PDA

View Full Version : Tinyhorn Press

Susan Gable
04-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Has anyone heard of Tinyhorn Press out of Minneapolis? A friend has a writing student who's been offered a contract from them, but the instructor has never heard of them. I just did a Google search, and a Yahoo search, and found absolutely nothing.

Thanks!

Susan G.

PS - Okay, we did find this website www.tinyhorn.com - thoughts?

JPLangsdorf
04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Marsha Braxton is listed as the managing editor. She's listed on WritersNet, but I have no idea what that actually means. Other than that - nada.

The site is pretty, but a little lacking in actual information. There are books/authors listed, though, so that's nice. I didn't take the time to browse through them, but you may wish to look through and see if you notice anything.

veinglory
04-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I found the website very annoying when the nav buttons actually float away as you are trying to use them.

They are speaking of putting out more than 50 books a year, and they offer a paid editing service at $10 a page where it is assumed the work sent for editing is also being offered to them for publication.

They do not state who started the company and what their relevant experience/skills are.

The whole first paragpraph on the submissions page is a promise not to lie, cheat and steal from authors--which feels a little odd to me.

They state that they are deliberately staying off search engines--probably because the website is incomplete and has a lot of placeholder material. Ergo I assume they are a start up.

Susan Gable
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Marsha Braxton is listed as the managing editor. She's listed on WritersNet, but I have no idea what that actually means. Other than that - nada.

The site is pretty, but a little lacking in actual information. There are books/authors listed, though, so that's nice. I didn't take the time to browse through them, but you may wish to look through and see if you notice anything.

Those weren't really books -- they're placeholders, I think.

Is $10 per page average for paid editing services, or high?

I was thinking the website screams stay away, writer beware <G>, to me.

Susan G.

James D. Macdonald
04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
What I would ask that student: "Have you personally read any of their books? Have your friends read any of their books? Has anyone you know even seen any of their books? If not, why are you considering sending them your book?"

veinglory
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
They haven't published any books yet.

James D. Macdonald
04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Tinyhorn is a newly launched royalty publisher who truly cares about its authors, without them we would cease to exist. We'd like to earn their respect by conducting our business in an honest, ethical manner. We have absolutely no interest in exploiting authors through ambiguous contract clauses, or siphoning their much deserved earnings in any way. Authors publishing with Tinyhorn will receive all royalties owed to them, and be treated with respect by our staff at all times.

Wowsers. Count the red flags. (http://www.tinyhorn.com/Acquisitions.htm)

Start with poor grammar. Move on to aiming their site at writers rather than readers.

Oh, and when the folks from Tinyhorn show up here to denounce us for saying "Stay away" even though we don't know anything about them and they're totally honest: Guys, lose the music. Put your words in a type size that humans who don't have 20/15 vision can read. Forget all the fancy Java and Flash and such webby BS. Get books on the shelves of bookstores. Nothing else in the whole world will impress me.

victoriastrauss
04-14-2007, 06:09 AM
I've been told that they "normally" charge a $600 fee. I hope to get a look at the contract soon.

That has to be the MOST annoying website I've ever experienced, bar none.

- Victoria

CaoPaux
04-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Hmm. That "acquisitions" page now states, in its entirety:

We only accept manuscripts through Literary agents at the email below.

Tinyhorn@msn.com Heh.

blacbird
04-17-2007, 12:08 AM
When I first saw the thread, I misread the title as "Tinhorn Press." On that basis, I was going to recommend against it.

caw

victoriastrauss
04-17-2007, 12:35 AM
More bad news about Tinyhorn Press: they pay royalties on "net profit." Paying on net profit--as opposed to paying on retail/cover price (what the book actually costs) or on net receipts/income (what the publisher actually receives from vendors)--means that the publisher deducts expenses in order to arrive at the amount on which royalties are calculated. In Tinyhorn's case, expenses include production costs and "distribution other than shipping and handling charges." Paying on net profit, which can be a much smaller amount than net receipts (which in turn is smaller than retail), can result in a very small royalty indeed. It seems this publisher is aptly named.

Also, royalties are not paid unless the amount is $50; and the publisher doesn't have to provide royalty statements unless the minimum payment amount has been reached.

