Reaction score
Are those rolls fresh?

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
The Chinese are funny - they will comment on your weight like we comment on a haircut. After running a couple of marathons I took some time off and did less training, often people would comment "oooh, you got fat. Why?"

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Ok, having been through all kinds of problems with weight (which are, thankfully, under control now), I am quite sensitive to other people and don't make comments. This situation, however, I couldn't stop myself...

I wear bike shorts at the gym (and/or bike pants, depending on how warm it is). Not exactly a fashion statement, but it's comfortable for working out. Sometimes, I don't bother to change after going to the gym if I'm going straight home.

Well, not long ago I needed to get gas on the way home. So there I am, at the pump, totally gym chic in black Spandex and a T-shirt. A couple of ladies walk by -- and they were fairly large -- and comment (in a nasty tone) about my fashion sense being 80's, ugly, etc.

I said, "Oh, it's not a fashion statement. I just came from the gym. You should try it sometime."

(Hey, they started it...)

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Why on earth would those women insult a total stranger's choice of clothing??? That makes my blood boil. :rant:

Sheesh. Gotta go find my happy place now...

ltd.

Last edited:

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not skinny but not fat either... but don't go making fun of people you don't know..it's not nice and VERY callous.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Don't sweat it, Lyx, I am considering a post here, and when I do, I'll offend everyone and take the heat off you.

Uh, oh, here we go . . .

So, how many seats do you take in first class?

Screw the wheelchair, I ordered a forklift for you.

Ma'am, you exceed the limits of this elevator.

Damn, ass for days!

On the serious side of this, does anyone realize the obesity epidemic in the US might actually be a virus? Not burgers and fast food, but a wee bug? I guess this won't play here, I'll take it to the science fact board. Sorry to bore you. Bye.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Why on earth would those women insult a total stranger's choice of clothing??? That makes my blood boil. :rant:

Sheesh. Gotta go find my happy place now...

ltd.

No idea. Which is why I felt totally justified in my stab o' retaliation. They were absolutely stunned that I would say such a thing, and if looks could kill...

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I'm not skinny but not fat either... but don't go making fun of people you don't know..it's not nice and VERY callous.

No, you just go around calling them insecure and saying they're losers for hanging out on a message board that YOU also frequent.

But at least you don't call them fat. Gotta give you props for that.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
My uncle (may he rest in peace) used to comment on my weight from time to time. It was of the 'damn youre getting fat' variety. My response was (and still is to people who make these kinds of comments) I may be fat, but I can lose weight. You are stupid and thats as good as its gonna get for you. It usually shuts them right up.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My uncle (may he rest in peace) used to comment on my weight from time to time. It was of the 'damn youre getting fat' variety. My response was (and still is to people who make these kinds of comments) I may be fat, but I can lose weight. You are stupid and thats as good as its gonna get for you. It usually shuts them right up.

I wish I'd had the balls to say something like that to my grandmother. Then again, I was 8. Respect your elders and all that crap. She pointed at my stomach in front of people and said "What is this? That's not acceptable in this family. We don't get 'fat' in this family." 19 years later, I'm STILL uber-self-conscious about my weight. Stupid bitch...