Edward Norton cast as The Hulk?

Reaction score
I just hope Hulk doesn't look fake in this next one.

Give me a Hulk that looks like he's really there in the scene.

Thank you.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
It wasn't a smash hit but it certainly did well enough at the box office. $137 million budget vs $245 worldwide tickets, not including dvd, tv, merchandise etc.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I love Edward Norton. He's so talented...why would he stoop to something like that. <shakes head> I'll believe it when I see it.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
These guys are big fans of the comics, just like Nick Cage loved Ghost Rider. Who wouldn't want to star in a film about your favorite comic hero?

I'm hoping that when they announce the film adaptation of Master of Kung Fu, they'll invite martial artists from all over the world to a remote island in the East China Sea to fight to the finish for the lead role. I'll be there. And I shall win. Oh yes. Even tho' the makeup sessions will probably be tougher than the contest itself.

-Derek

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
He's probably mild mannered David Banner.

Uh, no, he's mild-mannered Bruce Banner, actually. ;)

I loathed the first movie, but I think Edward Norton (LOVE him!!) may make this one good enough to see. Plus I understand they're actually trying to make a decent film this time.

I really didn't like him when he was Ang Lee, after all...

But I think Downey is a great choice for Tony Stark. He certainly knows his way around the whole alcoholism/addiction thing, and he cleans up pretty well. I think it will be fun!

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I'm hoping that when they announce the film adaptation of Master of Kung Fu, they'll invite martial artists from all over the world to a remote island in the East China Sea to fight to the finish for the lead role. I'll be there. And I shall win. Oh yes. Even tho' the makeup sessions will probably be tougher than the contest itself.

-Derek

OMG that would be awesome!!!

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
He's probably mild mannered David Banner.
Uh, no, he's mild-mannered Bruce Banner, actually. ;)
Robert Bruce Banner, if you want to get technical. Changed to David Bruce Banner for Bill Bixby's TV series. Maybe "Robert Bruce" sounded too Scottish-y. :)

OMG that would be awesome!!!
Thank you; I'll do my best not to disappoint. Oh, you mean the comic-to-film adaptation. Yeah, awesome!

-Derek

Reaction score
Robert Bruce Banner, if you want to get technical. Changed to David Bruce Banner for Bill Bixby's TV series. Maybe "Robert Bruce" sounded too Scottish-y. :)

Quite right. We all know the image of a Scot getting angry, turning green and ripping his shirt off in public is just stretching the bounds of 'suspension of disbelief' too far. :D

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Ripping my shirt off in public is simply unthinkable, it cost £3 from Asda.

-Derek

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
<nostrils flaring in horror> I have my standards! Tho' to look at me sitting here in the same tee shirt I slept in last night, wearing old tatty breeks wafting air round my hewed hairy calves, you'd never know it.

-Derek

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I wouldn't be seen dead in purple trousers. Just so passé.

-Derek

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Norton is a great actor -- he did a fine job in the Illusionist and The Painted Veil. But as Bruce Banner? I don't know. I actually liked Eric Bana -- I just didn't like the Ang Lee film much (except the part when the Hulk was roaming free... that was great).

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Oh, I think he'll be fun, Maestrowork. I can picture him saying "You won't like me when I'm angry" with that same sort of smoothness he gave the "This document is clearly the work of a madman" speech in Fight Club.

Plus Banner's supposed to be a sort of little nerdy guy. I didn't like Bana in the movie--I hated the movie itself with a passion--but I like Bana a lot as an actor (he so got robbed for Munich, not even nominated?) I just thought he was too hunky to play Banner.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Wait. Ed Norton as the Hulk? That seems like a really odd choice.

180px-Ednorton.jpg
Don't make me mad, Ralphy, you wouldn't like me when I get mad.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I just watched the Illusionist last night, and Norton was really amazing -- I've always liked him, but I can't picture him as the Hulk.

Then again, he was pretty skeery in American History X so it might work. Even he's calm, he still manages to put a ton of power behind his delivery.

"I am Jack's tearing purple trousers."

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Well, besides, the Hulk would be computer animated... OK, thinking on Primal Fear, American History X, and Fight Club, I now believe Norton could do the job rather well. He's quite a brooding fella.

I just hope this doesn't make people think: It's because Eric Bana sucked. He didn't. The script and the movie itself did. I think Bana did a good job.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Well, besides, the Hulk would be computer animated... OK, thinking on Primal Fear, American History X, and Fight Club, I now believe Norton could do the job rather well. He's quite a brooding fella.

It does seem he can play just about any role he chooses to and always does it very well.

Unfortunately, he's already starting behind the eight ball because of the terrible Hulk movie Eric Bana did. (Ray's right though, it wasn't Bana that was terrible...it was the script)