What book are you waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I know that there are some series that come out slow as molasses. Any books you are currently waiting on?

I am dying to read:
Book 5 (I think) of the Songs of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin
Book 12 (I think) of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan
A Few Demons More by Kim Harrison (I'm waiting for paperback)
The Boleyn Inheritance by Phillipa Gregory (likewise waiting for paperback)

In the case of Robert Jordan, the guy is getting old and I am a bit concerned that he will kick it before he finishes this series. NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Azure Skye

Huh?
Registered
Reaction score
Waiting for the final installment of Harry Potter and the next of the Gaia Girls.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I'm still waiting for Bard's Oath, the third book in Joanne Bertin's Dragonlord series. I absolutely loved the first two books and have been waiting anxiously for the third (she did confirm there would be a third) for the last eight years.

That's the only one I can think of at the moment.

~DragonHeart~

FredCharles

Registered
Reaction score
I know that there are some series that come out slow as molasses. Any books you are currently waiting on?

I am dying to read:
Book 5 (I think) of the Songs of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin
!

I'm hoping that this comes out soon, before I forget everything that happened in the last 4 books! I had to read an online summary of books 1-3 before I read 4!. I couldn't remember anything, lol.

Book 4 was excellent, btw. I know that some people were disappointed, but I enjoyed it!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hoping that this comes out soon, before I forget everything that happened in the last 4 books! I had to read an online summary of books 1-3 before I read 4!. I couldn't remember anything, lol.

Book 4 was excellent, btw. I know that some people were disappointed, but I enjoyed it!

The story was great, but it was only HALF the story! There were a couple of characters that I looked forward to reading about, and they weren't even IN this half of the book!

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I was waiting for Night Side by Antony Horowitz to come out. Now I'm waiting for it to be on a 3 for 2 table along with 2 other books that I want to buy (or alternatively, for my local library to get it).

I'm also interested in reading Ironside by Holly Black when it comes out in the UK and I think there's some book about a wizardly kid that's coming out in the summer that might be intersting.

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
The newest Michael Connelly.

It's another Harry Bosch. Due out next month, if I'm not mistaken.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm eagerly anticipating the next Harry Potter and the next Terry Pratchett (Tiffany Aching) book. Yes, I know there's another one in between, but I need a Nac Mac Feegle fix!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I just never got into Harry Potter. I love the premise, I love the movies, but the books were written for kids, and I have a hard time really enjoying them. Not that there is anything wrong with children's fiction, but I prefer adult stories.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, great answer! I know the feeling!

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Cardiff. Berlin. Mars. (One day.) Buenos Aires, so
Website
www.herrad.net
My own. 31 May. :snoopy: That's if it gets done in time. My editor is a bit stressed that it might not be. :eek:

Other than that, the new Sara Paretsky. Long nmay she write.

And the last Harry Potter. I'm determined to hold out & wait for 4 weeks after publication & then get it half-price from Amazon however my birthday is three days after publication, so I may get it earlier, & for nothing. ;)

Darkedge

Registered
Reaction score
There's a new Tiffany Aching book coming out... I'll definitly read that.

The Orc King- R.A. Salvatore= awesome... can't wait till it comes out.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Fatal Revenant - the next in Stephen Donaldson's Thomas Covenant series. (And so help me, the spellchecker wants to change "revenant" to "covenant!")

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Let's see--I'm biting my nails for several:

Harry Potter
the next Sophie Metropolis mystery by Tori Carrington
the next Pauline Sokol mystery by Lori Avocato
the next Tony Hillerman
the next Laurell Hamilton
the next Jim Butcher (yeah, yeah, I know. One just came out. Doesn't mean I'm not wanting the next one. ;) )

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
HP7, of course.

And CathyC's next book. </suckup> LOL

And the next Dean Koontz so he can be redeemed in my eyes from that horrid pile-o-poo The Husband.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I just never got into Harry Potter. I love the premise, I love the movies, but the books were written for kids, and I have a hard time really enjoying them. Not that there is anything wrong with children's fiction, but I prefer adult stories.
Try starting at Goblet of Fire (if you haven't tried it). Last time I reread them before the 6th book came out, I started at Philosopher's Stone (I'm American, but have a British copy) & found it was written way too young for me. Skipping ahead to Prisoner of Azkaban (which is my favorite HP story (the movie doesn't do it justice), w/ GoF a close second) & the writing seemed a lot more mature.

Tymolee

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to HP7, also. Daniel Silva's new one is coming out in July or August - I have the date on my calender - can't wait for that one, either.

And WildScribe (not to hijack this thread) - I'm still in the midst of the Jordan series, but my one friend is a HUGE fan. That fear of him getting old is apparently a valid one. My friend freaked out when he read on his blog that he has some disease... I found this on Wikipedia:

On March 23, 2006, Jordan disclosed in a statement[2] in a firm and optimistic tone that he has been diagnosed with primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy, and that, with treatment, his median life expectancy is four years, though he says he intends to beat the statistics. He later posted on his Dragonmount blog to encourage his fans not to worry about him and that he intends to have a long and fully creative life, working for another 30 years. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jordan)

He is apparently doing well, though, from what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.