There are other issues, including an overly sweeping editing clause and the possibility that authors may sometimes be required to pay for editing.

- Victoria

Susan Gable
04-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Apparently Tinyhorn doesn't like writers who ask questions about them. They withdrew their offer of a contract.

Yeah, that makes them look better.

Methinks a bullet has been dodged.

Susan G.

CaoPaux
04-18-2007, 11:35 PM
I agree, Susan. For the curious, this is what the Submission Guidelines page used to say.

Welcome:

Tinyhorn is a newly launched royalty publisher who truly cares about its authors, without them we would cease to exist. We'd like to earn their respect by conducting our business in an honest, ethical manner. We have absolutely no interest in exploiting authors through ambiguous contract clauses, or siphoning their much deserved earnings in any way. Authors publishing with Tinyhorn will receive all royalties owed to them, and be treated with respect by our staff at all times.

Since Tinyhorn has decided to make its niche publishing celebrity memoirs & biographies, we give priority to those submissions. We are currently working on signing a famous supermodel, an M.M.A. champion and a noteworthy actor for later this year!

We have some sizzling titles ready for release in summer 2007, and optimistically fifty more by mid 08, thus we are actively seeking book proposals to meet our goal. We are open to just about any genre barring religion, poetry, and children’s picture books. We also consider general memoirs, biographies, or nonfiction titles with ‘wow-power.’ If you are interested in publishing with Tinyhorn please briefly describe your book, then answer the questions below. Submit your no more than two page response to Acquisitions editor: Marsha Braxton at this temporary email - blueghost999@hotmail.com

1. Is your book complete? If not when?
2. What genre does it fall under? Is it unique?
3. How many pages is /will it be?
4. What do you see as your books competition, if any?
5. How many copies of your book would you be satisfied selling?
6. Do you have size specifications or cover designs in mind?
7. Are you interested in publishing more books in the future?

Note: We're trying to stay out of the search engines while our site is in development.As Uncle Jim said, count the red flags....

victoriastrauss
04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh dearie me, Tinyhorn is stamping its little feet and having a temper tantrum. This is up on its entry page:

It's come to my attention Tinyhorn is being attacked by an elderly woman. (author) Victoria Strauss who I'm told writes second-rate, Fantasy Ebooks, (sister site 4 book reviews) and is involved with a website called absolutewrite.com Was it her work rejected or James D. Macdonalds, Donal? Consequently we can no longer accept......and the rest is unfortunately obscured by a non-working link.

Gosh, the professionalism is knee-deep around here. I'm also impressed by the quality of their research.

- Victoria

Unimportant
04-19-2007, 12:03 AM
Oddly enough, Elderly Woman (giggle), their acquisitions page says they only accept submissions through literary agents. Perhaps the "we can no longer accept" is "submissions over the transom". (Cuz, of course, a second rate ebook author like you would be spamming your manuscripts into publishers' slushpiles.)

And their "portfolio" is just a few cartoon thumbnails repeated over and over. What exactly is this company?

priceless1
04-19-2007, 12:08 AM
It's come to my attention Tinyhorn is being attacked by an elderly woman. (author) Victoria Strauss ...
<slapping knee while laughing fool head off> Sorry, Victoria...that just so blows the reality of who you are. I'm...well...enjoying a good laugh. Truly unprofessional to serve a snark sandwich on one's own website. Yeech.

veinglory
04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Funny how a few questions about unprofessional presentation normally provokes conduct to match. Time to replaced 'Mood-y Moderator' with 'elderly woman (author)'? bwah ha ha.

But seriously, a publisher that seems to have issues about age, gender, genre writing, ebooks and personally attacks anyone who deigns to question them. That isn't a red flag, it's a scarlet bedsheet.

herdon
04-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Well, at least it was amusing in a 'i cant believe someone would put together such an annoying and stupid scam website' sort of way.

