PDA

View Full Version : What's the matter story? Don't you want a home??

The_Grand_Duchess
04-22-2007, 01:47 AM
So I got a rejection today. Which is nothing new really but I happen to look at my submissions tracker and this same story has been rejected five times. And that makes me sad. :(

I know it's a good peice and I know that becuase of how it's written it's a hard peice to place but even still having been rejected five times makes me sad.

So I'm going to indulge in some self pity for a bit, then I'm going to do another edit and find a new market to send it to. I mean what else can I do? :)

eric11210
04-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Absolutely nothing. I just got my third rejection on a flash piece as well. It's going out again this evening. Good luck.

Eric

zahra
04-22-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm sorry. I just got a rejection from a short story, too. Just got it four hours ago, in fact. Not fun. I will send it out again, but don't know where, yet. Meanwhile, have a hug.:Hug2:

Sassenach
04-22-2007, 09:43 PM
So I got a rejection today. Which is nothing new really but I happen to look at my submissions tracker and this same story has been rejected five times. And that makes me sad. :(

I know it's a good peice and I know that becuase of how it's written it's a hard peice to place but even still having been rejected five times makes me sad.

So I'm going to indulge in some self pity for a bit, then I'm going to do another edit and find a new market to send it to. I mean what else can I do? :)

Well, if it's been rejected five times, perhaps it's not as good as you think it is. Perhaps you should take a second look at it. I'm unsure about what you mean above [I've highlighted it in red.]

The_Grand_Duchess
04-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Sassenach: I meant the style of the writing. I've looked at it multiple times (and plan to look at it again) but I will post it in SYW. Perhaps there is something there that I am missing.

Kudra
04-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't think the number of rejections means anything. I've had a piece rejected by almost a dozen small publications only to be picked up by a major one.