I got a fish in the mail. It's the little things that make a difference...

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

Last edited:

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
Um, congratulations? I just had to pop in to say this is the best. post. title. EVER. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about and it's still so funny I'm going to have a nice warm glow all afternoon.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Um, congratulations? I just had to pop in to say this is the best. post. title. EVER. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about and it's still so funny I'm going to have a nice warm glow all afternoon.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46151 - "the fish is not stalking me" thread started a fish thing between these two.
Kevin won an auction for an item Chris put up for auction, so when he sent it to him, he sent a fish with it.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first thought was that passage from "The Godfather," about when you send a fish to someone, it means they will soon sleep with the fishes.

This has a much happier ending!

Maryn, pleased to see Kevin smiling

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Was it perhaps...

THIS FISH, KEVIN?

FishNo2.jpg

Reaction score
Come now, people...we don't want those voices in Kev's head to start talking in a strange fishy-language, do we? That'd really freak him out.

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I got a fish in the mail once, a mackrel.
Round the corner from my flat was the weekly market, I think it came from there. I was having a little turf war with upstairs, a real twat called Richard.

I put some of my dog's shit in an envelope and put it in his mailbox a few days later.

After a week, I discovered it was the boys from the youthclub I was working at that had done the fish thing, because I'd thrown them out for being drunk. I felt, not so, bad. He was a twat after all.

Reaction score
I've never received a fish in the post, although I did once send someone a severed arm.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
And, though the first post is deleted, this thread was started to thank Chris for the fish he sent in the mail. It got a bit squished...but it was, nonetheless an admirable fish.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
And, though the first post is deleted, this thread was started to thank Chris for the fish he sent in the mail. It got a bit squished...but it was, nonetheless an admirable fish.

You're kidding! Dangit - was the other photo OK?

(I was out-of-county with day-job mindlessness when you started this thread, sorry)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
no. it's not poor. i still have it. i will cherish it always. it's a trophy of my triumph of its will.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You're kidding! Dangit - was the other photo OK?

(I was out-of-county with day-job mindlessness when you started this thread, sorry)

lol! Yes. It's great. I also thanked you for the other photo. It's on my wall. We actually have a full group of NY black and whites...it was quite ironic that you posted them. It fits nicely with the others...I like its blur-ness. Thanks much...again.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
It was a rehearsal for sending the real thing in the coming weeks. A 'dry-run' if you will. Mmmmmhaaaahaha!

ETA - you're welcome!

(I dunno, where are my manners today?)

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
lol.

Now I'm scared to go to my mailbox. (Faaaaa...I always am. Between rejections and bills, there is no justice!) BUT NOW FISH TOO!