I only wish I could say something true enough that I could be mentioned on their website as an evil attacker 8(

Unimportant
04-19-2007, 01:42 AM
That isn't a red flag, it's a scarlet bedsheet.
<gasp> V, are you saying they've lost their virginity?

veinglory
04-19-2007, 01:48 AM
I won't believe it until they deliver, um, publish a book ;)

batgirl
04-19-2007, 02:34 AM
<gasp> V, are you saying they've lost their virginity?
Hah. Betcha they killed a pigeon on the bed. That's the traditional way of faking previous chastity.
That's seriously one of the worst under-construction websites I've seen.
-Barbara

Popeyesays
04-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Now they are 'only accepting submissions through literary agents'. What a good opportunity for BB, NYLA et al.

James D. Macdonald
04-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Wow. This is really early in the life cycle of a hopeless publisher for them to bring out the "sour grapes" defense.

Good luck finding a legitimate agent who'll return your calls, guys. (And I mean it, really. Lose the music.)

JeanneTGC
04-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Oh my. What's with all the RED?

And, Uncle Jim, you CAN turn the music off. By getting my nose RIGHT up to the screen I could see, in red bold type on a red background of the same color, the sound On/Off point. It's tiny, but it's there.

I'm with everyone else -- what an atrocious-looking site. And nowhere to add a comment like, "We at AW prefer to be called crones as opposed to old women."

veinglory
04-19-2007, 07:20 AM
I am partial to 'hag' or possibly 'harridan'

Popeyesays
04-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Fishwives?

As a male, I have reached the 'Old Fart" stage, or maybe curmudgeon.

Regards,
Scott

JeanneTGC
04-19-2007, 07:30 AM
I like hellion, but I think the folks at Tinyhorn would deem me too old for that title.

How about busybody as another alternative?

Toothpaste
04-19-2007, 07:38 AM
wtf

seriously

wtf

Pagey's_Girl
04-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I myself would prefer to be called "Dowager Empress." :D

James D. Macdonald
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
It's come to my attention Tinyhorn is being attacked by an elderly woman. (author) Victoria Strauss who I'm told writes second-rate, Fantasy Ebooks, (sister site 4 book reviews) and is involved with a website called absolutewrite.com Was it her work rejected or James D. Macdonalds, Donal? Consequently we can no longer accept...

I believe the missing bit is "unagented manuscripts." (If you read fast while the page is loading but before that button gets pasted on, you can see it.)

Y'see, folks, why you can't submit to these sterling characters? It's my fault! It's Victoria's fault! Blame us for taking away this opportunity.

Or get down on your knees and thank us. Your choice.

abemorgantis
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
That is do odd.

JerseyGirl1962
04-19-2007, 05:54 PM
It's come to my attention Tinyhorn is being attacked by an elderly woman. (author) Victoria Strauss who I'm told writes second-rate, Fantasy Ebooks, (sister site 4 book reviews) and is involved with a website called absolutewrite.com Was it her work rejected or James D. Macdonalds, Donal? Consequently we can no longer accept...

Y'see, folks, why you can't submit to these sterling characters? It's my fault! It's Victoria's fault! Blame us for taking away this opportunity.

:roll:

Gaak! Victoria an elderly woman...Uncle Jim's work rejected (finished Land of Mist and Snow in about a week). Righto. They sure know how to do their research on authors, don't they? :tongue

Signed,

Curvy Old Broad a/k/a Nancy

abemorgantis
04-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Attacking two prominent members of the science fiction and fantasy community is extremely counter productive and does nothing to enhance credibility. To slam anyone's publish record is foolish considering they haven't published one single book!

Popeyesays
04-19-2007, 06:38 PM

I believe the missing bit is "unagented manuscripts." (If you read fast while the page is loading but before that button gets pasted on, you can see it.)

Man, I'm so sorry they rejected your book or Victoria's. I hope they weren't offering big advances, you guys must be so tired of your books going to such tiny presses as TOR, Daw, Ace, Ballantine et al. Those mid-high five figure advances are so tiny. And it must be boring to sell just 50-100,000 copies of a title.

Regards,
Scott

James D. Macdonald
04-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I wonder if my friends Sharla or Travis would like to submit something to them?

Pagey's_Girl
04-19-2007, 07:15 PM

Atlanta Nights, Part II - the eagerly awaited sequel!

DeadlyAccurate
04-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Why not give Kahn Niving or Monty Bank the chance they deserve?

