I just took an IQ test...

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
... and I got 131. I'm not familiar with how they score this, so I'm hoping this isn't bad?...
Uggh! Sure you are...familiar, that is. I've never heard of an I.Q. test, whether online or in person, that didn't explain the different levels of what the scores mean. Nevertheless, I'll bite on what you're danglin' and say -- "Wow, Tattered, good job. You're smart!" :)

Lyx -- who felt like being a smartass because the opposite/alternative is so much worse.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
...anything over 125 makes you some sort of genius :)

but in the genius category, you're a freshie ;)

no worries, though, genius is highly overrated.

Cat Scratch

The Peacock Next Door
Registered
Reaction score
Something I noted the other day when discussing IQ tests with my boss: I've never met a person who claims to be lower than about 120. This could indicate many things:

1. I surround myself exclusively with smart people.
2. People are lying.
3. Online IQ tests are designed to make everyone who takes them feel smart, and are inaccurate.

Luke flees the scene

philosopher.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Something I noted the other day when discussing IQ tests with my boss: I've never met a person who claims to be lower than about 120. This could indicate many things:

1. I surround myself exclusively with smart people.
2. People are lying.
3. Online IQ tests are designed to make everyone who takes them feel smart, and are inaccurate.

There's alot of controversy over how accurate the online tests are. I think some are a bit more accurate than others, though. I took the one on www.tickle.com. And you've gotta give me a break, I'm only fourteen. :)

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
i think it's funny when people base their intelligence and character on an IQ test. it doesn't measure a lot of different types of intelligence. for example; emotional intelligence and creativity...

waaaaaaait a minute, i'm exempt!

Luke flees the scene

philosopher.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i think it's funny when people base their intelligence and character on an IQ test. it doesn't measure a lot of different types of intelligence. for example; emotional intelligence and creativity...

waaaaaaait a minute, i'm exempt!

I agree. Your success is more based on your character and quality, not your checkbook or your intelligence. One of my favorite quotes of all time... " Knowledge is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, but imagination circles the world." - Albert Einstein

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
I think IQ tests are kind of silly. I took one when I was like 9 and got an 160. I took one again later and got a much lower score. But I mean, did I really get stupider during that time?

*runs away before anyone can answer*

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An IQ of 131 on one test can be a 147 on another test. The percentile score on a standard IQ test would be much more accurate as far as IQ tests go. A standard IQ test is one that has been given to a large population to show that the scores represent an accurate percentile score.

I've been a member of Mensa and Intertel, and believe me, I'm still the same jerk that represents himself here.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got my master's in Gifted Ed; just over 130 would put you in the 'gifted' range--not genius--on a standardized IQ test (such as Stanford-Binet). What it means on an online test is anybody's guess.

Last edited:

brer

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
... and I got 131. I'm not familiar with how they score this, so I'm hoping this isn't bad?...
Not bad at all! Congratulations! :D

I know that online test, I think, and it's hard!
That's the test where the norm is 160 and the standard deviation is 10. :tongue

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
110 is average, so 130+ is pretty smart.

When I was your age, I was always fucking about at school. The teachers thought I was dumb, thicker than dry paint and tried to send me to a 'stupid-school'. To be admitted I had to do an IQ test, they didn't show me the results at first and sent me back to where I'd come from. They took me back, wowed by the results of the test, appologizing for any miscrepency. Turns out, my IQ was 147-150. However, my EQ was horribly low. Further tests showed that I had Asperger's syndrome and dyselxia, later I was diagnosed with schizoid affective disorder as well.

Just goes to show, the curse of the great is to be totally insane; there is but a thin line between genius and madness (not that I consider myself a genius!)

Kie