Status
Not open for further replies.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
Sesame Street was rocked today by the revelation that Grover, the self-proclaimed "cute, furry monster," has be filing fake global reports.

In documents leaked to the A.P., it seems that the former waiter, who shot to meteoric fame on the PBS show, has not been traveling the world and sharing the experiences and cultures of kids he meets in distant lands. Documents reveal that stock footage, and in some cases, footage shot specifically for his reports, while he was back in New York, were merely over-dubbed by Grover in a sound-booth only a few hundred yards from the New York street.

"Frankly, I'm shocked," said local resident, Gordon Robinson. "I mean, the voice-overs that run alongside the video in these reports is clearly in the first-person. Obviously we're supposed to think he was there, sharing the experiences. If this is true, I'll be very disappointed."

A second street resident offered the following insight. "Elmo never saw Grover in those videos. Elmo got suspicious when he only ever heard Grover's voice. Elmo's not stupid."

Another local, who refused to share his name said, "SCRAM!"

Evidently emotions are running high on the neighborhood.

Even as the story broke, further skeletons from the monster's past began to emerge. A diner from a near-by restaurant said, "I'm not surprised. This guy's a sham. Always has been. I eat lunch out every day and when this guy was a waiter, before he became a big shot TV star, he never once got my order right. NEVER!"

A spokesman for the now embattled star and street offered the following statement. "This just one... ONE! Ah! Ah! Ah! minor misunderstanding. If you want scandal, take a trip over to Fred Roger's neighborhood. The guy hasn't lived there in years. He moved out to the Hamptons in '72... SEVENTY-TWO! Ah! Ah! Ah!. And that Neeley fella? Check out his uniform. It's bogus. The man was fired for mail fraud years ago."

When pushed for details, the spokeman refused to say more than, "Go check the facts. I just gave you two... TWO! Ah! Ah! Ah! real scandals. And there are more. You just have to look hard enough and you'll find them.

This comes only a week after another Sesame Street resident, known only by his first name, Bert, got into trouble after referring to the local annual "Honker, Ducky, Dinger Jamboree" as just another group of "diaper-headed fu-mo's."

This was met with a round of vocal protests, best summed up by Hairy Monster, local union-rep. "It's one thing for us monsters to use the term, but we deman respect from others. If you aren't one of use, have the decency to call us "diaper-headed FUrry-MOnsters."

Status
Not open for further replies.