Duncan J Macdonald
04-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Why not give Kahn Niving or Monty Bank the chance they deserve?They work better as collaborators: K.A. Niving / Monty Banque (pen names to give their new International Best Saleing Historical Dogmatic Thriller a more romantique flair)

DeadlyAccurate
04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Victoria Strauss who I'm told writes second-rate, Fantasy Ebooks, (sister site 4 book reviews)

Funny, I was told Victoria is a twelve-year-old child prodigy whose work has won the Pulitzer five times, starting at the age of six. No, really. This guy at work told me his secretary's mechanic said he met a guy who once saw Victoria in a store. It was either Victoria or Dakota Fanning.

Sure, I could do research and see if what I heard was wrong, but dagnabbit, why should I actually look something up before I go running off at the mouth?

JimmyD1318
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Boy! Talk about your internet meltdowns! This one is a dozy! I guess this means that we shouldn't submit anything too them at all right?:ROFL:

herdon
04-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Maybe the site is an April Fool's Joke. I mean ,the menu items do run away from the cursor, it's hard to take the site seriously.

Unimportant
04-20-2007, 08:13 AM
I think it's got to be some kind of weird joke. Their website now has a picture of a pretty blonde girl and this text:

The beauty of M.B is undeniable, the ugliness of absolutewrite is obvious. Those old old sea-hags have always been jealous of how pretty I am. I could wrestle any of those geriatrics into submission in seconds, if I wasn't busy using their manuscripts as toilet paper, I've been pooping on them all day. I have a new site,up and running and yes It gets literary agents since I know many of them PERSONALLY. They don't even know what absolutewrite is (more like absolute crap). Please come back soon! I'm going to turn this site into a pay for peek, where you can use (paypal) and watch me and my girlfriends peeing on images of your work, your pictures, and your manuscripts. (Really.) Stupid people in groups seem to back each other up. P.S. The first page (the red with the music) will be back! Later bitches. P.S.S I've already received some of your submissions at my new site, under it's new name.

MacAllister
04-20-2007, 08:30 AM
:)

Goodness.

Toothpaste
04-20-2007, 09:11 AM
It must be a joke. I mean, I'm laughing and all.

James D. Macdonald
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM

For a thrilling preview see post #290 in this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1104262

abemorgantis
04-20-2007, 05:13 PM
:ROFL:

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I think it's got to be some kind of weird joke. Their website now has a picture of a pretty blonde girl and this text:

The beauty of M.B is undeniable, the ugliness of absolutewrite is obvious. Those old old sea-hags have always been jealous of how pretty I am. I could wrestle any of those geriatrics into submission in seconds, if I wasn't busy using their manuscripts as toilet paper, I've been pooping on them all day. I have a new site,up and running and yes It gets literary agents since I know many of them PERSONALLY. They don't even know what absolutewrite is (more like absolute crap). Please come back soon! I'm going to turn this site into a pay for peek, where you can use (paypal) and watch me and my girlfriends peeing on images of your work, your pictures, and your manuscripts. (Really.) Stupid people in groups seem to back each other up. P.S. The first page (the red with the music) will be back! Later bitches. P.S.S I've already received some of your submissions at my new site, under it's new name.

Okay...I thought you were just joking!:Jaw: That has to be the dumbest crap I have ever seen! Not at all professional! Oh, well Uncle Jim, I guess there goes your chances of anything of yours being published by them. So sad....:ROFL:

victoriastrauss
04-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Clearly they monitor AW, despite their protestations...'cause it's back to the red page and the "elderly woman" thing.

That little rant kinda reminds me of Leann Murphy/Desert Rose's meltdown (http://truthaboutwriting.com/?p=50) after the IILAA debacle (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45020&highlight=ilaa).

- Victoria

veinglory
04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I think a writer would have to be pretty crazy to submit to them after those hissy fits, and an agent would have to be certifiable. Anyone want to take bets on whether the first book (if any) they put out is written by one of the people who started this "publisher"?

James D. Macdonald
04-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Bet their site was hacked.

Gravity
04-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Bet their site was hacked.

Has to be. Otherwise we're all watching the world's quickest business implosion.

