to check up on something else internet related.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
AW is logging me out now... I'll be reading along just fine, jump to another forum and suddenly I have to log in again with user name and password, even though I've checked 'remember me'.

Deleted member 42

You might try deleting the AW cookies, quitting the browser, and logging back in.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I log out every few minutes. I'm not doing this, the computer or system does this automatically. I'd like to make it stop if at all possible. I can't tell the site to remember me becuase then I can't ever log out at all!
You have to check the Remember Me box, otherwise it will log you out every few minutes. You won't stay logged in forever if you just click Log Out at the end of your session (as infinitus pointed out). It's at the upper right of virtually every page, at the far end of the blue bar with User CP, FAQ, etc.

Note that Remember Me just keeps you logged in. When you log out, all cookies are erased from your computer.

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
You have to check the Remember Me box, otherwise it will log you out every few minutes. You won't stay logged in forever if you just click Log Out at the end of your session (as infinitus pointed out). It's at the upper right of virtually every page, at the far end of the blue bar with User CP, FAQ, etc.

Note that Remember Me just keeps you logged in. When you log out, all cookies are erased from your computer.

I do have 'Remember Me' checked at work, CC, but it's logging me out anyway.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score

I solved my other intenet problem. Something about the browser I was using was keeping me from being able to log out completly after clicking remember me. I switched browsers and all is well now :) But thank you!

Deleted member 42

The "Remember Me" checkbox is writing that preference to a cookie; sometimes cookies get a little senile, so it's not a bad idea to just start by deleting the cookie, clearing the cache, quitting the browser, and then logging in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.