A little help, s'il vous plait

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
While I have no intentions of quitting my smoking habit, I do want to cut down. I've been smoking more than twice as much as I usually do, and I just can't seem to cut down. There's a few helpful threads on here about it, but none of the techniques really worked.

Any suggestions?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
My friend cut down from 3 packs a day to one pack a day by taking 3-5 capsuels of St. John's Wort daily, and drinking a lot of peppermint tea. But she hasn't been able to drop that last pack yet.

If I promise to contribute to your book collection, will you cut your smoking in half?

No?

If I threaten to cut you in half...will you cut your smoking in half?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
If you're easily shocked or insulted, stop reading now!

Don't empty your ashtrays until...

...you're about to eat. Empty them over your food.

...you're going out. Empty them over your clothes.

...you're going to bed. Empty them over your bed.

...you've just had a shower and feel great! Empty them over your head.

No one will notice, 'cause that's what you smell like anyway!

-Derek

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
If you're easily shocked or insulted, stop reading now!

Don't empty your ashtrays until...

...you're about to eat. Empty them over your food.

...you're going out. Empty them over your clothes.

...you're going to bed. Empty them over your bed.

...you've just had a shower and feel great! Empty them over your head.

No one will notice, 'cause that's what you smell like anyway!

-Derek

I wish the people I love who smoke could do this and know what they smell like.

I wish the people I loved who are now dead had stopped smoking (miss you, Mom)

I wish Tsuki would stop 'cause she's too young and beautiful to smoke.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
While I have no intentions of quitting my smoking habit, I do want to cut down. I've been smoking more than twice as much as I usually do, and I just can't seem to cut down. There's a few helpful threads on here about it, but none of the techniques really worked.

Any suggestions?
Tsuki, don’t listen to the preachy people because they aren’t helpful and don’t understand smoking is an addiction. And the worst one’s are those who use to smoke, which I don’t understand.

Anyways, use Commit Lozenges they help me when I get anxious from the habit, not the cigarettes. I quit 2 weeks in March using the Commit Lozenges and London sucked me back in. Again, I’m on my 3rd day - cigarette free, so invest in the Lozenges. I actually don’t crave the cigarette but miss the habit.

You are young Tsuki, so it is easier for you to break the habit because it only gets worse as the years move on. Also, ask yourself why you smoke? Is it because you’re bored? Do you like it? Good Luck.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Anybody got a stoagie? No silly not a hoagie-one of them there cherootys

Reaction score
Tsuki, don’t listen to the preachy people because they aren’t helpful and don’t understand smoking is an addiction...

Uh, yeah we do understand it's an addiction. But as Maestro and I have both seen loved ones die because of it, what we don't understand is why people would refuse to tackle an addiction to the cost of their own life.

Smoking doesn't make someone look attractive. Neither does watching your gran's vital organs collapse one by one, seeing her shrivel to 5 and a half stones in weight, and having to smell the bag of piss by her hospital bed because she was incapable of going to the toilet after the cancer spread to her brain.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, don’t listen to the preachy people because they aren’t helpful and don’t understand smoking is an addiction.
Got it. Smokers only want support and comments from smokers. No one else can possibly understand about addictions or about the physiological consequences of smoking. All previous posts are hereby deleted, even though they weren't preachy in any way.

Last edited:

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
The other day I was driving through a parking lot and didn't let a lady go in front of me (normally I would have) but she was smoking. :roll: I sped up a bit and she had to wait. I surprised myself that I made that former cigarette smoker turned cigarette Nazi move. It was amusing.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Tsuki - a friend of mine quit using The Patch and a support group. Maybe you could cut back that way. Do it for your future.

I'm not being preachy - I understand physiological addiction. I'm recommending help. You already know the reasons.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Got it. Smokers only want support and comments from smokers. No one else can possibly understand about addictions or about the physiological consequences of smoking. All previous posts are hereby deleted.

:e2violin:

I crack myself up.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Uh, yeah we do understand it's an addiction. But as Maestro and I have both seen loved ones die because of it, what we don't understand is why people would refuse to tackle an addiction to the cost of their own life.
Yes, and I also have seen people die of the addiction along with those dying of obesity. Shall we start going toe-to-toe about who we knew died of an addiction? I didn’t think Tsuki was requesting comments and jokes, but hey carry on it’s her thread.

Got it. Smokers only want support and comments from smokers. No one else can possibly understand about addictions or about the physiological consequences of smoking. All previous posts are hereby deleted.
No, by all means post your comments that you think are helpful. I’ll just remember never to post any requests for assistance unless I’m willing to be ridiculed and put down.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, just quit. Your skin is going to turn to shit and age before its time. You'll end up with all those nasty little lines around your lips that give away a smoker immediately. Your lungs are gunking up with black toxic crap every time you take another puff.
My husband and my mother both quit cold turkey. You can do it too. You only have one body. Take care of it now before it's too late.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Train you know I luvs ya so just relax. My nature is flippant but loving as you well know-my first post was perhaps sarcastic-you can just give up one of your lungs-sometimes a bit of tuf luv is alright to-yes I know that is also debatable. Here's the deal for me and I understand how difficult giving up or handling an addiction is. You just have to trust the old lobster on that. Smoking is one of the toughest-harder than heroin. Smoking is not only physically addictive but socialogically as well. The addiction is a habit the habit and addiction. Nicotine is deadly but helps brain function. Habit in the sense of the sociological pressure-after dinner-get up in the morning-stand around-sit around with friends-and many many more-get my drift. The addiction is finished in around five days-that means the brain gets over its lust for nicotine in around five days give or take one or two. One has to not only kill this addiction but change ones habits. Me? I just said fuck it I am done. Others need support and programs offering support. One must however be determined enough-it is about change. If one is willing to change and make the effort of adjusting ones life it is no big deal. Do you know Dave's tail gating syndrome? Of course not but here it is then I will shut up.

You are driving with a friend-he/she is doing lets say 85 or 90 or even 60 or seventy in the fast lane and is about 10 feet or less behind the car in front. Then comes the statement as another car in the next lane passes doing exactly the same thing-Hey look at that asshole tailgating he is gonna buy his lunch that's for sure-dumb idiot! The idea is it'll never happen to me just the next guy. So smoking is a deadly addiction-it ruins quality of life and death by smokes is one of the worst possible ways to kick it. So Tsuki should think about it-think about it Tsuki-half dead is like being half assed-it is a hell of a way to have to take a crap and a hell of a way to die. Me? Nah it'll never happen to me-luv ya Train-always have always will. shut up Dave-oh alright-back to the smokeless scotch filled cave!!!!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, by all means post your comments that you think are helpful. I’ll just remember never to post any requests for assistance unless I’m willing to be ridiculed and put down.
The poem was probably inappropriate for this thread, even though I said it was just for fun. It's deleted and I apologize for that. But my first post said to Tsuki that I wished she would quit because I care about her. If that is a ridicule or a put down to you, you probably shouldn't read what is printed on every pack of cigarettes because then the company that is providing the product you are consuming is ridiculing you and putting you down...and taking your money.

Last edited: