Are You the Dog - Or the Hydrant?

ChunkyC

A little puppy humour sent to me this morning....

"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise" -- unknown

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies." -- Gene Hill

"In dog years, I'm dead." -- Unknown

"To his dog, every man is Napoleon; hence the constant popularity of dogs." -- Aldous Huxley

"A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down." -- Robert Benchley

"Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives." -- Sue Murphy

"No animal should ever jump up on the dining room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation." -- Fran Lebowitz

"Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul--chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" -- Anne Tyler

"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money." -- Joe Weinstein

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -- unknown

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
I like this.

:roll: I hope that I am the kind of person that my dog thinks I am.
On the subject I have felt like both on some days.

My dog votes and his opinion counts.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money." -- Joe Weinstein
I should be so lucky...I cook chicken and rice (with vegetable oil and dicalcium phosphate) for my hound, and may have to switch to venison and potatoes.

He's itchy, you know, and it might be a food allergy...

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
rich said:
I feed mine Pro Plan dry food. It's the expensive spread, but the portions are less than the cereal-filled cheaper brands. You also wind up with less poop to scoop.

I feed mine Pro Plan, too, and if that's less poop, I'd hate to see what would happen if I went cheap!

--cindy

btw, rich--very impressed that your dog is wearing a seat belt in one of those pics. You're a good dog dad!

rich

Those were puppy pix. She's on her third seat harness now, and weighs in just short of 70 pounds. Most times I put her in the passenger seat. Since she sits up as tall as a human she gets a lot of double takes from drivers and pedestrians--I think they see a tall blonde on the first take. She also gets professional grooming every two months. My wife gets pissed because the dog has a larger grooming bill than she does. Yeah, guess I'm a hydrant.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Love those quotes.

I choose dog food SOLELY on its poop-reducing qualities. Right now we're using Purina One for sensitive stomachs. I've got such a sensitive dog. Cheap brands or the regular Purina stuff produces volumes of really soft piles - ick! And, you know the guy won't stand in one place. He has to walk all over it while he's relieving himself. When we leave him in a kennel, while we're on vacation, we come back to a kennel full of dog poop! He stresses out and poops all over the place! They also give him cheaper food. But, it's their mess to clean up, so I just take him home, feed him better and destress him.

I'm sorry. I bet you didn't want to know my dog's bowel habits. Too bad.

Wandering Sensei

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Don't have a dog. I live in a condo. I have two beautiful cats who are my best (and sometimes I think only) friends.

I just think dogs need yards, and I don't have one. If I ever moved into a house I'd think about getting a dog. I love the Samoyeds (sp?). Beautiful animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

rich

A hydrant is in many ways

A symbol for a lot of sprays

The one thing that it's yet consigned to

Is something one would start to whine to

Until now.

oneidii

Copyediting Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkblom.com
Hi all,

They just imported ProPlan to Germany, and I will buy my first bag this Saturday on Dog Day! It is what my boy had when we lived in the states, and I'm sure when he smells it he will be very happy. Since I have been here, I haven't found a dog food he (and I) liked, so he has been on the cooked/raw by mummy diet. www.al-idii.de by the way, his name is Idi Issa....I am stoked to finally have ProPlan again!