Thank you all

awatkins

Hi everyone,

As you all know, I haven't been around for quite awhile because I've been helping care for my brother. After a long struggle, he passed away early yesterday morning. While I'm happy that he's no longer suffering, it sure does hurt!

He will be buried at the National Cemetery in Chattanooga on Friday, with full military honors. Semper Fi.

His guardian cat watched over him until the very last moment possible, and then someone packed her up and took her to a relative's house. We were afraid she would get too upset, and she was upset enough already, bless her little heart. How in the world do we explain to her why he isn't coming back?

Take care of yourselves. Be back soon.

poppyhullings

Anne,

You and your family have my deepest sympathy. I am sorry for your loss.

:heart

Kempo Kid

I am so sorry, Anne. My thoughts are with you. I hope your brother's cat is OK soon, too. Cats grieve as well, and as you say, you can't explain to them what's wrong.:hug

maestrowork

Anne, I'm sorry I didn't read this until now.... My deepest sympathy, and I hope you're doing well. This must be a tough time, with the holidays and all. But your brother was lucky to have all these people who love him. Include the wonderful kitty. My sincere condolence.

awatkins

You guys are the best

Thanks so much for all the kind words. They are much appreciated.

The cat is finally settling down, but she still looks for my brother whenever anyone opens a door or makes a noise in the next room. Bless her heart, I do think she'll eventually be okay, but she misses him as much as we do!

My best to you all.