Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I always submit my fantasy & SF shorts to The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction first, because Mr. Adams is so prompt in his responses, and though the rejections are form, they're personalized (I think that's quite lovely.) And no one can accuse me of not starting at the top!

Ten minutes after opening the envelope, I sent "Henry Belfast, Vampire Accountant" on to the next market.

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! You've got a great attitude. Good luck on that next market. (And what an intriguing title!)

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Great attitude, and good luck with your next submission! Just one question: How can the rejections be form and personalized? :D

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Oops, I didn't mean personalized. Just that his assistant takes the time to insert my name, the name of the story into the form. It's just as much a form letter as "Dear Author," which doesn't bother me either; I just thought it was a bit of extra niceness on their part.

I wish everyone was as fast as he is, since I can't simul-sub. I'm expecting a three-month wait on the next one. Not that I don't have enough to keep me busy.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Speed

The nice thing about F&SF is how fast rejections come. The bad thing is that the rejections come so fast because the stories never reach the head guy.

I have mixed emotions about this. I love the speed, but I hate having stories rejected by someone who can't buy them, even if he loves them.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
His really are a personalized form. He's got several different ones, depending on whether he read past the first paragraph or not.

I've only got one from JJA, and it was the "I didn't even read the whole thing," one. Pooh.

Status
Not open for further replies.