Calling for Ken...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AW we have a newbie here that doesn't know how it works---just like me my first month, he can't even post...can we lead him here and get him started please...I found him in one of Jenna's old threads... :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Uh... Ken? Is that his user name? Which thread did you find him in? How long ago? You don't give us much to work on, kimmi.

You found the pup... now you have to take care of him and feed him and teach him the ropes. Lead him over here once he's housebroken and we'll teach him some tricks.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh... Ken? Is that his user name? Which thread did you find him in? How long ago? You don't give us much to work on, kimmi.

You found the pup... now you have to take care of him and feed him and teach him the ropes. Lead him over here once he's housebroken and we'll teach him some tricks.
Just yester day...let me go look up his other name...I don't think he can navigate in this part but is desperatly seeking help...thanks

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok Jen, rubarbb, is his name and we need to get him into the posts...
ETA he was in Jenna's non fiction thread and just now sent me PM's for help...

Last edited:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Hey Jen , I ...ahem already have a "pup" least you forget... and how soon we forget....:cough: And you soo know I m no good with buttons so please go find him...

hugs`

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh... MAC Mac? Mod...

oh snap, I so know he's stuck in the beginning of the viewing area... where you first come in to AW---
....could be the next Stephen King guys...

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
open a room. open a thread. read thread. something to say? click the button with the mysterious inscription "post reply".

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi, how does he get into the Non-Fiction thread but not here (wherever that is)?

More details, please. I suggest that you tell him to PM a mod and say in his own words what the problem is (I'll be in and out, but he can try me.)

Actually, even better, get him to look at William's instructions and tell us where the problem starts.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
open a room. open a thread. read thread. something to say? click the button with the mysterious inscription "post reply".
Snap William, I know that--you know that, but he doesn't. So he is stuck in the beginning of AW....

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi, how does he get into the Non-Fiction thread but not here (wherever that is)?

More details, please. I suggest that you tell him to PM a mod and say in his own words what the problem is (I'll be in and out, but he can try me.)

Actually, even better, get him to look at William's instructions and tell us where the problem starts.
Oh thank you his name is rubarbb, can you PM him and explain to him...I don't know...I just stumbled over him all alone in Jenna's thread, PM'd him to try and help him out then and finally heard from him today, saying he didn't know how to get in again... :shrugs:

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I suggested, perhaps he can PM me and tell me in his own words what the problem is. Since you've already been communicating with him, it'd be good if you directed him to me. Thanks, kimmi; it's kind of you to care and help out.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I suggested, perhaps he can PM me and tell me in his own words what the problem is. Since you've already been communicating with him, it'd be good if you directed him to me. Thanks, kimmi; it's kind of you to care and help out.
I'll try poet, but I sincerely doubt if he knows how to answer his PM's as I've sent him two and no reply...I feel the one he sent me was just by chance and clicking random, I feel he is stumbling as I post and I know how frustrating that can be...

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok Ken, I'll bump this for you a few more times, and then I have to leave...if you get here scroll up and read... you can refresh the page also by hitting your refresh button...then go get a forum buddy :)
hugs
kimmi

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok Ken last bump up as I have to attend to my family--good luck.
And feel free to PM me if I can help you further :)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps the very first thing I should do is apologize to Ken in advance, and suggest he skip over my post reply to something more helpful...

But shou'dn't you wait until AFTER you reply to push that button? Now if it said Pre Reply I would understand...
All the obligatory jokes, part 1:
http://xynext.com/Abbot-Costello-Whos-on-First-Computer-Joke/index.htm
Part 1 continued:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/6174/abbott-win95.htm

What, were you expecting a Part 2?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll try poet, but I sincerely doubt if he knows how to answer his PM's as I've sent him two and no reply...I feel the one he sent me was just by chance and clicking random, I feel he is stumbling as I post and I know how frustrating that can be...
I understand, kimmi. But if he can't answer your PM's, he certainly won't be able to answer mine!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Okay... I found him. He seems to have the 'reply' thing down on the thread... he's just confused and can't see the forest for the trees. I sent him some links in that thread to the Newbie threads and the FAQs.

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
I'm having a hard time believing someone can't see the 'REPLY' button at the bottom of a PM.

Maybe he just doesn't know he's got PMs... they're subtle little critters.

Sneaky too. When I first tried to delete them, they didn't go away. Maybe it would be best to post a message to your new pup on the non-fiction thread. At least you know he's been there (and may be back.)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did... but he hasn't been back on since I did. Gave him links to the Newbie threads with all the good info. Since he knows how to post already, maybe that'll get him going.
Ohh Jen thank you sweetie. ::picks self up from floor::...But this is horrible...I hope we can get him here. :) I'll go fetch K-9