The 24 and Jack Bauer Thread (SPOILERS AHEAD)

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
Alright. I've seen threads for Lost, House, Drive, and an insane amount of American Idol threads....but where is 24?

This show is probably the most consistently best show on TV today! With the exception of season 4 (I've dubbed it the Rehash season since they pretty much redid all the ideas of the first 3 into one), this show has always delivered.

So in the waning moments of Season 6, I give you the 24 thread.

(Unless there's another one here that I completely missed...in which case, point me in the right direction, please! :) )

So who thinks that the relationship between Jack and Audrey isn't going to end well?
Is any of the main characters going to die before the end?

The Scip

...walks this way.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thescip.blogspot.com
The current season of 24 is by far the worst season they have had. It isn't even on my top 3 shows list anymore.

The Shield, The Unit and Heroes are all better than 24. Sorry if I am raining on the parade. Atleast this might spark some conversation about the show.

:)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
My dad likes the show... *shrug*

Reaction score
Best.Show.On TV

And we discuss 24 and Jack in multiple threads across the vast forum.

It's that good.

With that said, this season, IMO, did take a bit, just a smidge of a dip.

But it's still awesome.

Thank you.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Finally, Buchanan realizes that he cannot trust Chloe.

I've been waiting six seasons for that.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Finally, Buchanan realizes that he cannot trust Chloe.

I've been waiting six seasons for that.

Really? You saw this moment coming before either character was even on the show? ;)

Kidding aside, this season has been iffy for me. Morris annoys the crap out of me (his entire kidnap/torture/drinking storyline was just...eh...who really cares?). Chloe isn't really her usual snappy self anymore. They killed Curtis. The whole "let's try to make a cute couple out of Milo and Nadia and hope people forget they are just a Tony/Michelle knockoff" is lame. Buchanan is relagated to window dressing and pensive stares.

Best ep so far was the one with the Logans. Then we don't hear about them again. :rant:

I want to like this season, I really do. I've been a fan since Day One, and own all five seasons on DVD. But the whole "bringing the world to the edge of nuclear disaster" was old two seasons ago. I have hope for this new storyline (I love that Audrey is the one in mortal peril, instead of the go-to-girl Kim, as long as Audrey stays far away from mountain lions). Vengeful Jack worked last season. Hopefully it will save the last half of this season.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I miss Tony... :e2bummed:

That having been said, I've only really been 'shocked' by a few moments this season. And that's not what I've come to expect from 24. The whole scene with the Logans was priceless. I hate Morris, the whole Milo/Nadia thing makes me want to vomit, and-dammit- I miss my "I'm Buchannan, but I can still give the kick-ass speeches and deadly looks like I did as McQueen" moments from James Morrison (a man I completely adore!). Kiefer is doing a great job, imho, with a not-so-great plot line. And quite frankly, I'm kind of hoping that Audrey doesn't make it, because well, I'm just evil I suppose. Although my favorite moment this season was probably Chloe's 'breathilizer test'. Let's blow up CTU again, make some casting changes, and go back to chasing the bad guy.

I think that's the main problem. They made it about chasing the nukes rather than chasing the bad guy.

And please, please, PLEASE, (spoiler from the last ep, in case you haven't watched it yet...) no more instant recoveries by Wayne Palmer. If he miraculously wakes up from this current 'stroke' and goes about like nothing ever happened I will scream.

Anyhow... I miss Tony. :e2bummed:

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Spoilers

Last night's episode was somehow....predictable. Certainly not what I've come to expect from this show. :Shrug:

Thank God, though, Chloe finally spoke her mind. "You shouldn't arm nuclear bombs for terrorists." Thank you! But now that Buchanan's been fired ( :cry: ), will Morris get his transfer?

One can hope.

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I saw several eps of 24 but they were all the same to me. OK have a different bad guy but there is nothing different in the plots. I really couldn't get in to them at all. Unlike NCIS or With out a trace where they do the same job each epi but the writers still give such a varity that was seriously lacking in 24. Maybe i just didn't see enough but I got bored with the same routine of 24.
Kev

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have to agree with Kev. Neat premise and it started out ok, but I got bored with 24 before the end of the first season. How many times did his daughter get kidnapped in one day? Good grief. Once it started getting absurd, that's when it lost me.

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
I love this show--love Kiefer, but this season is not as good. And I miss Tony too!

Still, it beats the heck out of most of the junk on tv these days....

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
:Wha:

Sooner or later, they'll figure out that Jack is always right, just make him president, and the world will be at peace. Or something.

Er....anyone else finding the episodes so predicable as to be (dare I say it) boring? It's sad that the only good thing in last night's episode was shirtless guest star Michael Shanks (of Stargate fame).

:e2hammer:

merper

Registered
Reaction score
For a season that started out so good, it completely went to crap. I'd like to say it was when they did a total plot shift to the Audrey thing, but it was even before that. I mean - come on, VP tries to seize power from P? Is that or is that not the exact same thing as the last half of season 2. I've been laughing during the show at points during the past 5-6 episodes, which can't be good. If they want to keep this going another season they need something really novel, that people wouldn't expect. I hope the Chinese get away and the Russians attack the US base. A good world war would definitely perk up the show. Then season 7 could be about jack ending it singlehandedly over the course of 1 day.

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
Er....anyone else finding the episodes so predicable as to be (dare I say it) boring?

Yup. I called the Audrey-will-spit-out-a-key-bit-of-info-but-otherwise-be- out-of-it arc long before it happened.

Normally, with 3 episodes left I'd be salivating. But last night's show didn't even end on a cliffhanger!

And how come the Logan storyline, which in reality would have been all over the news, hasn't even been referenced since he was flatlining in the ambulance?

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Chao Quote:
"Sooner or later, they'll figure out that Jack is always right, just make him president, and the world will be at peace. Or something."

Then Jack will be killed as ALL the Presidents get killed in this show!!!
K

ALLWritety

One Step closer, I hope!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I read in the paper yesterday that 24 is losing a very large chunk of its fan base. They are bored and switching off. The rating have dropped dramatically. over 1/3 has gone.
nuff said!!
Kev

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
It's going to be shown two weeks behind over here. :cry:

I hate you all... :tongue

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Rats. For the first time, I watched 24, and its two-hour premiere last night.

I DON'T want to get hooked. I DON'T want to get hooked. I DON'T want to get hooked. I DON'T want to get hooked. Repeat ....

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
SPOILERS.

So far, I think the new season is off to a good start. I love the mix of familiar character actors, and I even liked Freddie Prinze, Jr. The new CTU looks awesome. Chloe is as blunt as ever.

Jack getting sucked back into things was obviously inevitable, but a small part of me couldn't help but hope he just got in the damned car and went to the airport.

I honestly wasn't surprised by the "twist" of the foreign President's brother being the bad guy mole.

Doug Hutchison is an awesome bad guy. He really, really is. And I was surprised by the twist of him being a cop. That last scene with him was chilling.

My burning question: Where the hell is Tony????