PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

drybonesreborn
04-16-2007, 03:03 AM
How does one get an agent and keep him or her?

If you write a story, only years later to have somone title theirs the same title as yours can you still print yours with a simular title.

"The Patriot" and "Patriot" are the same title for two different films as an example.

Marlys
04-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Titles aren't protected by copyright, so the same title can be used for different books. Whether you want to do that is another story. I usually look up potential titles on Amazon, to find out whether they've been done to death or haven't been used (or at least not recently). Even then, it sometimes happens that two publishers put out similarly-titled books at the same time--in which case you just hope your readers are buying the right one.

Just Me 2021
04-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Dry Bones,

Do a little research online about getting an agent. You'll find out everything you need to know from reading some agent blogs and/or a few good books from the library.

Basically you need to research how to query agents. Then research actual agents to see who represents your kind of work. Then you need to write query letters and send them out. Then you wait for responses.

Good luck.

Did I mention you need to do a little research? (-;