Toothpaste
04-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Seriously crazy stuff. I just can't take it seriously, even the old woman stuff. There is no way a professional outfit would ever behave like that. Even if they had been actually wronged, one never rises to the bait. The professional thing is to ignore it, be the better person. Obviously we can conclude therefore that they are not the better person.

veinglory
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM
When people are hacked they generally put up an explanation. I see it as a common emotional kneejerk reaction that they later thought better off. It wasn't that different from what they had already said about Victoria.

Uncarved
04-20-2007, 07:04 PM
It still shows the blonde woman for me and the rant.

James D. Macdonald
04-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Everyone, clear your caches.

Popeyesays
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I cleared my cache and it's still the blonde.

Regards,
Scott

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Not to bad looking of a blonde though. But still way to werid for me.

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM

:Hail: :Hail: :Hail: How's that Uncle Jim.

roach
04-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I've never been to the tinyhorn site before. Just clicked the link and it shows the blonde/rant box.

Wow...just wow.

BenPanced
04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Crack of Atlanta's Nightly Death?

Living in Saint Paul, you'd think there would have been a hyooooge media explosion regarding Tinyhorn, considering the extensive arts community we have up here.

victoriastrauss
04-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Aha! I cleared MY cache and now I can see the blonde, pierced bellybutton and all.

The writing style of the rant, with unexplained parentheses and strange punctuation and capitalization, is similar to that of the nasty message on the red page. So I'm thinking it's not a hack.

Honey, when you're 51, you better hope you look as good as I do (http://www.sff.net/people/victoriastrauss/biography.html).

- Victoria

veinglory
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
The blonde scares me.

Uncarved
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
The blonde scares me.

You and me both...

btw... I never buy ebooks, but I'm going to get your Sculpture's Muse and Wicca Man this weekend;)

and Victoria? Hadn't seen a pic of you before.... You Rock girl :)

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 09:25 PM
You and me both...

btw... I never buy ebooks, but I'm going to get your Sculpture's Muse and Wicca Man this weekend;)

and Victoria? Hadn't seen a pic of you before.... You Rock girl :)

I will second that! ;)

abemorgantis
04-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Now it says:

Tinyhorn P.F.P to come.!

WTF is going on with these people??

veinglory
04-20-2007, 09:43 PM
No doubt they will be starting up under a new name as previously alluded to. After all, this thread would have googled better than their own site.

p.s. PFP?

Kasey Mackenzie
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Honey, when you're 51, you better hope you look as good as I do (http://www.sff.net/people/victoriastrauss/biography.html).

- Victoria

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Victoria, your skin is absolutely gorgeous. =)

James D. Macdonald
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
If they do start up under a new name there'll be a warning up about thirty seconds after anyone notices they exist.

These boards are full of the histories of amateur publishers who crash landed (taking their authors with them).

See, for example, Heliographica Press (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14303), Rockway Press (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708), Capri Publishing (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45649), Author Identity Publishing (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45901), and any number of others.

alisarish
04-20-2007, 10:24 PM
"Honey, when you're 51, you better hope you look as good as I do."

You are actually quite good looking, if you dye your hair you can tell people you are 40.

priceless1
04-20-2007, 10:25 PM

- Victoria
Eeek, we're the same age. That cracks it, Beverly Hill plastics, here I come.

Uncarved
04-20-2007, 10:38 PM
"Honey, when you're 51, you better hope you look as good as I do."

You are actually quite good looking, if you dye your hair you can tell people you are 40.

I love her hair, don't you Dare Dye IT Victoria...

veinglory
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
(... or at least not blonde)

waylander
04-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I met Victoria at WFC last November and she looks better than her picture.

Gravity
04-20-2007, 10:49 PM
This tinyhorn train-wreck-in-the-making is better than a Tex Avery cartoon. And that's saying something...

victoriastrauss
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
{{{{{{{ blushing }}}}}}}

- Victoria

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 11:10 PM
This tinyhorn train-wreck-in-the-making is better than a Tex Avery cartoon. And that's saying something...

Only Tex Avery? This is like a Warner Brothers and Tex Avery catoon combined! Wonder when the Road Runner shows up?

Unimportant
04-20-2007, 11:30 PM
My browser shows the blonde as having disappeared, and all I get is a red page with "Tinyhorn P.F.P to come.!"

Presumably sometime in future we'll be seeing a thread on B&B about P F Publishing or P F Press.

And Victoria -- holy cow, you are *gorgeous*!

JimmyD1318
04-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Awww...it looks like they took their ball and went home. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

James D. Macdonald
04-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Hmmm... I got the music and some Lorem Ipsum text.

Rolling Thunder
04-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Heh...Makes you wonder if it's the same person.

http://www.co.douglas.ne.us/dept/sheriff/services/warrants/eachwarrant.php?id=1064778

JeanneTGC
04-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Heh...Makes you wonder if it's the same person.

http://www.co.douglas.ne.us/dept/sheriff/services/warrants/eachwarrant.php?id=1064778
Well, with that description, it's certainly NOT the blonde in the photo.

Then again, I think she's probably a download from a site that charges money for the priviledge...:D

CaoPaux
04-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Curiouser and curiouser. A fellow’s profile as of 4/12/07…

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:Hpg-Q2D5T-IJ:nowlive.com/member.asp%3Fid%3D100205185+tinyhorn&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=us

CURRENT OCCUPATION: Publisher for Tinyhorn.com - looking to talk Adrian Curry into writing a book with me as her publisher. I can dream - right? I Think she's a great writer.

MOST "HUMBLING" MOMENT: <snipped> The book 'The bobby report' to be released this summer explains this social experiment gone wrong. Check www.tinyhorn.com this summer. I might be the most famous, unfamous person you'll ever meet.

...and as of 4/23/07:

http://nowlive.com/member.asp?id=100205185

CURRENT OCCUPATION: I was an assistant to a book publisher, but was fired earlier today, …

MOST "HUMBLING" MOMENT: <snipped> Book to follow. (Never mind my publisher just fired me.)

AnneMarble
04-23-2007, 10:36 PM
No doubt they will be starting up under a new name as previously alluded to. After all, this thread would have googled better than their own site.
Of course, like most other companies that do this, they will be found out quickly because of similar wording and web design, site ownership, etc. ;)

p.s. PFP?
Petty Friggin' Publisher? I'm sure we can all think of others. (I already have, but I'm leaving the obvious ones for you. ;))

herdon
04-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Curiouser and curiouser. A fellow’s profile as of

I still say it is too good to be true and must be some elaborate joke. Can real life be that funny? Dunno. I suppose it can try!

abemorgantis
04-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Just to update this, Tinyhorn's website has gone POOF.

JimmyD1318
04-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Just to update this, Tinyhorn's website has gone POOF.

Oh well...I guess that's the end of that. For now that is! I'm sure they will try to come back again!

BenPanced
04-28-2007, 01:14 AM
They're baaaaaaaaaack!

The "P.F.P." or whatever message has returned.

abemorgantis
04-28-2007, 02:07 AM
So...weird...

dabsinfiction
08-04-2007, 03:17 AM
As far as I'm concerned, any publisher who says, "We only accept manuscripts from agents," should pay advances worth something. As far a $10per page for editing. . . Well, let's just say this. If they were a gas station and that was the price of their gas, they would be investigated for price gouging.

James D. Macdonald
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I just searched Amazon for any books published by "Tinyhorn."

No hits.

Khazarkhum
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
They don't have a site anymore, either.

Another one bites the dust...

Bo Sullivan
02-05-2008, 02:13 AM
"Tinyhorn is a newly launched royalty publisher who truly cares about its authors, without them we would cease to exist. We'd like to earn their respect by conducting our business in an honest, ethical manner. We have absolutely no interest in exploiting authors through ambiguous contract clauses, or siphoning their much deserved earnings in any way. Authors publishing with Tinyhorn will receive all royalties owed to them, and be treated with respect by our staff at all times."

If Tinyhorn had the above motto to display on their website, (assuming they have now disappeared), why did they cancel an author's contract immediately they received criticism? Criticism is everywhere connected to writers, their writing and the world of publishing and in most of the industries connected to the Arts. Writers have to be strong in their own beliefs, but above all they have to believe in their publishers.

Tinyhorn is obviously not ready to become a publisher, otherwise they would put some weight behind their motto and turn it into reality.

B.

BarbJ
02-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks for bumping this, Uncle Jim. I missed it first time around, and it's got to go on the list of classics.:D